TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Tom Lillycrop

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:52 AM

Looks like Glenn has decided to release Tom.
According to radio leeds during in the after match interview yesterday Glenn said he released a player this week.
In league weekly Sheffield and doncaster are vying for his services apparently he's been told he's surplus to requirements.

#2 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,767 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:49 AM

Looks like Glenn has decided to release Tom.
According to radio leeds during in the after match interview yesterday Glenn said he released a player this week.
In league weekly Sheffield and doncaster are vying for his services apparently he's been told he's surplus to requirements.

Has the air of familiarity about it doesn't it ? - not everybody in the one for all and all for one camp then. Looking at the props yesterday only reinforced my belief that the only one capable of scattering defences is still Aizue. Even against amateurs, both Nash and Haggerty ran the ball in without aggression or conviction - do their share of tackling and donkey work, but blockbusters they ain't.

#3 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

Dewsbury Rams have today confirmed that prop forward Tom Lillycrop has been released from his contract in a mutual agreement and is now free to move to another club.
Tom and Ram’s Coach Glenn Morrison had been working hard together to improve the player’s overall game but both felt that he (Tom Lillycrop) had just not kicked on from last season as he had hoped he would in spite of putting a lot of hard work into it. Unfortunately he had also fallen down the pecking order during the close season and through the pre-season friendlies. Ram’s Coach Glenn Morrison paid tribute to Tom Lillycrop “He is a good kid who has worked hard to improve things but it was just not happening for him. He needs to be playing regular rugby at his age which is something I couldn’t guarantee him. We sat down together and I agreed we would release him from his contract so that he could find another club and get back playing regularly again. I would like to wish him all the best in the future and to thank him for all his efforts and the hard work he has put in during his time at the Rams”.

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#4 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

Good luck tom shame it ain't worked out. Top lad.

#5 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

Has the air of familiarity about it doesn't it ? - not everybody in the one for all and all for one camp then. Looking at the props yesterday only reinforced my belief that the only one capable of scattering defences is still Aizue. Even against amateurs, both Nash and Haggerty ran the ball in without aggression or conviction - do their share of tackling and donkey work, but blockbusters they ain't.

Dont know what he's done wrong really, but guessing his face didnt fit.  If he does go i wish him luck. 

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,749 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

All the best Tom. You can rediscover your mojo in CC1 maybe?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,749 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

Dont know what he's done wrong really, but guessing his face didnt fit.  If he does go i wish him luck. 

Too slow on defensive cover Nick - decent going forward but not so going back. He'll do OK somewhere that he can get a regular game.

Tommy G did alright yesterday didn't he GOR?

Edited by Blind side johnny, 17 March 2014 - 12:48 PM.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#8 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 576 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

To be fair I'm sorry to see him leave,but you can't hold him back it looked to me he was way off the 1st team with the other props in front of him & now we've recruited Dowes who I think will be a good signing for us! I've not seen Tom around the club since the Castleford friendly anyway

#9 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

Will be interesting to see if Mr Farrell
Gets a run out in our next game

We will see if the teams picked on merit or face fitting

;)

#10 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

Don't be surprised to see him at

Sheffield

Shortly ;)

All the best Tom

You never let me down when playing :)

Edited by coolie, 17 March 2014 - 08:20 PM.

#11 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

Sad to see him go, always gave 100% , says on twitter that the Eagles are announcing a signing tomorrow morning at eight, I wonder who that can be??

#12 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

Will be interesting to see if Mr Farrell
Gets a run out in our next game
We will see if the teams picked on merit or face fitting
;)

If its on merit then Farrell has to play...

#13 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:23 PM

He's in talks with Sheffield according to league weekly there short on forwards to.

#14 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

Farrell has gotta be in with a chance after yesterday's performance he was immense.

#15 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

Gone to Sheffield

Press conference tomorrow

Confirmed

#16 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,749 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:27 PM

Farrell has gotta be in with a chance after yesterday's performance he was immense.

Although still against amateurs. Lets' not build him up too high before he has had a proper chance to prove himself against stronger sides.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#17 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 576 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:38 AM

Sorry to see Tom leave he's a good lad it'll probably do him good to another club and get his form & confidence back. To be honest what I saw back end of last season & the pre season friendlys he didn't seem like the same player! In fact I don't think I've seen him around the club since the cas game.

#18 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

Yeah, eagles press release says they've "snared lillycrop from championship rivals".

Never knew you could snare a released player!

Good luck, Tom.

#19 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,767 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

Although still against amateurs. Lets' not build him up too high before he has had a proper chance to prove himself against stronger sides.

Ditto Tommy G eh BSJ ? The problem with veteran players - especially props, is that you have to rotate them more often, which cuts down your options.

#20 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,767 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:52 AM

Yeah, eagles press release says they've "snared lillycrop from championship rivals".

Never knew you could snare a released player!

Good luck, Tom.

Best of luck Tom, I for one rated you. Can't see how you could have improved without playing. Reckon you'll come back to haunt us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users