Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Challenge Cup 4th Round Home Tie

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#41 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

You will Jim but the club will lose a hell of a lot on the gate... Sunday or Saturday night for me... Sunday will obviously be better

#42 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

But Wigan ain't the team they used to be

Hopefully they will bring 2,500
think we would all be over the moon
you would be looking at a gate of around

Can't remember how many we got last time we played them at home

I'm sure someone will know CF ;)

coolie why would we get only around 800 home fans for a big match with Wigan?? Already on my Facebook now are people who don't go to dewsbury games saying they are defo going to game. We got 900 home fans v haven and fev, if we can't sell over 1,000 then that's appalling. We should be looking at selling atleest 1500... And that's at leest mate.

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 18 March 2014 - 06:18 PM.

#43 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

Pretty sure Wigan are the current Challenge Cup holders and current Super League Champions and only a couple of weeks back played in the World Club Challenge!
What sort of team did they used to be? ;-)

17 internationals
Made the challenge cup their own
Pretty invincible

That's the team they were..but not now

Big super league teams have been pegged back thru financial restraints

Their nowhere near as dominant as they were on their last visit in 1998

The interesting question for me is

Who and when they play the next game after us

Can someone find out

If their down for the Thursday night game
can't see wane wanting to play Sunday

Think Wigan might push for Friday night

#44 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

coolie why would we get only around 800 home fans for a big match with Wigan?? Already on my Facebook now are people who don't go to dewsbury games saying they are defo going to game. We got 900 home fans v haven and fev, if we can't sell over 1,000 then that's appalling. We should be looking at selling atleest 1500... And that's at leest mate.

Chris it's the first weekend in April

Just because Easter is later this year
People will still be going away traditionally it's when everything opens

Seaside
Caravan parks
Cheap week's holidays

We don't pull 1000 fans for each game

Yeah there will be one offs and hangers on
Jumping on the band wagon to see Wigan against their home town club

Its getting them same fans back for the next game after the big event.

#45 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

Very good draw compared to what we have had in the last few years. Good exposure for the club and a good test for the team, yep not holding out for a win but should be a good crowd.

Maybe leeds/Cas/wakefield might have brought more but apart from them, most clubs would have brought less.

#46 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:45 PM

This game is important we all get there though. Show the warriors who we are ... No offence to west hull but even I wasn't assed about attending that. We was never going to lose, that's why nobody turned up ardly. This is different , this is Wigan. This is bigger than batley at home. The fans will turn up and as you say bandwagoners.. But some of these band wagoners may come back...if they are impressed and the lads peform. We should defo raise our game

#47 Ossy

Ossy
  • Coach
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:06 PM

London skolars at home for me. I miss the next round as I'm on a stag weekend in benidrom.
Knowing my luck will end up getting leeds or wigan at home.
Il settle for a big team in the fifth round.

No comment !

#48 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:32 PM

Poor jimmy missing biggest match in years ;)

#49 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

Friday night for this tie must be avoided at all costs!!!

get it on friday a night! I like pies and I have a red and white shirt from when we won the cup in 2010 (someone please explain to Jimbobram what a cup is) besides Cas will be parking all the way up to the pit stacks on owl lane on Sunday when they try to beat Batley ;)

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#50 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 799 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:51 PM

Potential massive game and moneyspinner for the club and our fans are already talking it down to anyone who'll listen.

I think it's an ace draw, I hope we sell it out, and I'll be telling as many of my mates as I can.

The reigning Challenge Cup and Super League champions come to Dewsbury. Bring it on!

#51 RALFERS08

RALFERS08
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

17 internationals
Made the challenge cup their own
Pretty invincible

That's the team they were..but not now

Big super league teams have been pegged back thru financial restraints

Their nowhere near as dominant as they were on their last visit in 1998

The interesting question for me is

Who and when they play the next game after us

Can someone find out

If their down for the Thursday night game
can't see wane wanting to play Sunday

Think Wigan might push for Friday night

But the Wigan team back then was bad for the game who wants to see one team have all the best players just because they had more money and dominate the game purely due to finance?
Wigan are still a massive club who currently hold every trophy in the British game worth winning. The media are already taking about the game which is brilliant publicity for the club. The players and majority of fans are buzzing at such a glamour tie, the club is guaranteed to make some much needed good money so surely it's all positive. Why do people always want to look for needless negatives in things? It's a brilliant one off game that should be celebrated and enjoyed by all, these games don't often come along so we should embrace the magic of the cup and the possibility of a upset to put the cherry on top of the cake 😉

#52 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

Same ones as usual tom.. There is a massive buzz on Facebook. People who don't even watch rams are saying they are going to the Wigan match just because it's Wigan from reading my news feed... Playing their home town club.. I know afew fans who ain't been for a few years too who are saying they will be attending. I presume it's an all ticket match??? Let's all do our bit and talk our club up. Not often we play the current superleague age and challenge cup holders on our own patch.. The tickets to this will sell real well. This isn't rams v bulls.. It's rams v Wigan......

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 18 March 2014 - 08:10 PM.

#53 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:12 PM

On twitter also re tweeting they will be attending is afew x rams players.. Richard tillotson and former academy player Jamie graves.. When do you ever see them at games? The whole draw is a massive draw and buzz for the town and the public

#54 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:48 PM

Same ones as usual tom.. There is a massive buzz on Facebook. People who don't even watch rams are saying they are going to the Wigan match just because it's Wigan from reading my news feed... Playing their home town club.. I know afew fans who ain't been for a few years too who are saying they will be attending. I presume it's an all ticket match??? Let's all do our bit and talk our club up. Not often we play the current superleague age and challenge cup holders on our own patch.. The tickets to this will sell real well. This isn't rams v bulls.. It's rams v Wigan......

Lets be honest its the best draw we've had for years and even if they don't bring thousands the exposure we get will be great.  Check out the BSC sport website for instance.  Dewsbury is the first thing you see; http://www.bbc.co.uk...0/rugby-league/

OK Cas might have been better crowd wise and Hemel at home potentially getting us through to the next round, but I'll take Wigan at home over Sheffield away anytime

#55 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

Wooo you do get giddy mate

Nobody is talking down or rubbishing the tie

I'm suited for Mark to finally get a decent payday out of the challenge cup

Its a fantastic yard stick for the team
and under our new media set up
Every option,avenue will be hopefully
Milked to the maximum.

I hope everybody of Dewsbury gets behind this game and it's a great advert to have the Wigan showboat rolling into town

Its better to talk things down a little

Rather than big them up

Think of it like a girl mate ( little experience I know.. But)

If she says " Chris how big is your tinkywinky"

Say 5 inch

Why? You ask

Because anything above is a bonus

But

Because you said you have 10 inch

Theres going to be 2 people disappointed

Your lady, and you for getting nowt after a change of heart

Simple solutions for simple ;)

Lol

Edited by coolie, 18 March 2014 - 08:59 PM.

#56 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

Saturday no good , clashes with grand national .

#57 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

Wooo you do get giddy mate

Nobody is talking down or rubbishing the tie

I'm suited for Mark to finally get a decent payday out of the challenge cup

Its a fantastic yard stick for the team
and under our new media set up
Every option,avenue will be hopefully
Milked to the maximum.

I hope everybody of Dewsbury gets behind this game and it's a great advert to have the Wigan showboat rolling into town

Its better to talk things down a little

Rather than big them up

Think of it like a girl mate ( little experience I know.. But)

If she says " Chris how big is your tinkywinky"

Say 5 inch

Why? You ask

Because anything above is a bonus

But

Because you said you have 10 inch

Theres going to be 2 people disappointed

Your lady, and you for getting nowt after a change of heart

Simple solutions for simple ;)

Lol

Hi Coolie,

Decades of research from boffins that make a living out of statistics and other nonsensical algorithms and graphs has shown that it is better to talk up rather than down.

Look at boxing for example, do you ever hear a boxer going into a ring saying "yeah, I'm going to get knocked clean out after 20 seconds" - no of course not, because people latch onto optimism, they get carried along with the buzz and enjoyment of not just the occasion, but the build up and it lingers on in the aftermath.

For the past few years the town of Dewsbury has been dragged through the mud in the national media, and this is a genuinely positive occasion for the town.

We will be built up as the under dogs, and go into the game as such. And we all know everyone loves an underdog, it is likely that the day we play Wigan most other SL supporters and neutrals across the country will be hoping we manage a win. It could arguably be our largest support in years, and though it may not materialise in supporters at the stadium it will give us an exposure that money simply cannot buy. People will be looking at our ground, our players, our history and they might share our vision. It puts us on the map currently, it might convince those that support the likes of local SL teams to come and visit us when they are playing away.

I know you are a long time supporter Coolie and I know that inside you there is a tinge of excitement about this fixture and though you might fully expect us to lose, I know within you is a flame of belief, that same belief that when we are 2 tries down with just minutes to go you anxiously tell yourself 'there's still time' I have it too. Most supporters do.

So lets talk up this occasion for what it is, for what it brings and for what it may be - It puts our club on the international map, and when one of the worlds most famous clubs walks out onto the field at the Tetleys Stadium we will all be sharing that same belief that we might just win. And who knows - We might :)

Edited by Official Rams Updates, 18 March 2014 - 09:22 PM.

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#58 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

Hi

Yeah of course there is a tingle within
about the fixture... I'm be dead if there wasn't when it comes to my team... My only team... I have no affiliation to anything or anyone fan wise other than my home town team.

You don't choose to follow Dewsbury

Its a birthright ;)

Life's full of disappointments
David moyes might get sacked when he's doing a fabulous job

If the good die young,why is David Cameron still alive ;)

How have Batley done so well on nowt

And why is Piggys Mate not doing more overtime ;)

For the old staggers of the southstand
The emotional rollercoaster as been torrid at Times
After countless rises and falls & more falls the fan creates a buffer bubble where looking on the black side makes the sunny side even brighter when it eventually comes along.

And unfortunately me and other fans
Will take the buffer bubble stance

In anticipation of sunny days ;)

When they finally arrive

Simply telling people the world is not flat ain't enough for some folk

Some you just have to take on tour and show them and prove it

;)

#59 Tom Ward

Tom Ward
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:41 PM

Lets all savour the moment or the next 3 weeks, or more when we win. I feel on a real high (I have not had a drop), I cant wait.

I Just hope that they'll be many that attend who will go on to attend on a more regular basis. I think it is time to put Dewsbury back on the map for all the right reasons.

Just hope the club can make the most of the financial rewards to be had.

#60 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:32 PM

I hope the club are going to put a bottle bar on behind southstand for this match? Don't want to lose out on easy beer sales. They defo would sell... Already me roger the ram and afew other fans are looking in to getting some red amber blank balloons horns and blow up sheep... ( the blow up sheep will be donated to piggys mate after the match ;) )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users