• 48 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

We play Workington town in the challenge cup! Poor draw really

#2 Hunslet2012

Hunslet2012
  • Coach
  • 505 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:02 PM

Home tie, very  winnable . I would not be too disappointed with that draw win that then the big guns in next round

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

Same for both of us really ... Only a good draw if you get through with the chance for a better one .

#4 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 510 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

I'm just glad we're at home again, we already have enough travelling to do this season

Edited by morley-hawk, 18 March 2014 - 04:17 PM.

#5 hunsok3

hunsok3
  • Players
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

A good draw for us,we are at home,and the game is very winnable,possible tasty draw in the next round,agree with morley the miles we are doing this season will be a welcome break,,CMON YOU HUNS,,

#6 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

definatly winnable, anyone remember that film, Get Carter.....

Posted Image

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

The hospital has him .... Infected hand .

#8 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

Stack is a very good forward though and one tough cookie DavidM

Posted Image

#9 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,789 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

Stack is a very good forward though and one tough cookie DavidM

We have another good local lad in the pack, who was at Leeds academy, and gives great performances every game, one to watch for, Liam McAvoy.

Not a good draw for either side but a good one for the winners.   I read somewhere that SL club fans can use their season tickets for this round and next round is all pay.    Not sure how true that is but if it is then it's better for the winners of our tie.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#10 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:05 PM

He played for us last season against Doncaster away Keith, ginger haired lad think he was only about 19, looked a strong kid.

Posted Image

#11 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,789 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:58 PM

That's him.   What a workhorse he has been for us this season already.     

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:03 PM

How's the young lad Grimshaw who caught the eye here then looked like he got a bad injury ? Hope he's back fully right .

#13 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

Any chance of discounted tickets for this match like hemel do.book before day of match.think £12 put a lot off last round.

#14 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

Split gate so both teams have to agree to price I believe
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#15 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:40 PM

£12 to watch oxford was too much. I'd say £7 max. Esp against a team no better than hunslet old boys
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#16 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:09 AM

£12 to watch oxford was too much. I'd say £7 max. Esp against a team no better than hunslet old boys

Agree 100% with that comment Macca , teams like these should'nt even be in the pro game , Cup or League , team like Sharlston win all 5 cups and are not even entered into the challenge cup because their a winter team and they've been going longer than some of the Super League clubs , and i wonder how many fans Oxford brought ....................RFL so corrupt...........

#17 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

Agree 100% with that comment Macca , teams like these should'nt even be in the pro game , Cup or League , team like Sharlston win all 5 cups and are not even entered into the challenge cup because their a winter team and they've been going longer than some of the Super League clubs , and i wonder how many fans Oxford brought ....................RFL so corrupt...........

The annoying thing is rik is the rfl were happy to watch the likes of bramley and blackpool go bust with no help yet they'll bail these clubs out in a couple of years when the project goes belly up. It's become a joke
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#18 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 346 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

There was about 10 from Oxford

#19 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:29 PM

Aren't new clubs allowed to start up?

Any new club that starts up won't straight away have away following especially long distance.

These clubs from the outside seem to have the same level of home support as us & I am sure we have had a fair few hammering in the past.

Time will tell if they will survive living within their means in the semi pro game.
But surely they deserve the chance to at least give it a go.

Skolars are still going & I am sure people questioned their presence.

#20 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

I agree completely regarding the winter teams not being allowed to compete in the challenge cup, especially when fev & skolars had bye's into the next round.
rugby league forbids RL in winter now, yet for a 100 years of playing RL it was acceptable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users