Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Challenge Cup Draw Round 4

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

Huddersfield v St Helens

Dewsbury v Wigan

Wakefield v Leeds

Rochdale v Leigh

Batley v Castleford

Doncaster v Hemel Hempstead

Keighley v Barrow

Featherstone v North Wales

Hull KR v Warrington

Hull FC v Salford

Bradford v Oldham

Hunslet v Workington

Catalans v London Broncos

Halifax v Widnes

Sheffield v London Skolars

Swinton v York

Lions take on the 3rd round Giant Killers

#2 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:57 PM

That'll do for me, we can win that if we approach it with the same attitude as the Gateshead game.  Two teams of differing skill levels I know but if we apply ourselves in the same way we should come away with a W.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#3 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

gutted I had my passport ready for Catalans away ;)

#4 lancaster Lion

lancaster Lion
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

Can we drop the admission prices for the York cup game so that we can attract a larger crowd?

#5 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,017 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

Great draw
Very winnable

#6 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 382 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:44 PM

I agree a good draw a match which we should win........York usually bring a good crowd so should be a good atmosphere as well...........

#7 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

With 5 all-SL ties, it's a great chance for a couple of Championship clubs to make the Quarters. Obviously no disrespect to a York team that's just beaten Haven, but that's a great draw for us.

#8 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

Hope you guys are ready to be surprised . Playing better rugby now than any game last year . Hope it will be a great game .

#9 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:30 PM

With 5 all-SL ties, it's a great chance for a couple of Championship clubs to make the Quarters. Obviously no disrespect to a York team that's just beaten Haven, but that's a great draw for us.

Or we could make the quarter finals from Championship 1 (NL2) like in 2004 :) Obviously a long way to go yet though!

It's time to park the camels.

SQL 2014 League Leader

#10 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:30 PM

Great draw
Very winnable

That s what we all said at York, Mark ! ;)

#11 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,017 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:39 PM

That s what we all said at York, Mark ! ;)

Well it looks winnable from both sides
Great fixture for both clubs

#12 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:09 PM

When will this be played

Wayne

#13 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 604 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

I noticed on North West Tonight on BBC1 our tie was completely overlooked, but right at the end of the programme they apologised & gave us a mention. You didn't ring up and give em a bollocking did you Keith? If so well done!

#14 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:35 PM

Or we could make the quarter finals from Championship 1 (NL2) like in 2004 :) Obviously a long way to go yet though!

following in the footsteps of the 2003 Lions team. As I've said, a really good opportunity for championship and championship one clubs to make the quarters.

#15 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:56 PM

No I believe it was Barnie, Steve .

#16 benbones

benbones
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:23 PM

It was me actually. I was infuriated and+ got on the bbc complaints line straightaway.

They were very apologetic and said they would look into it and contact me by e-mail.

Less than 5 minutes later my wife called me in the kitchen to say the announcer had made a grovelling apology and gave out our fixture.

Should anyone else need this number in future, it is ( BBC Television+ Radio Programme Queries+ Comments) 03700 100222

#17 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:30 PM

There will be very little in the two teams. they are so close the team that wants it the most will win

#18 Ralph Swintonrlfc

Ralph Swintonrlfc
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:44 PM

Great win against the Thunder and York at home very winnable if same level of application shown. Now hoping that this much needed win with the confidence gained from it gives us the lift we need to get the points against Barrow on Sunday. See you all at Sedgely. P.S. bring a large coat as its always bloody freezing there.  COME ON YOU LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

#19 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

Very interesting draw. With a bit of luck I could see a non-SL team making the semis, a trip to Leigh or Featherstone could see some of this year's lower SL teams beaten.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#20 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:08 AM

Can we drop the admission prices for the York cup game so that we can attract a larger crowd?

Seems like an idea worth looking at. Maybe £12 adults, £8 cons well advertised and publicised