TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Challenge Cup round 4 draw

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:07 PM

Featherstone Rovers v North Wales Crusaders - to be player on either 5th or 6th April.

#2 rossco123

rossco123
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:03 AM

Let's hope we have a full squad to pick from and give them a game,lowfield if your reading this I hope your on holiday that weekend

#3 TommyCru

TommyCru
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:52 PM

Let's hope we have a full squad to pick from and give them a game,lowfield if your reading this I hope your on holiday that weekend

I agree rossco123. We didnt play to our potential against them a few weeks ago so with a few players back we could make the game a bit more interesting. I also agree with you on lowlife.... I mean lowefield, although im not sure if he would be made welcome at their home games after his own fans turned on him after some of his ridiculous comments.

#4 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

According to the Featherstone boards the game will be on Sunday 6th April with a 14:00 kick off.

#5 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

I wonder if the Fev fans will behave themselves better at home? After all you don't s**t in your own back yard.

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#6 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:58 AM

Are you going to Post Office road to find out PooingDog?

#7 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:38 PM

I hope you bring a few up this week should be a good game of rugby

Will there be a supporters coach or will it be fans travelling in cars

#8 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:07 AM

I believe the supporters club bus is close to full. They pick me up near Swinton. I expect we will have a few in cars as well. We usually have a good following at away games - over 100 anyway, but the news that we will not be at full strength might put some off.

#9 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

Thought I read in Rugby paper that your injured players would be fit for Fev; Any case I hope they do come through and we see a thrilling cup-tie;

#10 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

They might be fit Phil but Clive is talking about giving some of the "fringe" players a game. Looks like staying in the division is far more important than the Challenge cup. I can understand that but it is disappointing to me as I love the Challenge cup. You never know though, the players that come in will be wanting to hold onto the shirts. There will be no lack of effort. I am looking forward to visiting Fev again. It was the second RL ground I ever visited, in 1973 Challenge cup .v. Salford. I've seen Salford there many times, and a couple of times with Celtic Crusaders (Remember Jamie Benn's last minute drop goal winner) but last time I was there Swinton won a play off fixture. I was timekeeper there once as  well when Eccles played you in the Challenge cup. Me and all from Eccles were treated brilliantly that day.

#11 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

You'll see a bit of a difference Celtic Rooster with the new stands going up; The volunteers are doing a great job and we are all proud of them; Seeing Swinton win there was your lucky day I believe that is their only victory there since 1963; Swinton had a great side in the early sixties and Fev used to take some heavy beatings on their ground; Clive might be using a bit of kidology to get Fev off guard; Anyhow hope you enjoy your visit but not result wise;

#12 Tricky14

Tricky14
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

We can't afford anymore injures playing in a comp you are not going to win . With 5 going  down the league is the most important we could spend years trying to get out of champ 1 if we were to drop . The higher up the table the better as there is no guarantee of the the RFL not relagating 6 if another French team comes to the table with French TV money . Play the fringe players keep everyone else for Donny away the week after as 3 points there is a hell of  a lot more important than a comp u have no realistic chance of getting through the next round  never mind winning 

#13 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

We can't afford anymore injures playing in a comp you are not going to win . With 5 going  down the league is the most important we could spend years trying to get out of champ 1 if we were to drop . The higher up the table the better as there is no guarantee of the the RFL not relagating 6 if another French team comes to the table with French TV money . Play the fringe players keep everyone else for Donny away the week after as 3 points there is a hell of  a lot more important than a comp u have no realistic chance of getting through the next round  never mind winning 

I can see your reasoning but I think we can win this round and perhaps draw a Super League team in the next round and attract more supporters and potentially earn some income (no offence to Featherstone Rovers intended). I hope we go with the intention to win and win well.

#14 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:55 PM

I'm sure you'll come to Fev to win; No players go out to lose; Fev realistically have no chance of getting to Wembley..but hey tell that to Castleford and Wigan in 2012 when they visited Post Office Road;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users