Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Challenge Cup round 4 draw

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 612 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:07 PM

Featherstone Rovers v North Wales Crusaders - to be player on either 5th or 6th April.

#2 rossco123

rossco123
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:03 AM

Let's hope we have a full squad to pick from and give them a game,lowfield if your reading this I hope your on holiday that weekend

#3 TommyCru

TommyCru
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:52 PM

Let's hope we have a full squad to pick from and give them a game,lowfield if your reading this I hope your on holiday that weekend

I agree rossco123. We didnt play to our potential against them a few weeks ago so with a few players back we could make the game a bit more interesting. I also agree with you on lowlife.... I mean lowefield, although im not sure if he would be made welcome at their home games after his own fans turned on him after some of his ridiculous comments.

#4 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

According to the Featherstone boards the game will be on Sunday 6th April with a 14:00 kick off.

#5 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 976 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

I wonder if the Fev fans will behave themselves better at home? After all you don't s**t in your own back yard.

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#6 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:58 AM

Are you going to Post Office road to find out PooingDog?

#7 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:38 PM

I hope you bring a few up this week should be a good game of rugby

Will there be a supporters coach or will it be fans travelling in cars

#8 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:07 AM

I believe the supporters club bus is close to full. They pick me up near Swinton. I expect we will have a few in cars as well. We usually have a good following at away games - over 100 anyway, but the news that we will not be at full strength might put some off.

#9 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

Thought I read in Rugby paper that your injured players would be fit for Fev; Any case I hope they do come through and we see a thrilling cup-tie;

#10 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

They might be fit Phil but Clive is talking about giving some of the "fringe" players a game. Looks like staying in the division is far more important than the Challenge cup. I can understand that but it is disappointing to me as I love the Challenge cup. You never know though, the players that come in will be wanting to hold onto the shirts. There will be no lack of effort. I am looking forward to visiting Fev again. It was the second RL ground I ever visited, in 1973 Challenge cup .v. Salford. I've seen Salford there many times, and a couple of times with Celtic Crusaders (Remember Jamie Benn's last minute drop goal winner) but last time I was there Swinton won a play off fixture. I was timekeeper there once as  well when Eccles played you in the Challenge cup. Me and all from Eccles were treated brilliantly that day.

#11 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

You'll see a bit of a difference Celtic Rooster with the new stands going up; The volunteers are doing a great job and we are all proud of them; Seeing Swinton win there was your lucky day I believe that is their only victory there since 1963; Swinton had a great side in the early sixties and Fev used to take some heavy beatings on their ground; Clive might be using a bit of kidology to get Fev off guard; Anyhow hope you enjoy your visit but not result wise;

#12 Tricky14

Tricky14
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

We can't afford anymore injures playing in a comp you are not going to win . With 5 going  down the league is the most important we could spend years trying to get out of champ 1 if we were to drop . The higher up the table the better as there is no guarantee of the the RFL not relagating 6 if another French team comes to the table with French TV money . Play the fringe players keep everyone else for Donny away the week after as 3 points there is a hell of  a lot more important than a comp u have no realistic chance of getting through the next round  never mind winning 

#13 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 612 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

We can't afford anymore injures playing in a comp you are not going to win . With 5 going  down the league is the most important we could spend years trying to get out of champ 1 if we were to drop . The higher up the table the better as there is no guarantee of the the RFL not relagating 6 if another French team comes to the table with French TV money . Play the fringe players keep everyone else for Donny away the week after as 3 points there is a hell of  a lot more important than a comp u have no realistic chance of getting through the next round  never mind winning 

I can see your reasoning but I think we can win this round and perhaps draw a Super League team in the next round and attract more supporters and potentially earn some income (no offence to Featherstone Rovers intended). I hope we go with the intention to win and win well.

#14 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:55 PM

I'm sure you'll come to Fev to win; No players go out to lose; Fev realistically have no chance of getting to Wembley..but hey tell that to Castleford and Wigan in 2012 when they visited Post Office Road;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users