• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,066 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

Guardian article on L'Wren Scott's death: "It's as if Leveson never happened"

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#2 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,290 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:47 PM

They really are a bunch of lowlifes.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#3 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

It's really sad that free speech means that we have to put up with the #### that is much of the tabloid press. 

#4 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,617 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:04 PM

relying on what The Guardian wrote or making up your own minds? And the Guardian has not capitalised on the publicity, has it?

From the Guardian  right-hand side-bar: 

Music

Fashion

Disclosure: I don't read The Mail, The Express, The Sun, The Mirror. I do check The Mail on line, The Guardian on line and the Independent on line for signs of hypocrisy, jealousy and faux intellectualism

Edited by JohnM, 18 March 2014 - 11:13 PM.

#5 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,066 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:30 PM

I agree with you, the Guardian have not exactly been silent on it and probably the only reason this journalist got to publish it in the Comment Is Free section was to be nice to the Guardian.

I think the coverage has been disgraceful, there was one picture I saw right at the top of the Mail's headline page and almost unavoidable that the caption said was the moment Jagger was told she was dead.  It was Jagger looking absolutely distraught in the back seat of a car.  I genuinely cannot see any "fair use" rights of this, it's surely one of the most private moments a person deserves.  I cannot imagine anyone who would ever think it was fair game for publication.  A vile expression of the minds of the filth working in this publication.

I've not looked at the other tabloid websites in a while so don't know how their coverage was beyond that original article.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users