Wine gum ?

#3 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:56 PM

Wine gum ?

Might have a soft centre...

Think we might have a more experienced side out this week, none of the young lads deserve to be left out, but its a long season & we need to keep everyone fit & on their toes

#4 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,882 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

I'm guessing he'll be quality

#5 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

There'll be a celebration when we make it 3 wins in a row..

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#6 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

Although if we lose I'm gonna be left with crème egg on my face..

2014 SQL League Leader

#7 trig

trig
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:30 PM

Although if we lose I'm gonna be left with crème egg on my face..

That's torn it now,Our mate from whitehaven will be waiting with baited breath. Lol

#8 KISS

KISS
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:15 PM

I think I will be playing "Sweets for my Sweet" this week.

could also play Teenage Rampage if the young lads play as well as last week.

#9 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

What about 'Billy, Dont be an Aero' ?

#10 White Knight

White Knight
  • Coach
  • 914 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:09 PM

Nice one Andy!

How about:

'My boy lollipop' by Millie Small
'Chocolate girl' by Deacon Blue
'Bubble Gum' by Fabolous

Fair bit of interest in the town after the good start. I know one or two who are going who have not been for a while. Dare I mention it but is it far too early to think about going the league season unbeaten? Probably jinxed us now!
It's good to win at home, but it's better to win away!

#11 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:31 PM

Nice one Andy!

How about:

'My boy lollipop' by Millie Small
'Chocolate girl' by Deacon Blue
'Bubble Gum' by Fabolous

Fair bit of interest in the town after the good start. I know one or two who are going who have not been for a while. Dare I mention it but is it far too early to think about going the league season unbeaten? Probably jinxed us now!

I can't believe you just said that, NEVER SAY THINGS LIKE THAT!

2014 SQL League Leader

#12 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

I've managed to persuade a couple more to come as well. Seems to be dead easy to get a mate or two to come when we're winning.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#13 White Knight

White Knight
  • Coach
  • 914 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:03 AM

Really looking forward to the match today. A real opportunity to kick on from last week's performance and show this league that the Knights mean business.
It's good to win at home, but it's better to win away!

#14 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 703 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

There'll be a celebration when we make it 3 wins in a row..

That's the comment that will come and haunt you :)

#15 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

That's the comment that will come and haunt you :)

Nope :)

2014 SQL League Leader

#16 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

I think I'd describe todays performance as professional. At 40-0 at half time we could easily let the foot off the gas and let them score a few tries, but we kept going which is great to see even if it wasn't the most exciting match ever.
Hard not to feel a little sorry for the Scorpions, they were out on their feet before half time and their heads seemed to drop.
Got to credit the goal line defence again, absolutely brilliant.

2014 SQL League Leader

#17 Happy Punter

Happy Punter
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

I agree that it was good to see the team continue to play to their structures and not become individuals once the victory was assured. The backing up was excellent , off loads were plentiful and confidence must be sky high in the camp just now. Just hope we haven't peaked too soon , but then who says we have peaked yet.

It was nice to see the "old guard" out on the pitch to guide their younger colleagues. Very happy to see Harry Carter get a try , he can scoot along very smarty when the chance arises. All the young lads seem to have a turn of pace. Jack Aldous had a cracking game ( as always!) so his try was well deserved too.  

Will be some difficult choices for the coach to make before the next match. Isn't it great to have a fit bunch of players for once , and all on our books officially.

Well done to everyone at the cub for a sensational start to the season.

Thought the players got a great round of applause from the crowd today at the end of the match.  And the opponents were given a fine round of appreciation too , which was the least they deserved as it cannot have been their happiest experience but they stuck at it and didn't resort to any obvilous underhand tactics. 

#18 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

Very impressed again, agree with Press MOM with Haynsey, thought Ed Smith had a really good game despite a couple of handling errors, main thing at half time was keeping them to 0 & we did it, credit to the Scopions lads for keeping going.

Great to see a lot of ex-players in the bar, really good atmosphere in there nowadays, more people very welcome

#19 knightrider

knightrider
  • Coach
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

Think yesterdays performance could be described as ruthless.Could easily have taken the foot of the gas 2nd half.We kept the scoreboard ticking over and scored some cracking trys.Great to see Elvis once again to the fore and James Haynes looking like he is enjoying life at the Knights.Obviously far more sterner tests to come.Can only beat what is in front of you.Its feet on the ground time Keep these performances coming.Really looking forward to the Swinton game.Got a feeling its going to be a cracker

Posted Image

#20 Clarence St

Clarence St
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

I agree that it was good to see the team continue to play to their structures and not become individuals once the victory was assured. The backing up was excellent , off loads were plentiful and confidence must be sky high in the camp just now. Just hope we haven't peaked too soon , but then who says we have peaked yet.

It was nice to see the "old guard" out on the pitch to guide their younger colleagues. Very happy to see Harry Carter get a try , he can scoot along very smarty when the chance arises. All the young lads seem to have a turn of pace. Jack Aldous had a cracking game ( as always!) so his try was well deserved too.  

Will be some difficult choices for the coach to make before the next match. Isn't it great to have a fit bunch of players for once , and all on our books officially.

Well done to everyone at the cub for a sensational start to the season.

Thought the players got a great round of applause from the crowd today at the end of the match.  And the opponents were given a fine round of appreciation too , which was the least they deserved as it cannot have been their happiest experience but they stuck at it and didn't resort to any obvilous underhand tactics. 

A very good post H.P. I agree with every word you've said in there. I would just like to add that it's a refreshing change to feel like we could stand an injury or two without really weakening the team, no matter who it may be. Not that we want any of course, heaven forbid, and I don't want to tempt fate, but I think you know what I mean. Let's face it, it's pretty impossible to go through a season without at least a few, as we know already!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users