Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rams v Wigan, Tetleys Stadium - 4th April, 8pm KO

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#41 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:48 AM

Still waiting ORU, cat got your tongue?

Hi Rick,

I am not sure entirely what you mean? The club have released a statement regarding the game. They have offered discounts for ST holders including free entry for junior ST holders.

We have released information on the game within just a few days of it being announced whereas many clubs release the information about a week or so before the game. We have provided tickets at excellent value and have not increased their cost as some clubs might.

Regarding the questions behind the decision to hold it Friday evening - Few clubs offer the transparency we do, for example the recent statement regarding Tom Lillycrop - No smoke screens, genuine reasons. Unfortunately the flip side to such transparency is that certain supporters come to expect everything detailing when this is not always possible. Not at our club, not at any club, not in business full stop. But I still maintain that at the Rams we provide far more information (and credible information) than most other clubs.

If there was more information to release - You know it would be released.

All the best

Edited by Official Rams Updates, 20 March 2014 - 08:50 AM.

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#42 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 851 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

ORU thanks for the updates , your profile is abit of a lightning rod for the club at the minute. Good to see a discount for ST holders £11 to watch this game is bargain , would have been easy to add a couple of quid to the ticket prices. Lets hope we sell out the ground.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#43 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:13 PM

Tickets are available from Wednesday next week. Just rang the club. Statement will be out shortly. Welldone to club for the discounts

#44 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:22 PM

I will indeed. Dont mind the friday myself, but can understand the frustration of others.

#45 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

I will indeed. Dont mind the friday myself, but can understand the frustration of others.

so do I, but some fans on here winge at everything and anything half the time mate. Can't wait for Wigan match mate ! :) with the season ticket discount it's an absolute bargain :)

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 20 March 2014 - 07:30 PM.

#46 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

so do I, but some fans on here winge at everything and anything half the time mate. Can't wait for Wigan match mate ! :) with the season ticket discount it's an absolute bargain :)

You may consider that some of us on here whinge or are negative, but this has to be expected when the club chooses other aspects of its organisation to the detriment if we rugby supporters. The club then allows Wigan to point out that that club plays on Friday nights, so we have to bow to them. It may not be the case, but it comes across that way.
The Friday fixture will definitely reduce the attendance, whether or not supporters can or cannot make arrangements to change their schedule for that day. I also feel that had the fixture been played on the Sunday the club would have taken more income through its catering and bar facilities and here I do not mean just the burger van.

Then we have the Tom Lillycrop situation. Glenn Morrison let slip on BBC Radio Leeds that he had had to release one of his players, but we had to wait for about a week to find out from the club officially.

Call it whingeing or negative posting if you like, DTID, but some of us feel strongly that the club has let us down and not for the first time.

Edited by Crown Flatter, 20 March 2014 - 08:48 PM.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#47 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:52 PM

I do understand why people are frustrated. I never said I didn't but it won't stop me from attending the match. If the club did play Sunday at 2 which the rfl requested all clubs to by the latest, then the Carboot will all be needed to have gone by 12 as the Wigan team and fans will start to arrive anytime past 12 .30 when the gates open so from
That point of view I can see why The club chose this. Remember when we played bulls in cup, the southstand was full an hour before kickoff.. That's what would happen playing Wigan as superleague fans turn up early.... It would make it real ectic getting rid of the Carboot and fans arriving of Wigan at around the same time.. Saturdays grand national day. I think the clubs gesture of making it cheaper to season ticket holders shows it's loyalty towards its fans mate. 11 quid to stand and watch our team against the super league and challenge cup champs is a bargain if you ask me! How many other clubs would do a deal like that without trying to rip its fans for every many? 16 quid in at Sheffield this weekend. It's 18 quid in this year at fev.... Will you be attending crown flatter? I hope so. You obviously don't want to miss the match

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 20 March 2014 - 09:08 PM.

#48 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 403 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

I'm buzzing it's on Friday I'm not compiling :)

#49 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

So what is the ''official'' reason we are playing on Friday night as opposed to Sunday afternoon?

#50 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

Guest from down under as said mate

#51 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:01 PM

Guest from down under as said mate

Ah yes! Seen it now. Its hard for us oldies to keep track of all these posts LOL. Thanks.

#52 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

...16 quid in at Sheffield this weekend. It's 18 quid in this year at fev.... Will you be attending crown flatter? I hope so. You obviously don't want to miss the match

Coolie indicated that the car boot lot could be shifted by 12 noon and other stewards could manage for supporters arriving after that time. I think you will find that, generally, rugby league supporters tend to arrive at venues fairly late so that would not affect things.
It's also somewhat odd that it is considered that some hoss race ont' telly would affect our gate if we played on the Saturday, but the club seems unwilling to alter our Swinton home fixture when there is a world-wide sporting event on our doorstep.

I think the club should sit up and take note of the factors here. Perhaps DTID, as unofficial spokesman, you can use your influence to encourage the club to take heed of supporters' frustrations and state categorically the reasons.

I will not be at Sheffield on Sunday as I have a previously arranged engagement.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#53 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:39 PM

The level of whinging on here is hard to understand. We have a great draw against a top club, far better the last few years and all people can do is complain.

Baffling, but then all some on here do is complain all the time about everything.

#54 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,427 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:06 PM

Come on folks,what are you really complaining about?

Just imagine how bad things could really be - you could be a Batley fan!

<shudder>
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#55 Ossy

Ossy
  • Coach
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:24 AM

I will not be at Sheffield on Sunday as I have a previously arranged engagement.

Ay yes, I remember her  ;)

#56 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

Coolie indicated that the car boot lot could be shifted by 12 noon and other stewards could manage for supporters arriving after that time. I think you will find that, generally, rugby league supporters tend to arrive at venues fairly late so that would not affect things.
It's also somewhat odd that it is considered that some hoss race ont' telly would affect our gate if we played on the Saturday, but the club seems unwilling to alter our Swinton home fixture when there is a world-wide sporting event on our doorstep.

I think the club should sit up and take note of the factors here. Perhaps DTID, as unofficial spokesman, you can use your influence to encourage the club to take heed of supporters' frustrations and state categorically the reasons.

I meant will you be attending the Wigan match as it's only 11 quid in with your season ticket to watch us against the champs? ... Compare that to 16 quid in at sheff and 18 in at fev and you say the club doesn't care about its supporters?? We don't rob our supporters. Fev fans never complained when they played Wigan on a Friday night other year , they just enjoyed the occasion for what it was , which surely that's what we as supporters should be doing? When was last time we played the superleague champs and challenge cup champs at home? When was last time we played Wigan the biggest club in england at home? Years ago... We don't know next mine wel meet them in a game like this so why not enjoy it?

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 21 March 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#57 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:58 AM

Crown Flatter - seems like a lot of people also 'changed their schedules' last Sunday for the Cup Game!

Also, the Swinton home game on Sunday 6th July has been discussed with reference to some Bike Race 

but we just need Coolie to let the 'clowns' know which of any alternative proposals on day and time he prefers.

Just as a note Coolie, are these the same 'clowns' who give up a good deal of spare time and cash to keep the

club moving forward?

#58 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 951 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

This year I'm not a season ticket holder but I have yet to miss a rams game home or away. Personally I think Sunday would be better but we've got what we've got! Let's move with it and get behind the lads in what is the biggest game in years at the Tetleys stadium.

I will be there for the Wigan game IMO £13.00 is still excellent value to see my team take on the current cup holders, SL Champs and probably one of the most famous northern hemisphere LR teams in living memory. 

Theres a chance their team will have many notable faces in it. The pie eaters only have Catalan before us and London the week after (both at home) can't see them needing to rest players for the following weeks game

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#59 PockRam

PockRam
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

Crown Flatter - seems like a lot of people also 'changed their schedules' last Sunday for the Cup Game!

Also, the Swinton home game on Sunday 6th July has been discussed with reference to some Bike Race 

but we just need Coolie to let the 'clowns' know which of any alternative proposals on day and time he prefers.

Just as a note Coolie, are these the same 'clowns' who give up a good deal of spare time and cash to keep the

club moving forward?

I've sat back and read the mumblings and grumblings etc that have been posted on here (again). The best post I've seen is Wilsden Rams's which I've quoted above.

The response to this has been incredible. Only our supporters could whinge at drawing the current cup holders and RL big boys Wigan at home, the plum tie in the round. This topic is like deja vu from last season when we had endless complaints about 'bloody Sheffield again'. Lets be realistic here, the complaints have nothing to do with the running of the club, its simply because some fans now can't make it that Friday due to either other commitments, work, childcare issues etc. They feel they should vent their anger at the poor sods who give up their spare time free of charge to support this club.

Reading between the lines I can't believe that some people would perhaps have preferred us to draw the North Wales Crusaiders (no disrespect to the Scorpions) at home in the fouth round as the match would have been played on a Sunday in front of 600 ppl.

Saturday was a no go as its the Grand National, Wigan v Leeds United, Huddersfield Town at home etc and then Sunday, Batley v Cass, Wakefield v Leeds, Bradford at home, Giants at home etc. Any members of the 'rugby family' who need their Friday night fix with no SL games might just decide to come along to the game now.

There will be a big crowd, the food stalls and the bars will be well used, the club shop will get trade, programmes will be purchased and the club will still be here the weekend after on't be a worse place because a few regulars aren't able to attend.

I don't read many complaints about the Batley game on the Friday night only two weeks later. Perhaps thats because its a bank holiday and people have time to plan or aren't at work!!!!

For the record, I cannot make the match due to a prior engagement and Sunday would have suited me better. I will be buying an adult and a child ticket to give to friends who aren't rugby fans in hope we can us ethis high profile fixture to attract them to other league fixtures. Will I miss our big day, of course, but I won't be ranting and raving over this (except this email) though as I support the club in the decisions it makes.

#60 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

Well said PockRam.

I believe that the work issue is not really an excuse, as most Employers would accept a Holiday request

2 1/2 weeks before the game.

As I have found over the years when trying to arrange events on any evening, the real reason for males 

having 'other commitments' is the result of a huge thumbprint on the top of their heads! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users