Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Adam Lawton

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Ratboy

Ratboy
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:05 AM

I believe this lad will be playing for you this weekend.A great lad with lots of potential. How is young Tom Gilmore playing?

#2 Ratboy

Ratboy
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:42 PM

Which forum do your fans use?

#3 rossco123

rossco123
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:20 PM

Crusaders til I die is quite popular

#4 MR51CUK

MR51CUK
  • Players
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

Tom's done very well, as has Dec Hulme.

#5 Ratboy

Ratboy
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:21 AM

Glad they are doing well for your team. Hope Adam does well too and I will be looking out for your results. Very quiet on the rugby forums.

Edited by Ratboy, 23 March 2014 - 12:22 AM.

#6 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:17 PM

Adam had a cracking game today, and somehow we didn't even end with a bonus point!!!

Absolutely gutted, fans and players I'm sure!!!

Regards 7

#7 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 714 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

I believe this lad will be playing for you this weekend.A great lad with lots of potential. How is young Tom Gilmore playing?

MotM today..He's a big lad and quick with it. Looking forward to seeing him play again. Didn't Gilmore get your drop goal today?

#8 Ratboy

Ratboy
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

I believe Tom Gilmore played well today at Hull, with a drop goal too. Mellor is a big miss for Widnes and if Gilmore does well then it will soften the blow. Luckily we have a few decent halfbacks and with Craven out for a few weeks gives Tom a chance. If Craven can't get in then he would do a good job for the Crusaders. Lawton is a top talent and with our squad strength, you will get a few of our players if required. Sorry you missed out on the bonus point, but encouraging signs as Leigh are a top Championship side.

Edited by Ratboy, 24 March 2014 - 11:19 AM.

#9 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 714 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

I believe Tom Gilmore played well today at Hull, with a drop goal too. Mellor is a big miss for Widnes and if Gilmore does well then it will soften the blow. Luckily we have a few decent halfbacks and with Craven out for a few weeks gives Tom a chance. If Craven can't get in then he would do a good job for the Crusaders. Lawton is a top talent and with our squad strength, you will get a few of our players if required. Sorry you missed out on the bonus point, but encouraging signs as Leigh are a top Championship side.

Cracking game at the LSV and we were pretty much point to point with them for 70 minutes.  They scored an interception try (offside?) and that was the game-changer. The drop goal at the end really was a sickener - and we came away with nothing to show for the best team performance so far.

#10 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 672 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:31 PM

Cracking game at the LSV and we were pretty much point to point with them for 70 minutes.  They scored an interception try (offside?) and that was the game-changer. The drop goal at the end really was a sickener - and we came away with nothing to show for the best team performance so far.

Just watched the highlights package on LCTV and it was n`t offside. Good performance from you guys though and you`ll win more than you lose on that effort.

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#11 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 714 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

Just watched the highlights package on LCTV and it was n`t offside. Good performance from you guys though and you`ll win more than you lose on that effort.

Bartholemew, obviously from a Cru supporters perspective I'm going to question decisions, and will stand corrected if wrong. As you've watched it back did you thing either of the first tow Leigh tries resulted from forward passes and was Ridyards drop goal executed properly - did the ball touch the floor before the kick.  They were my gripes after the game and would appreciate your opinion.

We appreciated the warm reception from the Leigh supporters and were well looked after by the match stewards who were good sports.

#12 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:00 PM

Neither looked forward to me and I have seen the highlights on Centurions TV.

It seems a few of our players were suffering from flu and one went off with broken ribs and another with tonsilitis according to Paul Rowleys post match review.

Having said that Cru looked very good. 

#13 ian c

ian c
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:11 AM

Not seen the game played back on TV so don't know the answer to the question, but I would like to congratulate you on the great support you brought and you where a credit to your club, also looks like you have a good side as well. Good luck for the rest of the season.

#14 Ratboy

Ratboy
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:06 PM

Good to see the Leythers from Rl fans contributing. Widnes near full strength,and I would take Grant Gore too. Gore,Lawton, Gilmore and Dec Hulme will do a great job for the Crusaders. With Mellor out for a few months, I see Gilmore staying at Widnes for now. Possibly Craven could come in the Crusaders direction.