Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bradford Bulls - Under New Ownership (Merged threads)

Super League Bradford Bulls

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#1 Martyn Sadler

Martyn Sadler

League Publications Ltd

• 2,857 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

http://www.totalrl.c...eturn-chairman/

#2 PhilCarrington

PhilCarrington
  • Coach
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:00 PM

If the story from Gutterfax about Broncos is true, maybe as an ex-London player as well, he'd be a good replacement there.

#3 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:01 PM

The Telegraph and Argus reckons that the consortium headed by Richard Lamb has had its bid to take over the Bulls accepted by the administrator.

http://www.thetelegr...tion/?ref=var_0

Does the T&A ever get it wrong?

#4 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,432 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:11 PM

There can't be any short-term money to be made, so the Lamb group must have its heart in the right place.

Even if its primary motive for saving the Bulls is to use the purchase as a device to offset group-members' tax liabilities, our team survives to fight another day.

Edited by Wolford6, 21 March 2014 - 02:16 PM.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#5 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,220 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

hasn't he said that he'll only go ahead with his purchase if the current debts are manageble?.. Sure i read a quote along those lines.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#6 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,102 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

If this guy is a proper Londoner, wouldn't he be better off buying the Parramatta (jellied) Eels?

#7 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:42 AM

The farmyard jokes should be fun anyway.

#8 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:06 AM

Like Lambs to the slaugher, you mean? Can't imagine it, to be honest.......

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#9 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:13 AM

Apparently, Abi is chief exec of a company which is now part of the Richard Lamb consortium. No doubt we'll find out when the RFL wake from their stupour and make some decisions.

#10 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:30 AM

At the risk of having a conversation with myself, after all this time, I'm beginning to wonder if the RFL are having a problem with the administrator's first choice bid. If there is no agreement with the Lamb group, then I wonder who is next in line? Come in Mrs. Koucash? Unlikely, as we couldn't be so lucky.

#11 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,102 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:33 AM

Yeah if they have knocked back Mandy Koukash, why not just bloody tell us who IS the successful bidder? Or is that just too straightforward?

#12 Martyn Sadler

Martyn Sadler

League Publications Ltd

• 2,857 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

Yeah if they have knocked back Mandy Koukash, why not just bloody tell us who IS the successful bidder? Or is that just too straightforward?

It's all at an interesting stage, but I'm afraid you'll have to wait for League Express to read more about it.

#13 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

The phrase "waiting for further proof of funds" that was bandied about yesterday really inspired confidence.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#14 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,263 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:12 AM

The phrase "waiting for further proof of funds" that was bandied about yesterday really inspired confidence.

Just seen via tweets that so far they've not been able to prove they have enough money to run the club this year nor have £1m behind them as contingency?

Is that broadly right?

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#15 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:48 AM

Just seen via tweets that so far they've not been able to prove they have enough money to run the club this year nor have £1m behind them as contingency?

Is that broadly right?

As far as I can tell – yes. Can’t remember where I’d read it originally, but League Express this morning confirms as much that the RFL want proof that they not only have the money to keep the Bulls going until the end of the year but ongoing for the future. It could go back to the other bidders if they fail to provide that proof anytime soon. What I don’t think was in the LE was – and this may just be a rumour from the other spot – that Lamb didn’t turn up to a couple of scheduled meetings with the administrator last week which has delayed things further.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

#16 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

As the RFL were the basic cause of our financial woes [by 'fining. the club its Sky money] I have no confidence in their bone fides. I'm sure they can keep it hanging on until there is no possiiblity of avoiding relegation.

#17 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:01 AM

Unless I’ve missed something – it’s possible, there is a lot flying about - not sure how you can blame the RFL if Lamb doesn’t show up for meetings or doesn’t have any proof of money. It’s the administrator who chooses the preferred bidder and this may well be the second time they have chosen incorrectly (although they have no real obligation to the long term interest of the club). The RFL has handled a lot of this terribly, but they are by no means alone in that. To be honest, if the business plan isn’t right, I’d rather the RFL took a bit of time, because it really is last chance saloon. If someone comes in and it collapses yet again, the club is pretty much dead.

SQL Honours

#18 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,423 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

As the RFL were the basic cause of our financial woes [by 'fining. the club its Sky money] I have no confidence in their bone fides. I'm sure they can keep it hanging on until there is no possiiblity of avoiding relegation.

The owners of the Bulls are the cause of your clubs woes,having to sell the ground to repay loans.The RFL are doing the right thing by ensuring whoever buys the Bulls has the financial wherewithal to keep the club going beyond the coming weeks.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#19 a j cougar

a j cougar
  • Coach
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:03 PM

As the RFL were the basic cause of our financial woes [by 'fining. the club its Sky money].

Seriously?

#20 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,921 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

Hang on... Why were Bradford fined? Would that not have been the "basic cause"?

Always someone else's fault!
Posted Image