Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bradford Bulls - Under New Ownership (Merged threads)

Super League Bradford Bulls

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#61 Rob

Rob
  • Coach
  • 483 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:26 PM

Sky Sports News are reporting that an agreement to buy the club has been reached. The winning bidder is being reported as Marc Green, the club's major creditor who put them into admin in the first place !

Is this a worrying development?  Perhaps Marc Green's bid for the club was simply a bid to ensure that he can sell the remaining assets (players) to get his money back, and not actually because he wants the club?

#62 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:27 PM

Words fail me.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#63 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,694 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:29 PM

Is this a worrying development?  Perhaps Marc Green's bid for the club was simply a bid to ensure that he can sell the remaining assets (players) to get his money back, and not actually because he wants the club?

I'll wait to see what he says if this is true, but my initial reaction is that "a worrying development" is an understatement. :(
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#64 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,935 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:23 AM

If the sale of the business assets doesn't raise enough to pay his fees and the creditors then the administrator has to come to an agreement with the creditors over how much he will actually be paid. Could be all his fees, could be 50%, could be 25%, depends on the circumstances.

In so far as jockeying for position is concerned, I think its important to understand that they are not bidding for a going concern business (OK Bulls Ltd) but for the assets owned by that business. You would realistically only get it for £1 if you were buying the business and taking on all the inherent liabilities of that business. Nobody is prepared to do that in this case as it would mean committing to paying all of the creditors.

The thing you need to remember here is that to the administrator, on behalf of the creditors, cash up front is king. Bidder A could offer £250k purchase price with no further investment in the club promised, Bidder B could offer £100k but a promise to invest £1m in the club afterwards. So even though Bidder B would be the best long-term solution for the club, Bidder A would be the administrator's preferred bidder as he's really not concerned with how the club is managed after he's sold it, he's focused purely on realising the maximum amount of cash for the current creditors. This is, I assume, why the Koukash bid was turned down as it was the lowest in terms of actual purchase price.

This is where the administrator and the RFL have completely different aims. The administrator is only concerned with realising the maximum amount of cash now and couldn't care less what happens after that, the RFL are more concerned about the buyers having enough cash to invest over the longer term to ensure the future viability of the club. There's an obvious conflict, which is probably why things are taking so long to resolve.

Big thank you for an informative and fascinating reply

#65 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:56 AM

That had worried me, but they'll be another TUPE to go through yet, so I doubt potential transfer fees will be much when players will shortly be available for free.
People called Romans they go the house

#66 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:57 AM

Surely the RFL have to approve as they held restrictions in place for Lamb.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#67 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,492 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

The saga is finally over.

New thread here

http://www.totalrl.c...eover-complete/

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com