TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Newcastle RU confirm bid to buy Gateshead Thunder

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 dude02

dude02
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

I agree wholeheartedly BUT if the sale is executed, then the reasons for it need to be looked at to see if there are positives. The RU club could of course just shut down the RL club to eliminate competition. On the other hand maybe the owner sees an opportunity to maximise use of his stadium and enhance his revenues.

The devil is in the details and true intent and reason for the takeover.

What are your thoughts on the reasons for the purchase ?

The supporters could simply start a new club like they did last time. I don't think anyone is trying to buy a RL club to shut it down.

#22 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,748 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:26 PM

Im not a Union Fan....it has bored me since Union Sides with the Nazi's in France in world war two.

Bloomin' 'eck!  A bit of a simplification and generalisation there.

Edited by JohnM, 24 March 2014 - 12:26 PM.

#23 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,080 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

Union isn't League's "rival" nor visa versa either......and if you're going to compare them (as business models) then it's more like Coca Cola buying happy shopper cola...... :tongue:

Are you still going to pretend you're just sticking up for rugby union like on the other site? Because this one is a pretty unprovoked trolling effort that's shown you up for what you really are.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users