Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

21/03/14 - Leeds Rhinos v London Broncos KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Leeds Rhinos (13 votes [76.47%])

Percentage of vote: 76.47%

2. Draw (2 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

3. London Broncos (2 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

Vote

#21 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 451 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

If Leeds really go for it they could put up 80. The Broncos are a Championship club in disguise. Not a particularly good disguise at that. They may well shock me later on this season and beat a Super League team but it's not going to happen today. There's as much chance of the rapture happening.

#22 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,797 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

If Leeds really go for it they could put up 80. The Broncos are a Championship club in disguise. Not a particularly good disguise at that. They may well shock me later on this season and beat a Super League team but it's not going to happen today. There's as much chance of the rapture happening.

London's players are full time though whilst championship players arent.

The team should be able to make a game of it.

#23 kendon

kendon
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

London to put in a big defensive display for the first 20 minutes or so and then slowly fall apart once Leeds score a couple of tries. One sided from then on with London scoring once on the back of a Leeds error. 62 - 6 to Leeds. Will be watching on the tele but expect channel hopping to commence before half time.. 

#24 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 317 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:04 PM

I'll be watching this from a pub in Camden, can't see past Leeds for this. Heavily.

I'll be watching it through my fingers.

#25 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,112 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

I'll be watching it for @BytheMinRugbyL.  It's the only way I could make myself do it.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#26 MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield

MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:30 PM

Brian McDermott is planning a clean sweep this year, Leeds are really gunning for all three titles. It’s obvious that Leeds are blooding the youngsters and rotating in the fringe players against the weaker teams to keep the first teamers as fresh as possible for the bigger games.

Peacock and Delaney missing will be huge, not only do they rarely make errors but they are the top two tacklers in the side and top two metre makers in the forwards. Replace them with the ‘potential’ of the youngsters and/or use fringe players like Kirke & Clarkson and expect a closer game down the middle and a few extra errors thrown in.

That said I can’t imagine anything but an easy win, however with Peacock & Delaney absent it wouldn’t surprise me if that results in a few points to the Broncos.

Jones Bishop should be able to deputise for Moon, the backline should be potent enough to get 50+ points. Contrary to popular belief I think the bookies have it wrong though, Leeds win well but not by -44.

Also…….. I see a little bit of arrogance in Watkins play which is not the Leeds way. I would be interested what people make of him tonight against a team his skills should be able to exploit. I hope it’s just in my head otherwise we’ll have to sell him to the Cherry and Whites!!

#27 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:42 PM

London have got to approach the game in a positive manner, reading this board is akin to telling the XIII not to turn up at the ground.

Let's get positive, as no-one rates their chances so they can play with a certain freedom. It's a nationally televised game and you would have to look at it as an opportunity to put yourself in the shop window to join a proper Rugby League Club for 2015. but to do this you have to keep up professional standards and keep at it for the whole 80 minutes. That's what scouts and Directors of Rugby look at how you perform in adversity and how big a ticker you have. 

I remain convinced that London will win some games this year, whether or not this is enough to avoid relegation, I dunno but I certainly would not concede relegaton until a mathematical certainty. and that's the way to approch it and I am sure how Tony Rea will address the side tonight. not to worry about what Leeds can do but instead let them worry about what WE can do, go out there and have some fun. and keep going for the full 80 for the paying public, the fans on TV and their own professional pride. 

Garry Schofield thinks (hopes) London will lose by 100+...

With "friends" like Garry Schofield does the game of Rugby League really need enemies...

Edited by THE RED ROOSTER, 21 March 2014 - 06:43 PM.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#28 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:45 PM

London need a Miracle here.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#29 Colly

Colly
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

Leeds by about 36 , these potential blow outs are usually not as bad as you fear but as previously said ,what were Sky thinking. There audience will be much reduced .

#30 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 451 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

yes, you're right there. Still don't think they'll make a game of it. I did hear about them putting in good effort in their early games and improving in each one but all I've got to go off is what I saw against Wakefield and I can't imagine in my wildest dreams that team making a game of it tonight

#31 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 980 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

I'm hearing Sinfield is rested too so on top of Peacock, Delaney and Moons injury there's 4 good players missing. Even without those 4 though it's a very good team. I reckon as always this season it'll be closish until halftime (around 12/18-0) before a second half route.

Still think there'll be 50 in it, even without those players.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#32 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 980 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

Ok, so he's pretty much rested half the team :lol:

Hardaker
Jones-Bishop
Watkins
Ward
Hall
McGuire
Burrow
Leuluai
Aiton
Kirke
Ablett
Jones-Buchanan
Singleton

Minchella
Mulhurn
Achurch
Clarkson

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#33 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 451 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:35 PM

Ok, so he's pretty much rested half the team :lol:

Hardaker
Jones-Bishop
Watkins
Ward
Hall
McGuire
Burrow
Leuluai
Aiton
Kirke
Ablett
Jones-Buchanan
Singleton

Minchella
Mulhurn
Achurch
Clarkson

That's a relief. Come on Broncos! ;-)

#34 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:02 PM

72-0 I've gone for!!! 4-0 after 1 min

#35 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,020 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:12 PM

Unfortunately you're about to find out its not that simple.

#36 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

18-0 16 mins gone

#37 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

Well held up by hardaker that.

#38 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:25 PM

18-0 at 18 mins.

Sky commentary would have you believe Leeds are world beaters rather than playing a bunch of kids.

Would help if the inexperienced Ref spotted the forward pass, the offside on the kick to the full back or the knock on that went clearly back.

Broncos have a try disallowed on review.

Cmon you Broncos.

#39 northamptoncougar

northamptoncougar
  • Coach
  • 262 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

Some sub the broncos right winger - it's practically abuse

#40 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

London don't seem to be playing any worse than Warrington did last night.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users