Photo
- - - - -

21/03/14 - Leeds Rhinos v London Broncos KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Leeds Rhinos (13 votes [76.47%])

Percentage of vote: 76.47%

2. Draw (2 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

3. London Broncos (2 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

Vote

#41 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,599 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

18-0 at 18 mins.

Sky commentary would have you believe Leeds are world beaters rather than playing a bunch of kids.

Would help if the inexperienced Ref spotted the forward pass, the offside on the kick to the full back or the knock on that went clearly back.

Broncos have a try disallowed on review.

Cmon you Broncos.

Could that be because Leeds have been world beaters!

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#42 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:49 PM

I dont actually think London have been that bad. McGuire has been unstoppable so far and the average age of 22 for the Broncos has shown at times. That being said, 34-0 at half time isnt promising. Leeds are completing their sets and look dangerous every time they move it wide. Could be 70 or 80 with easy as the kids tire out.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#43 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:50 PM

Could that be because Leeds have been world beaters!

Have been maybe but beating a London team barely out of nappies with a coach who cannot teach a defensive structure to save his life is not the sign of world beaters. I think that was the point which was being made.

#44 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,599 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:52 PM

Have been maybe but beating a London team barely out of nappies with a coach who cannot teach a defensive structure to save his life is not the sign of world beaters. I think that was the point which was being made.

So what do the commentary team do to try and make a one sided trouncing sound enthralling?

#45 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:52 PM

18-0 at 18 mins.

Sky commentary would have you believe Leeds are world beaters rather than playing a bunch of kids.

Would help if the inexperienced Ref spotted the forward pass, the offside on the kick to the full back or the knock on that went clearly back.

Broncos have a try disallowed on review.

Cmon you Broncos.

Yes but that's Leeds no matter who they play isn't it?
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#46 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:53 PM

I dont actually think London have been that bad. McGuire has been unstoppable so far and the average age of 22 for the Broncos has shown at times. That being said, 34-0 at half time isnt promising. Leeds are completing their sets and look dangerous every time they move it wide. Could be 70 or 80 with easy as the kids tire out.

Perhaps I am being naive here but with so many young players in one team, wouldn't it be wise to focus on defence a lot, how to make tackles, structures and the like?  I'd believe that the team per se was poor because they can't defend but the Broncos team last year had lots of former NRL players in it yet they couldn't tackle a Sunday roast either so methinks the coach is not very good.

#47 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

So what do the commentary team do to try and make a one sided trouncing sound enthralling?

Who says they have to try and make it sound enthralling?  The NRL commentators never try that.  They just comment on what they see, giving praise where it is due, criticising sometimes, making comments on decisions by the ref occasionally (but not to the point of obsession like Eddie & Stevo), etc.  There is no need to fake it. 

#48 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,599 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

Who says they have to try and make it sound enthralling?  The NRL commentators never try that.  They just comment on what they see, giving praise where it is due, criticising sometimes, making comments on decisions by the ref occasionally (but not to the point of obsession like Eddie & Stevo), etc.  There is no need to fake it. 

If they were saying it about Saints v London,would you be saying the same?

#49 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

Who's capt for leeds McGuire?
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#50 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,599 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

Burrow

#51 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:01 PM

Burrow

Ok
The hour is getting late

JAMIE PEACOCK

#52 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:05 PM

If they were saying it about Saints v London,would you be saying the same?

Of course!  If the Saints side who played Warrington played London this weekend they would be as dominant as Leeds are now because like Leeds Saints have a side which has the proper mix of experience, youth and talent to make a good team.  London don't have that.  They have a scratch side, poorly coached, with some genuine talent in it but entirely lacking grunt up front and experience in the necessary roles.  Every Saints fan would know that in advance and every Saints fan would know that we would likely pulverise this Broncos side at this stage of the season.  Why then try and dress it up as something it is not?  Everyone else knows the truth.  All the Sky buffoons do is make themselves look daft and they irritate fans who know they are faking it because the fans can all see the truth.

The London fullback has had a great 40 minutes.  So say so.  The Broncos team is inexperienced and young, so say so.  Just say it as it is; don't make it out to be something it isn't.

Edited by Saintslass, 21 March 2014 - 09:06 PM.

#53 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,297 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:10 PM

Eddie Hemmings is getting more and more embarrassing. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#54 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,599 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:16 PM

Well worked try .Well done London.

#55 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,297 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

London don't seem to be playing any worse than Warrington did last night.

Not strictly true, they are not dropping as much ball, however their defensive structure isn't a patch on Warrington's.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#56 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,599 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

World beaters,pahhhhh

#57 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 569 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

I want to enjoy watching the game not be embarrased by eddie and co making out we are watching pure gold from Leeds.

The ease that McGuire ran 60 yards tells the story.

#58 oiseau

oiseau
  • Coach
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

Well worked try .Well done London.

Deciding to show uncomptetitve games on prime time RL tv is NOT doing our sport any great favours.

#59 Fax1978

Fax1978
  • Coach
  • 576 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:24 PM

London seem to be the converse of the rest of the SL clubs in that they seem to be able to produce a decent standard of backs but lack the production line in the forwards. Just off the top of my head there has been Clubb (started as a ctr), sarginson, canning, Cairo, Dixon and now caton-brown and macani.

I really have a soft spot for London and hope the go ok.

#60 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,599 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

Deciding to show uncomptetitve games on prime time RL tv is NOT doing our sport any great favours.

I tell you what doesn't do our game any favours,so called lovers of the game that continually put the game down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users