Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

23/03/14 - Hull Kingston Rovers v Bradford Bulls KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull Kingston Rovers (5 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. Draw (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. Bradford Bulls (4 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Marty Funkhouser

Marty Funkhouser
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:00 AM

2014 Bradford easily join the worst three SL teams i have ever seen...Rovers are poor but Bradford take it to a new level...low crowd today and that fare will only drive people away..truly terrible

#22 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

I was very pleased with the spirit shown by the Bulls, the pride in the line was obvious with at least four players held up over the line. Losing two forwards in the first quarter from an already weak pack made it 'mission impossible' to be fair and the Bulls never stopped the KR roll nor got one going of their own. It's probably correct to say we wouldn't have scored if we'd played until midnight, but you need the big men in the pack to lay the platform and create the space for the halves to exploit and sadly we don't really have enough those at the club right now and especially so after the first 20 mins yesterday.

I agree Gale didn't kick well, but he was always under pressure from a dominant Rovers pack so it's hardly a shock that he found their defender most times, he barely had time to look up before getting the kick away. The team really came together in the second half - does Donno ever stop running!! Much as they won, I'd guess the Rovers coach would maybe have more questions of his players - only four points against a side with only two interchanges for an hour - than Francis Cummins.

Whatever the result, no-one can doubt the Bulls' players' committment to the cause.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users