Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

23/03/14 - Salford Red Devils v Castleford Tigers KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Salford Red Devils (6 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. Draw (1 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Castleford Tigers (7 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:27 AM

Discuss the game here:

23/03/14 - Salford Red Devils v Castleford Tigers KO 3pm

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Gates1

Gates1
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:26 PM

Tough one to call, at some point Salford are going to hit their straps, hopefully not this week although with Chase back it wouldnt suprise me.  That said if anytime can deal with him it should be his former team mates and coach at Cas!

Should be some good battles, am i right Johnston plays on the right, if so him vs Carney could be interesting (especially if Cas put Jake Webster inside Carney).  I think Cas have had a couple of very tough games and think a few key forwards looked shot in the latter stages against Hull.  Sneyd against his parent club, Chase against his former club......

Sounds like Cas are taking a back and loud following which always seems to help particurly towards the end of games were Cas have been so effective this season.

Ultimately I think Rangi could be the key and that like him makes the game very unpredicatable...

#3 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,889 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

I think the attendance will be a barometer on the renaissances of both clubs. Is 8,000 a possibility ?

#4 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:03 PM

I think the attendance will be a barometer on the renaissances of both clubs. Is 8,000 a possibility ?

last I heard Cas were up to 8 coaches filled which I think will take our away following to be about 1500
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#5 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,570 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

Never say die Cas to keep their unbeaten record alive,they will win at the death again

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#6 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:54 PM

This could be a cracker, as someone has commented Salford are going to come good at some point, Will this be it ? Chase will be up for this, and what a player Snede is turning out to be, Wish this had been on TV instead of Leeds London.   Draw.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#7 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

Lose this and it could be P45 time for Nobby.

#8 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 390 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

Not sure why everyone seems to think Salford will "come good" at some point, they've recruited a load of shot and/or erratic players and will be lucky to make the top 8 for me.

#9 Colly

Colly
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

Well as Cas are coached and are playing I think Salford in a tight one. Cas can't keep pulling it out at the death ...can they?

#10 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

The best coach in RL to do the business again and with plenty to spare.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#11 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 304 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:46 PM

The best coach in RL to do the business again and with plenty to spare.

I think Nobby's best days are behind him to be honest  ;)

#12 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:31 AM

Close 1st half with cas to run away with it in 2nd half 32-16 to cas, DP has already shut chase out of a game when he coached fev n i dont think tim smith offers much.
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#13 Red Devils PAW

Red Devils PAW
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:14 AM

Lose this and it could be P45 time for Nobby.

The 'Don't marry the first girl you meet' statement by Dr K in response to the RFL acceptance of the tv deal may come back to haunt him as he accepted Brian Noble as head coach without interviewing anyone else.( I blame the RFL )

While the Red Devils wait to gel,the 6 signings made by Daryl Powell seem to have fitted in immediately and seemingly effortlessly.

Last week,to face 2 successful hookers Noble dropped/rested Howarth but the pre-match interview with him by those professional journalists failed to find a reason as the laugh-in centred around Bradford Bulls.

Howarth has been recalled to the squad much to the chagrin of those SRD followers who target him for their complaints - best not point out they lost without him !

Only 1 second half victory for a Brian Noble coached side since he arrived at SRD,and that was at London,last month.

Huge respect for DP for the job done at Featherstone and hitherto at Cas.

A home win for me.Only on the basis that we have won both games this year where there have been afternoon starts and James Child has been the referee.Not forgetting that our players must play to their (previous) capabilities sometime this year.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it

#14 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

A big away win, and a new coach for the home side by Easter. Followed by an exodus at the end of the year of players who signed up for Nobby's fun club. Cas are developing a good habit of playing clubs at the right time.

#15 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 920 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

Cas by 8-12

#16 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,939 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

10 - 6 to Salford  Half Time.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#17 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 920 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

Sounds a really good game, Cas bombed a try before ht, could go either way

#18 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,939 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

14 - 6

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#19 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

We're not playing well at all - still, 5 from 6 is acceptable
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#20 fatboystu

fatboystu
  • 278 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

I don't accept that KT. This is a game we should be able to win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users