Photo
- - - - -

23/03/14 - Salford Red Devils v Castleford Tigers KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Salford Red Devils (6 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. Draw (1 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Castleford Tigers (7 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

I don't accept that KT. This is a game we should be able to win.

I never said it wasn't mate
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#22 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,295 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:08 PM

16 - 6

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#23 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:18 PM

Game over

22-6 to Salford

Cas have been absolutely awful
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#24 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

Milner in bin Salford in again

#25 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

22-10 with 16 to go

Posted Image

#26 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,599 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

The fight back begins,last second drop goal to win it for cas!

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#27 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:27 PM

The fight back begins,last second drop goal to win it for cas!

ha- sincerely doubt it!

Posted Image

#28 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,295 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:27 PM

Cas have been absolutely awful

They've been a penalty machine.

RM have just mentioned a good turnout from Cas fans, they've certainly been vocal.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#29 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

22-14 kick to come in front of the sticks!

Posted Image

#30 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,295 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

22 - 16 after continiuos Cas pressure tells

#31 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,295 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

Salford DG 23  - 16

#32 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

Salford DG 23  - 16

Rangi missed about 25 DG attempts for us then kills us off with one for Salford - deary me

Posted Image

#33 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,295 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

23 - 16 FT

#34 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,295 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:43 PM

Cas supporters in for a bad day M60 closed both ways since 3:30 no time given for re-opening.

#35 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:43 PM

Fair play to Salford - caught us at our absolute worst and did what they needed to do.

Upsetting that we've had 2 poor displays in a row so need to get back on track against London in Thursday.

Posted Image

#36 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

Well done Salford , not mentioning that greedy b******s name. Didn't take our chances but sounds like Child was average at best, ah well onto London

#37 Eldujo

Eldujo
  • Coach
  • 414 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:12 PM

Good effort from Salford, wasn't expecting too much this afternoon but that was the best display by far this season. They deserved the win but it was squeaky bum time when they were caught out with a quick tap and try followed by a soft one for Dorn (I think) minutes later after looking very comfortable at 22-6.

Attack from Salford was hugely improved with the returning Chase pulling the strings. We finally seemed to have a bit of direction and some guile. Tim Smith looked a lot more comfortable playing second fiddle to him. Tommy Lee & Theo Fages sharing hooker worked well and Junior Sau looked dangerous and made good metres all afternoon. I praised Jordan Walne after the last home game and both he and his brother, Adam, provided good enthusiasm off the bench. Only player to disappoint was Meli out on the wing with a few dropped balls but he did OK bringing it back up the middle when we were trying to bring it back from deep. Would have liked to have seen Wigan's Manfredi out there again, not sure if he is still at Salford or if it was a very short term loan.

Actually, worst performance of the day was by the stewards who let one of the Cas fans totter onto the pitch and make it to the halfway line to remonstrate with the ref at a scrum. Fortunately she didn't change his mind and the feed remained with the Red Devils.

Cas made a good effort to get back into it late on and were pinning Salford in their own 20 for a while but they left themselves a little too much to do. Commiserations to Cas on losing their unbeaten record and also a horrific trip back round the M60.

#38 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

The best coach in RL to do the business again and with plenty to spare.

how right you were! Well done nobby!

#39 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:58 PM

Much improved attacking from Salford, Smith didn't have a good game for me giving away two critical pens. Both teams failed to realise Mr Child had his rule book out last night and had been studying it. Cas in particular failed to learn from their mistakes and were lucky not to be on a team warning in the first half.

This was the best performance from Salford in a long time, not sure if all the improvement is down to Chase or partly due to the tactics from Long. Think Nobby has bought himself a few extra games. Still a lot of improvement required from Salford

#40 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,295 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:18 PM

Listening to the radio, Salford had periods of brilliance and periods of horror. Cas had horror after horror, and short periods of competence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users