Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

23/03/14 - Hull FC v Widnes Vikings KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull FC (6 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Widnes Vikings (8 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:29 AM

Discuss the game here:

23/03/14 - Hull FC v Widnes Vikings KO 3pm

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 littlebigfella

littlebigfella
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

We are going to miss mellor and a few players carrying knocks also have a terrible record at hull so I think hull by 12-18 but I hope im wrong

#3 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:58 AM

Reckon this will be fairly evenly matched but perhaps the home advantage will work for Hull

#4 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,570 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

Hull to win by 12

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#5 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

Yet again Hull and Rovers both at home with the same kick off times. And then we have weekends with no home games to watch.

Do the RFL fixture boffins not realise that as a Rovers fan I might like to watch Hull....get beat...some weekends?

Different scenario in the West Riding and Lancs, there are always options.

#6 Colly

Colly
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

We don't tend to travel well. Not yet up to beating teams like a Hull away regularly in our development. Hull fairly easily

#7 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

Widnes to miss Joe Mellor badly, Hull to come good one day.  24-12

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#8 boris74

boris74
  • Coach
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:12 AM

Hull with only one prop available makes this an interesting game.

Although Feka is in the 19 I reckon this is a token gesture to keep Widnes guessing and he wont play which means a very light Hull front row.

Expect Ellis and Thompson to play prop alongside Watts.

Massive game for Hull this one because although they have shown signs of promise in their narrow defeats away at Wire, Saints and Cas a defeat at home to Widnes could see the Old Faithful question the clubs direction for 2014.

Need a settled half back pairing.

Hull 26-18 Widnes.

#9 Gates1

Gates1
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:44 AM

Thompson had a few decent games at prop for Cas when needed their.

infact I think he made his debut on the wing (certainly one of his first games if not debut) and the next week had to play prop due to injuries and got MOM. Thats a utility player! Is a bit lightweight though but will probably do a job as a one off.

#10 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

Thompson had a few decent games at prop for Cas when needed their.

infact I think he made his debut on the wing (certainly one of his first games if not debut) and the next week had to play prop due to injuries and got MOM. Thats a utility player! Is a bit lightweight though but will probably do a job as a one off.

Thompson is fast becoming a favourite - the kid doesn't realise he isn't carrying much weight they way he runs!
Although we are a prop or 4 short I think we still have too much for Widnes - Mellor being out is a big help.
Hull by 16 😉
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#11 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,663 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

Danny Tickle to finally break a tackle at the KC tomorrow?

This may be a fair bit closer than some folk are guessing. Think and hope Hull will have too much but not overly confident.

Not heard from Dave (JHP) so I'm guessing he's still recovering from the corresponding fixture last year.

Hull 26 Widnes 16.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#12 Jill Halfpenny fan

Jill Halfpenny fan
  • Coach
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:48 PM

Hey up O.F

Decided to give this one a miss this year.

Your right, after last year, and the year before that, and that time we kicked off at 12:30 on a bank holiday Monday,  I reckon I've suffered enough at the K.C.

No doubt we'll now put on a decent show tomorrow.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

#13 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,663 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:28 PM

Good to hear from you mate, reckon you might well be missing the wrong fixture, we'll see.

Hey ho, that's the way it goes sometimes.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#14 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:17 AM

Our recent games against Hull at Widnes have been Widnes wins, but I can't remember the last time we beat them away.

Let's hope we change the tide today, even without Mellor.

Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#15 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:15 AM

Yet again Hull and Rovers both at home with the same kick off times. And then we have weekends with no home games to watch.

Do the RFL fixture boffins not realise that as a Rovers fan I might like to watch Hull....get beat...some weekends?

Different scenario in the West Riding and Lancs, there are always options.

I'm afraid it's the 'boffins' running the KC who are responsible rather than the RFL. Hull asked for the Widnes home and away fixtures to be switched  after the cock up over the pitch repairs.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#16 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

Our recent games against Hull at Widnes have been Widnes wins, but I can't remember the last time we beat them away.

Let's hope we change the tide today, even without Mellor.

1996 according to the Sky Sports betting page.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#17 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

I'm afraid it's the 'boffins' running the KC who are responsible rather than the RFL. Hull asked for the Widnes home and away fixtures to be switched  after the cock up over the pitch repairs.

There are several other clashes as there were last season.
I understand that Hull have been kicked out in May and June but even this weekend clash could have been avoided by playing on Friday .

Oops no because you cannot borrow the pitch the day b4 the Tigers play.

The answer is to rent Rovers ground and then there couldn't be a fixture clash....and you might get some atmosphere at Hull home games.!

#18 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:15 PM

There are several other clashes as there were last season.
I understand that Hull have been kicked out in May and June but even this weekend clash could have been avoided by playing on Friday .

Oops no because you cannot borrow the pitch the day b4 the Tigers play.

The answer is to rent Rovers ground and then there couldn't be a fixture clash....and you might get some atmosphere at Hull home games.!

You're quite right, we do have several clashes. The point being that we can't blame the RFL for this one.

I would imagine you know as well as I do that we've played the day before a City fixture at the KC several times. 

#19 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

Good luck against Widnes, you shouldnt need it as Hull seem good at playing well above their talents.

#20 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:13 PM

If we get a repeat of that hailstorm we've just had the players will be going off for their own safety.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users