TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

23/03/14 - Hull FC v Widnes Vikings KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull FC (6 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Widnes Vikings (8 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

lancashire cup final around 1967 was 2-2 between saints and wire 

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#42 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:42 PM

Just one other thing.

This "On report" malarky is getting beyond the joke. Richard Whiting was lifted above the horizontal and dumped on the floor, head downwards. Both touchies rushed on, like the ref, having had a clear view of the incident, and the famous crossed arms symbol appears.

It didn't change the outcome of the game, Hull wouldn't have scored if they played all night, but let's give punishment out at the time it occurred, not several days down the track.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#43 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

So after wanting Sharpe out, no better under Radford?

#44 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

tbf it sounds like the game was marred by slippery conditions........both widnes and fc played ######......just of those days

#45 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

tbf it sounds like the game was marred by slippery conditions........both widnes and fc played ######......just of those days

About right.

Amazingly enough, Hull should have had a couple of tries. Firstly when Talanoa knocked on with the line at his mercy and secondly when Thompson lost the ball in the act of grounding.

Both these incidents were indicative of the rest of the handling throughout the game so they came as no surprise, tbh.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#46 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 4,175 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

Salford 5-2 Quins from a few years back went the full 80.

Think there was a 4-0 Salford-Catalans score in the Stacey Jones era.

#47 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 4,175 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:04 PM

And the infamous 0-0 Challenge Cup semi in the late 80s (Hull and Halifax).

#48 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

And the infamous 0-0 Challenge Cup semi in the late 80s (Hull and Halifax).

There seems to be a link here somewhere... :(

#49 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 4,175 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

There seems to be a link here somewhere... :(

What is surprising OF is that Hull have gone almost a decade now playing pretty much the same style of football. The Hull fans have done it tough for a number of years without a creative spine.

Dare I say it that Paul Cooke was the last player who shook things up at half-back. What has happened to the young Wests Tigers 7 who came over with massive expectations?

#50 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,461 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:26 PM

Think there was a 4-0 Salford-Catalans score in the Stacey Jones era.

Was the 4 a try?  The 5-2 was just kicks.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#51 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 4,175 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:31 PM

Was the 4 a try?  The 5-2 was just kicks.

I'm not sure, but it had snow I think. Both sound thrillers.

#52 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

What is surprising OF is that Hull have gone almost a decade now playing pretty much the same style of football. The Hull fans have done it tough for a number of years without a creative spine.

Dare I say it that Paul Cooke was the last player who shook things up at half-back. What has happened to the young Wests Tigers 7 who came over with massive expectations?

Lee Radford doesn't appear to rate him much.

Time is running out as regards the Hull fans' patience. There are a few that will go no matter what but plenty who won't.

#53 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:52 PM

Today's game was so dull, that I found a spelling mistake in an advert on the big screen. :(

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#54 Bulletproof

Bulletproof
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:21 PM

Today's game was so dull, that I found a spelling mistake in an advert on the big screen. :(

Dull or exciting, spelling mistakes are serious business.

#55 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

and still the same at HT.........bit of an arm wrestle by the sounds of it

Arm wrestle? If only the game had hit those dizzy heights.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#56 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:30 PM

Bloody sods law.

We're sending a taxi to pick you up next year.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#57 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

Lee Radford doesn't appear to rate him much.

Time is running out as regards the Hull fans' patience. There are a few that will go no matter what but plenty who won't.

If ever a game demonstrated the running sore that is our ongoing problem at half back it was today's. If Miller doesn't get a chance after that shambles then he never will.

#58 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:53 PM

Aren't you going to share it with us?

#59 Gerri Monside

Gerri Monside
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:51 PM

So after wanting Sharpe out, no better under Radford?

You missed out the legend that was Richard Agar & Peter Gentle. Radford wouldn't have been my choice, but prepared to give him a chance. Patience however wearing rather thin after todays "display". Team selection was just bizarre - even after you account for our lack of props. Ellis in the front row, Rankin at full back, Heremaia at stand-off, Crooks on the bench, Miller in the stand....... I could go on.
Radfords post-match interview had me shuddering in recollection of the dark days under Len Casey:
Humberside reporter "What cost you the game Lee?"
Radford "Individuals"
Oh dear.......

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

#60 chrisl1

chrisl1
  • Coach
  • 588 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:07 AM

Well done to Widnes. A really good tacking stint. And well done to young Tom Gilmore. A well taken drop goal to clinch the game in his first Super Legaue start.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users