Photo
- - - - -

23/03/14 - Hull FC v Widnes Vikings KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull FC (6 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Widnes Vikings (8 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Vikingstorm

Vikingstorm
  • Coach
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:43 AM

What an awful rugby game.

Completely rudderless and devoid of ideas. Both teams. That game could go on until midnight and there still wouldn't have been another try. Has there ever been a SL game with 79 minutes of tryless action?!

And Kirk Yeaman needs dropping. Simply shambolic performance.

I guess its always rudderless when you get your ass torn apart at home... a must win game for Hull....same conditions for both teams,,,,you have to question the Hull coaching
[QUOTE]“THE enemy should be in no doubt that we are his Nemesis and that we are bringing about his rightful destruction. There are many regional commanders who have stains on their souls and they are stoking the fires of Hell for Saddam. As they die they will know their deeds have brought them to this place. Show them no pity. But those who do not wish to go on that journey, we will not send. As for the others, I expect you to rock their world.

#62 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:26 AM

I guess its always rudderless when you get your ass torn apart at home... a must win game for Hull....same conditions for both teams,,,,you have to question the Hull coaching

"ass torn apart"?...was it 0-7 or 0-70?

Apart from the Rankin fumble that gave Ah Van a walk in try, Widnes also wouldn't have scored all day.

Don't kid yourself that they were summat special, in spite of being very poor, Hull still looked the likeliest to score.

However, you're quite correct regarding the Hull coaching, it's been like that for ages.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#63 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:31 AM

There's lots of sniping over on the Hull RLFans site, saying they shouldn't get nilled at home by lowly Widnes.

Well, check the League and see who's lowly.  :onthequiet:

Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#64 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

You missed out the legend that was Richard Agar & Peter Gentle. Radford wouldn't have been my choice, but prepared to give him a chance. Patience however wearing rather thin after todays "display". Team selection was just bizarre - even after you account for our lack of props. Ellis in the front row, Rankin at full back, Heremaia at stand-off, Crooks on the bench, Miller in the stand....... I could go on.
Radfords post-match interview had me shuddering in recollection of the dark days under Len Casey:
Humberside reporter "What cost you the game Lee?"
Radford "Individuals"
Oh dear.......

We'll know we're in trouble if there's a 'Rogue's Gallery' in today's Mail.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#65 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,028 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

"Ass torn apart"? Were you at the game?

The difference between the two sides was on the first 45 seconds (a dropped ball followed by picking it up and putting it down over the line). Can you tell me any other incident during the game where it looked like Widnes would score? They were just as bad as Hull, if not worse.
Posted Image

#66 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

last season hull won the coresponding fixture 72-10 i would say that this seasons game is a good indicator of how much widnes have improved.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#67 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,028 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

last season hull won the coresponding fixture 72-10 i would say that this seasons game is a good indicator of how much widnes have improved.

Not really. I'd say Widnes were just as poor yesterday as they were last year at the KC. They didn't have another try scoring opportunity after the first 45 seconds. You could say they were even worse as they at least managed to score 10 points against a red hot Hull side.

Had Hull played the way they did last year, it wouldn't have been far off. In fact, if Widnes played the way Hull did last year, you'd have stuck 72 on us as well.

It was just a bloody awful performance from both teams. The only positive anyone can get out of that game is that Widnes didn't drop the ball after the Hull player did to score at the start!
Posted Image

#68 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

the result says it all mate........

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

#69 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,028 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

the result says it all mate........

Not really.
Posted Image

#70 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

widnes won a dour game end of story mate

#71 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:12 PM

Widnes got the luck end of really, as for other close games didnt saints beat crusaders 4-0 in south wales with matty smith playing on loan( from saints) for cru?

#72 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,028 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:59 PM

widnes won a dour game end of story mate

Isn't that what I said?
Posted Image

#73 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:58 AM

Thought I'd gather my thoughts before posting after that!

A very poor game with 2 poor team displays - how anyone from either side can draw much from that I'll never know - dire is somewhat over stating it!

My view was basically Hull's passing was atrocious, both from dummy half and during free play.  The number of handling errors from Hull was largely due to the lack of fundamental skill to pass to someone in front of them close enough to catch it.  Time and time again they were stretching or reaching back or scrambling for the ball off the floor.

Very poor basic skills shown up by the bad conditions.  (I think this is a general trend these days - not many true ball players about!)

Widnes had a very simple game plan to try and limit Hull territorially and it worked.

Brown kicked long and early to pin Hull back time and time again - something that Hull didn't seem to grasp, by running the ball like it was a hot day in August.

I have no doubt under good conditions Hull would have won comfortably but then again it wasn't and we didn't.

Finally a shot at Mr Thaler - ###### and inconsistent for both sides - dear oh dear has the quality of refereeing ever been so bad in Super league?

Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#74 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:16 AM

Aren't you going to share it with us?

No. You can have it as something to look forward to finding during the next bore-fest.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#75 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:08 PM

No. You can have it as something to look forward to finding during the next bore-fest.

If I manage to stop shaking my head in disbelief long enough to focus, I'll check it out.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users