Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

no ellis?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 coronetking

coronetking
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:13 PM

Not in squad for Doncaster. Is he injured or dropped.

Surprised if he is dropped as he constantly on of our better players.

or is it just rotation?

#2 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:45 PM

Think we all know by now the extent of rotation LUCKILY available and being used by JB , and need to stop reading too much into every available little possibility of negativity and speculation .

#3 JCrabtree

JCrabtree
  • Coach
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

He has a virus. Get well soon Andy.

#4 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:16 AM

Someone is going to be unlucky each week by squad rotation etc, players also get injured or are poorly. People need to stop reading into things that maybe just are not there, let JB get on with his job.
Im Fev and im proud

#5 the shootist

the shootist
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:14 PM

well said Maureen its getting tediouse reading all the moaning, it would be worse if we had a small squad and struggling, and to befair it hasent matterd whos had the shirts on the side has been equallay strong. for crying out loud let the coach do his job,
which to be honest, hes not made a bad fist of so far.

#6 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

I cannot get my head around player rotation and what it is actually for and how it's decided who is left out

#7 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

Thats why youre not a coach

#8 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:28 PM

Thats why youre not a coach

I know my comment is as a supporter if I was a coach I probably still wouldn't be able to get my head around how it's decided who to rotate

#9 coronetking

coronetking
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

well said Maureen its getting tediouse reading all the moaning, it would be worse if we had a small squad and struggling, and to befair it hasent matterd whos had the shirts on the side has been equallay strong. for crying out loud let the coach do his job,
which to be honest, hes not made a bad fist of so far.

wasn,t moaning, just asking a question.

I agree JB has done a great job so far and that it must be difficult keeping everyone happy.

Thanks to those who confirmed Andy has a virus and was unable to train.

#10 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

Listen to rovers radio last week with JB for an insight into the rotation policies

#11 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:17 PM

Listen to rovers radio last week with JB for an insight into the rotation policies

I listened to it and he was very open and honest with his answers it's becoming a very good show and gives a good insight to what's happening at Fev

Regarding the rotation what I don't understand is how he makes the decisions He did say that when we play the top teams he will have what he thinks is his best 17 on the field so the Leigh match will be interesting

If the reason is to rest players and freshen them up I cannot work out why you would rest Ellis as he doesn't play the full 80 mins ( I know he has a virus but didn't the other week ) The Player that does play the full game and his work rate is excellent is Lockwood but he hasn't been rested yet

By they way I am not knocking JB for it he is the coach and he does what he thinks is best for the team and the club and picks a team that he believes will win the game and listening to him on the radio he seems very confident but did come across as though he believes that a lot more had to be done to move to the next level. Who ever he picks whether we agree or not they are all Fev players that want to win and we all need to give them the full backing as supporters so we can get over the winning line together

#12 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:21 AM

If you listened to it as well as i did you would have heard its not only on field reasons that players are rotated - there are also reasons off it

how players conduct themselves away from the club are factored in as well - so their diet and lifestyle are probably taken into account and so for example if ellis has gone home that week and ate a load of ###### food and been on the razz a couple of nights and then failed his fitness test or his stats have dropped from the previous week he wont get considered

Theres also a stat man and performance analysts and all the various fitness and conditioning coaching now involved which will also aid descisions

Edited by elppaxr2i, 23 March 2014 - 10:22 AM.

#13 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

If you listened to it as well as i did you would have heard its not only on field reasons that players are rotated - there are also reasons off it
how players conduct themselves away from the club are factored in as well - so their diet and lifestyle are probably taken into account and so for example if ellis has gone home that week and ate a load of ###### food and been on the razz a couple of nights and then failed his fitness test or his stats have dropped from the previous week he wont get considered
Theres also a stat man and performance analysts and all the various fitness and conditioning coaching now involved which will also aid descisions

You might listen, and you are correct about conduct, but I presume from that last post you don't know Andy Ellis at all. He's one of the fittest, most disciplined players in the team, he also is very switched on.

#14 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:15 PM

I know that - always promoting his healthy products on FB and dabbled into the Personal Training world at some point I believe

Was just using him as an example seen as the thread is about him, please insert any players name you wish into that post

Edited by elppaxr2i, 23 March 2014 - 12:19 PM.

#15 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 181 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:59 PM

I cannot get my head around player rotation and what it is actually for and how it's decided who is left out

Team rotation is a situation whereby players enter the field under undue pressure, as such, liable to make mistakes and therefore loose their place the following week. Cannot beat a settled team for success IMO.

#16 knottla

knottla
  • Facebook
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

Actually how many players are being rotated though out of the starting 13, he seems to have a settled 2 to 7 for starters 8 ,10 ,11,12 seem sorted, it looks as though there's only 2 positions not really sorted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users