We're doomed, doooooomed!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,156 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:33 PM

Linky on the end of civilisation.  Really.  Some serious people say so.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#2 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:40 PM

It'll be reet!

LUNEW.jpg

#3 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:36 PM

Always be prepared for the Zombie apocalypse...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#4 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:53 PM

So my plan to take my pension pot and have a two week retirement in Vegas doesn't seem so irrational now!  ;)

#5 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,545 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:07 AM

It will probably coincide with England beating the Aussies in a WC final. ...just you wait and see!

#6 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,761 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:42 AM

Its no coincidence that  The Kraken Wakes is currently on BBC Radio 4 Extra!

"Technological  change can raise the efficiency of resource use, but it also tends to raise both per capita resource consumption and the scale of resource extraction, so that, absent policy effects, ( a clue , maybe?)the increases in consumption often compensate for the increased efficiency of resource use."

"Economic growth is the biggest destroyer of the ecology. Those people who think you can have a growing economy and a healthy environment are wrong. ( don't think that is quite correct) If we don't reduce our numbers, nature will do it for us ... Everything is worse and we’re still doing the same things. Because ecosystems are so resilient, they don’t exact immediate punishment on the stupid.

The piece also seems to ignore the effects of instant communications and improved education.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users