Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Whats in a forum?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DewsburyRuss

DewsburyRuss
  • Facebook
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:20 PM

The disparity between clubs on this site and their individual forums intrigues me. Super League followers hardly ever use the forum of their clubs. Doncaster, Halifax and a few other clubs in the championship rarely use theirs? Barrow, Worky and Batley have disproportionately high usage compared to attendances, so what is the psychology involved in a busy forum? Or am I over-thinking this... :-) 

#2 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 369 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:31 PM

They do use theirs on another site though! Which I will not name here!

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#3 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 803 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:12 PM

That and the SL sub forums are very new. After the merger there was a thought to have no club forums. Clearly it wouldn't have worked for any clubs below SL we would have got lost in the main forum. Anyone know how many mergers this board has had.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#4 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

They do use theirs on another site though! Which I will not name here!

This. The Leigh and Halifax club forums are particularly well used and often worth a good read. The SL clubs tend to use the other site almost exclusively too.

#5 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

That and the SL sub forums are very new. After the merger there was a thought to have no club forums. Clearly it wouldn't have worked for any clubs below SL we would have got lost in the main forum. Anyone know how many mergers this board has had.

Mergers? Only one, with rugbyleague.org. That's when TotalRL.com inherited rugbyleague.org's club based forums including this one. Before that, TotalRL just had general themed discussion forums.

Over the years since then TotalRL dropped a few of the lesser used club forums, but then we kept getting asked why we only catered for some clubs and not all. So, in the past couple of months, we've re-added club forums for all the SL, CC and CC1 clubs and populated the less busy ones with relevant news feeds, where we could find them, so they don't just sit empty.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#6 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

Fev have a very active facebook page and I think others do now too;

#7 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

Yep rams Facebook have an active FB page too. It tends to be more positive than on here like ha ;)

#8 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

Yep rams Facebook have an active FB page too. It tends to be more positive than on here like ha ;)

Thats because they know they can use it as a stepping stone to an all expenses paid appearance on the Jeremy Kyle show

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users