Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Swinton Vs Barrow - Team & Predictions

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

We really need to get a coach in asap or it's going to be to late. Apart from the Sheffield result aside we have really been struggling this season with or without a coach. Going to be such a challenge staying up this year.

#22 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

I thought we were going to get a bonus point but we played some dumb rugby late on.
Swinton were too fast for us and just kept breaking away.
We are rudderless at the moment both on and off the field, we need a coach and someone to guide us around the park.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#23 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

I was very impressed with how your guys played today to fight back tom 28-26 was a great effort.

Hope you get coach sorted soon

Riggy

Swinton

#24 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:22 PM

Hi Riggy hows tricks mate? couldn't make it today.......... we are a poor side and need an old head on the field and a very experienced coach to have any chance of staying up
  • mjc likes this

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#25 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:27 PM

Hi Lee

Fine thanks I was looking for you.

Good luck

Riggy

#26 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 377 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

all of swinton try scorers were warrington players today.... what a joke

#27 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:41 PM

Warrington is one of the teams Mick Nanyn has NEVER played for !!  Mark Thomas is from Eccles arlfc which is also not in Warrington !

Kevin Penny has played for Swinton for the last two years and left for Wire in the close season but has not yet played in their first team hence 5 tries in 5 games for the Lions this season.

#28 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

so were all your goals....oh no thats ok

#29 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:50 PM

. Teams are allowed to field upto five dual registered players in a game.These are rules set by the RFL ,whether clubs choose to use DR is upto them.

#30 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

so were all your goals....oh no thats ok

To be fair Shaw is one of our own anyways.

#31 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:09 PM

Just looked at the Swinton try scorers and they are a bit of a joke to be fair. Ben Currie, Brad Dwyer, Rhys Evans and Kevin Penny all crossing is quite frankly ridiculous. Appreciate they aren't good enough to assemble a competitive squad by themselves but they shouldn't be winning games due to filling their side with player who didn't make it into Warringtons first team. We lost to Workington due to Tierney and Hopkins being pretty much the difference between the sides.

Maybe we have to look at filling our squad with SL fringe players? It's basically selling our souls for a season but it's going to damage the club massively financially if we go down? Would it be worth it?

#32 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:09 PM

I would suggest that your comments (as well as being incorrect) are of the over-ripe fruit of the vine variety!

Spelly.

PS - By the way, sentences begin with a capital letter, as do both Swinton and Warrington!

Not the brightest button in the box are you?

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#33 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 868 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

To be honest, I've always been against duel reg. This is no offence to swinton either, but after listening to our own supporters shouting about how where losing to Warrington players maybe its time we went down that route. We need to stay up this season and I don't think were good enough at the moment. If other teams can do it with crowds what we had today, why can't we ??

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#34 JC3

JC3
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:13 PM

Swinton probably get this Wire stuff after every game they win

#35 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:16 PM

Yes JC3 too many crossed Wires !!! 

• JC3 likes this

#36 Blakemore

Blakemore
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:06 PM

Shaw is not one of your own and he scored 2 tries aswel, when he was at swinton last year everyone said he was a wire player so what's the difference, thought we let you into the game many times, three messed up restarts and also a penalty on our line, all the best but we are both going down

#37 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 377 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:06 PM

I would suggest that your comments (as well as being incorrect) are of the over-ripe fruit of the vine variety!

Spelly.

PS - By the way, sentences begin with a capital letter, as do both Swinton and Warrington!

why are you biting? I'm just stating that it was quite ridiculous at Swinton's try scorers today but use did deserve the win despite using wire players but I have been against the dual reg system from the start

#38 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 377 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:14 PM

Spelly.

And why are you rambling on about buttons and fruit?

#39 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 314 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:29 PM

Without any disrespect to anyone, Ben Currie was different class today. If he cannot get into a Super League team regularly (and I fully expect he will) then I am sure some full time Championship team would snap him up like other talented players we have had in recent years.

This season is unlikely to end with Swinton in the Championship due to the restructuring but it is important to be competitive at this level. It is also highly unlikely that Swinton will be the cause of Barrow being relegated (if that comes to pass).

Ps - "Use".........doh! The grammar police are coming.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#40 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:41 AM

Reading last years and this years posts on duel reg is a mixed bag of we should, we should not. It seems quit obvious that as in Formula one the teams will look to benefit from any rules and allowances they can to get the win.

The fact remains if the clubs that do stay up from using the system they have been given then they should not be knocked.

I would hate to be reading posts at the end of the season like " we didn't stay up but at least we did not go down the route of other clubs.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users