Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Today's game.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

Hornets lead 14 v 10 sounds like a great defence today!!!

COME ON HORNETS!!!!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#2 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hornets 14 v 10 Batley FT.

How but that Bolton Roughyed, enough of a step up that as t?

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#3 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:15 PM

Great result well done Hornets

Riggy

Swinton

#4 Pedro

Pedro
  • Players
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:19 PM

Great effort from the lads. They all gave 100% and deserved the win.

#5 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 420 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

Fantastic effort from the lads. To beat last seasons Championship Finalists, nilling them in the 2nd half is not to be sneezed at.Up and running!!!

#6 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

Tremendous performance today from all concerned today. At 3.00 I would have grabbed a bonus point with both hands. We started of like a house on fire and spilled a certain 6 pointer from our best move of the game before we'd scored. For half an hour we played almost error free rugby and gain the rewards from that in the shape of two tries. In the last ten minutes of the first half Batley came on strong with the condition behind them and got their noses in front at the hooter.

Second half was a real old fashioned Rugby League arm wrestle. It went from end to end without either team getting over the whitewash. Towards the end of a titanic struggle Hornets managed to get Sam our Fijian winger in for a walk in try at the corner. Crookie managed to convert from out on the left hand touchline to give us a vital four point lead,

Inspite of a few late alarms we managed to hang on for our first points of the league season.

Standouts for me in a really good all round performance were Tony Suffolk and Bainsey in the forwards. Ryan Millard had a quiet game for me at half back but the lad from Mayfield , Sheridan, looked lively.

I don't often mention the opposition but Byron Smith had a ###### game, allegedly.

#7 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:28 PM

Sorry two poor teams playing in poor conditions controlled by a ref who is pants. Your welcome to the three points that won't save you from the drop...... or us. Enjoy the rest of the season I'm off to boil my head boo hoo :(

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#8 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 476 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:36 AM

Good game of rugby and an excellent result for Talbot and the lads - well done 

Of course it begs the question - does dual reg work? By far the best performance of the season with only one dual reg was it?

#9 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

Yes well done to the boys and Tol. Pleased to see 1-17 where Rochdale Hornets players thus throwing up the dual reg argument again. We have seen it spells this season and we know what we can be capable of if we put it all together for 80 mins. We had a blip just before half time, but all in all I think the Batley chairman summed it up in the bar. You wanted it more than we did.

Great platform to build on. I thought Tony Suffolk was our MOM yesterday. Really liking the workload this lad gets through.

Well done

Edited by fillipo del toro, 24 March 2014 - 01:28 PM.

Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#10 BOLTON ROUGHYED

BOLTON ROUGHYED
  • Coach
  • 666 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hornets 14 v 10 Batley FT.

How but that Bolton Roughyed, enough of a step up that as t?

Pugwash.

HA HA!!!

I'm not gonna hide, its all about the banter with our nearest and dearest.

Congratulations on a good win, despite some Batley fans being less than impressed with their team,.... A very good result.

See you next year tho'   ;)

#11 BOLTON ROUGHYED

BOLTON ROUGHYED
  • Coach
  • 666 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:40 PM

P.S.

This humble pie tastes awful...!

#12 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

HP sauce mate!!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users