- - - - -

John Bastian

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#21 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,249 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

Maureen what do you think isn't quite right at the moment on the field and can we afford to lose anymore

I wish I knew JT, there does seem to be a problem somewhere along the line. Maybe the players are not gelling, maybe there's unrest, who knows, we can speculate forever and a day but not get it right
Im Fev and im proud

#22 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,249 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:30 PM

Maureen we've spent 400k on salary cap more then than any body else in league and can't beat donny come on !!!!!!

Paul Cooke was brilliant for Donny today and took the ###### out of us, just like he did twice last season, he ran the show. We do not have a Devine right to win, some folk think we are the Man Utd of rugby league, money doesn't always breed success
Im Fev and im proud

#23 Mick Thornton

Mick Thornton
  • Players
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:31 PM

The one and only difference between two well matched sides was what we don't seem to have and that is a playmaker. Paul Cooke did us at Post Office Road last season and today also controlled the
game from start to finish.
Doncaster have an enthusiastic bunch of players who are playing to a very good tacticians
promptings. We certainly didn't give them enough respect and allowed Cooke to dictate as he saw fit.
Very disappointing end result today but I fear there are more to come.
M.J.Thornton

#24 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:51 PM

so we have lost to oni donny and oni dewsbury, perhaps we are now oni fev.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#25 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

We tried to start the game today where we left off against Rochdale, we spent the whole first half using the wingers to drive the ball in instead of the forwards. The second half we got the forwards going and spent 90% of the second on top.

I am no Bastion basher and he deserves a real chance to get it right, but the first half today smacked of a poor game plan to me.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#26 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

Don't no old rover prob someone with a bit more experience any ideas

no mate. i'll leave it to those that pay the wages. if those people think Bastian needs to go, then he'll go. until then he's our coach.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#27 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:16 PM

Have to say that was appalling today, even worse than the Dewsbury game

We had no backup plan when Donny had us worked us early doors - We look and play like a poor Warrington side at the minute - I fear thats who we have been moulded on when we should be moulded as Featherstone Rovers

All this talk of 'looking forward to playing on Donnys wide pitch so we can play expansive rugby' yet we trundle it down the middle for 75/80 minutes! The wingers didnt even feed on scraps today, abysmal

I do fear for us if there isnt some drastic changes, be it with the coaching or playing staff - the stats man and basing teams selection on things like that is not working in my eyes and doing more harm than good

I look forward to JB's comments at the forum on wednesday, cant wait to hear some of the Keyboard waarriors comments as well when they attend

Edited by elppaxr2i, 23 March 2014 - 08:16 PM.

#28 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:18 PM

Something's not right it's a shame p r wasn't 3 year a go now we have buggered it but that's only my opinion

#29 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:27 PM

and his successor should be?

Could say the same when Powell left, OR.

#30 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:50 PM

Could say the same when Powell left, OR.

Everyone new who was replacing Powell weeks before he left......

#31 Wormy

Wormy
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:52 PM

I'm no coach and nor do I profess to be so will leave that bit to those who are no doubt handsomely paid to do their Job.... As a supporter and volunteer what I do feel is that as a club we seem to have lost our warm family feel...the smiles have gone....the regime has changed and for whatever reason our on the field performances seem to be slipping...yes we can say when other teams play us it may well be their cup final...yes we can say other teams are improving....but realistically Leigh apart no other club has changed personnel or signed the number of players we have.

Good luck and all the best to John and his coaching team....there will no doubt be twists and turns along the way but from where I see it we have just lost the last game we can afford to lose if we realistically want to finish in the top 2 and compete next year at the top level....hang on folks the ride is gonna be bumpy but should we really be shouting about any other team being favourites  ??? maybe John can say I told you so looking at the result but if we go into games thinking we are second best then I fear for our S.L ambitions......Destination.....unknown at the moment for me.

#32 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

Tell you were we going absolutely no we're

#33 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

The players don't wanna play for him everybody noes that are people so blind unbelieveble get a grip . He couldn't train my 13 year old rubbish

#34 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

Whatever happens going forwards JB needs to deliver the goods with these players he has brought them in and let players go that he didn't want and loaned one out I believe the pressure is on now more that ever as if we are to get the big prize at the end of this season we cannot lose another game

#35 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,249 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:36 PM

The players don't wanna play for him everybody noes that are people so blind unbelieveble get a grip . He couldn't train my 13 year old rubbish

Please expand on your " the players don't want to play for him, everybody knows that" because I for one haven't heard that. You appear to know some things that others on here don't!!!!
Im Fev and im proud

#36 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 732 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

He appears to know it all

#37 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 732 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:07 PM

To be fair we are under achieving at the moment and for whatever reasons it takes time for a new coach to address and solve any problem areas , JB has also had to do it from the start under a certain amount of pressure from the daryl powell can never be replaced supporters club ,

#38 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:13 PM

The thing is no coach player is bigger than any club but when you replace an coach because one has left he will be judged against that one especially when he did so well I hope JB sorts it out quick and we achieve our goals because I like to go to a match thinking this will be close or we will be ok today and watch our team perform well but I cannot do that at the moment because something is just not right

#39 Mark H

Mark H
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:24 PM

Like all sports,it's a results based industry,jb has brought many players in and he must live by his decisions,team selections and the results these bring.Then it is up to the BOD as to what happens if those results are not right but remember these are the same people responsible for the departure of Daryl Powell and although that water has passed under the bridge,I think IMO ultimately it was a move that will come and bite us hard on the backside with our SL ambitions.

Forza Fev

Forza Fev

#40 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:06 AM

It was disappointing today, but nowhere as disappointing as the number of major finals, play-off matches, and NR cup games that we have gone into as red hot favourites but come out second best. You can hardly blame the BOD, they have done everything possible to ensure they had the best, most expensive, squad available. I can see why they wanted a change from Daryl, who is an outstanding coach who just couldn't raise the players' game that extra percent when it really mattered, although bad luck had a lot to do with it.

JB will be given time, its early days yet, but if he doesn't succeed his successor will still have the resources to turn things around, as long as we all stand by the club and don't drift away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users