Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

John Bastian

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#121 Mark H

Mark H
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

This thread has now been going since 23rd March at 5pm and has diversified a little from the JB subject with over 110 replies and
over 10,000 views.In that period to now over the week I've viewed some great views and some sh*t*.I've read on other subjects on
the Featherstone forum,Cas fans imposing and posting views of Fev fans,SO WHAT,didn't hear much from them last season !! I've read we are looking for new players and other clubs are looking at our players,SO WHAT !! I've read about Paul Cooke and Matt Cook,too
many cooks can spoil the broth IMO !!
As for DR players at other clubs,totally irrelevant.We chose not to go down that road and that's also good for the long term good
of the club,so that negates the argument of other clubs to go down that path.
What does concern me is the performance of the team,especially first half performances,even if we get the result,it doesn't fill me with much confidence when it comes to playing the stronger teams in the league and ultimately the end of season league position,
with so much relevance of it when it comes to the financial implications for the next campaign.
But like the rest of you,I'll go to work this week and what ever you or I think won't solve the problems within the dressing room,
that's if there is a problem.Maybe that is why go to work and do our day to day jobs and we don't manage /coach Featherstone Rovers.I just want to see the best for our club and the success what we deserve for all the support and effort put in by all concerned.
I just feel the positive anticipation of this season is heading a little South and I hope it returns to the good old North soon.

Forza Fev
Forza Fev

#122 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:14 AM

And the crossing for the second
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#123 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 403 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:38 AM

Obviously, I've not seen Rovers yet, so can't comment on how you are playing this season.

However, in addition to losing your coach, you have replaced some key players - I always thought Liam Finn was outstanding for you. What is becoming obvious is that the so-called 'lesser' sides are proving very troublesome to everyone - don't forget, they are all fighting to avoid those bottom five slots. My team is unbeaten at the moment, but I don't know how! For the third consecutive game, against 'lesser' teams (certainly no disrespect intended!) we have had to rely on a last minute score, to make the game safe. Our luck is due to run out!

We now have 'Fax, you, Dewsbury & Sheffield all away, in the next few weeks. I wonder what the Championship table will look like, after that little lot?

#124 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 196 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

Hopefully we will hit our stride soon.

#125 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

Obviously, I've not seen Rovers yet, so can't comment on how you are playing this season.

However, in addition to losing your coach, you have replaced some key players - I always thought Liam Finn was outstanding for you. What is becoming obvious is that the so-called 'lesser' sides are proving very troublesome to everyone - don't forget, they are all fighting to avoid those bottom five slots. My team is unbeaten at the moment, but I don't know how! For the third consecutive game, against 'lesser' teams (certainly no disrespect intended!) we have had to rely on a last minute score, to make the game safe. Our luck is due to run out!

We now have 'Fax, you, Dewsbury & Sheffield all away, in the next few weeks. I wonder what the Championship table will look like, after that little lot?

And despite that Leigh have scored 18 tries in those last 3 games. :tongue:

#126 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 403 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:42 PM

And despite that Leigh have scored 18 tries in those last 3 games. :tongue:

Ah, but how many have the opposition scored - 13 is it?

#127 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:45 PM

You've not taken Matt Calland on in some sort of advisory role have you? :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#128 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:10 PM

too bloody many. :P

#129 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:49 AM

Did you shout for the 2 forward passes in the build up to Mendieka's first try ?

What the h**l is a forward pass?.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users