Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Top 9 finish

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

Starting to look a bit ropey?

#2 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:15 PM

Couldn't agree more chairman
Defeats racking up for both dogs and Rams in games their expected to win

Team doing rather better than expected i.e
Doncaster & Keighley

And the bottom 5 catching up

Could be a long season for both teams across the valley.

#3 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

Unless we bring in players soon, I'd say the season is a write off even at this stage. Ben Black will give us a boost, but he'll take af least a month to get back up to speed.

Posted Image

#4 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

Massive 6 pointer at crusaders next week, they seemed unlucky at Leigh today and were in it for most of the game.

Tough times ahead - signings a must as dropping out of the championshipwould kill the club off
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#5 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 939 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

that were tosh, that pitch were made for some of our speedsters but they never chimed in when they should a done, far too many dumb plays and rubbish kicks,if it wernt for rowe baz and jd and gledhill we would a been really put to the sword, well done hornets you sure wanted the game more than us and it showed,

cant see us doing any good at all if todays owt to go by. an hand full a players just simply not up to it at all and aint a clue what there doing, we need a leader out their shouting the odds and setting an example, how come on last we simply let leather chip it over game after game and get set in defense, we might as well just shout to an hornets player here take this ball as we aint a clue what to do, we did same at fax but managed to nick it, lets have a powerplay now and again or at least get a>>>  HIGH  kick up that will cause a bit of a problem when theres hail and rain coming down not a little ###### dink into the op players arms couple a meters away, hornets scored off higher kicks and mistakes off kicks.if we dont get a couple of players in were deffo bottom 5 for sure and cas will put 80 past us.i dont expect to win every game but theres better players up any park on a saturday afternoon than a few of our lads.not looking good at all.

#6 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

Awful today poor execution near the line leatherbarrow opting kick all the time leek ineffective.
Greenwood played well but sadly the rest were average at best
Big job to get them up for next week
#fed up

#7 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:03 PM

Based on the first five games Batley are not good enough to finish in the top 9.

Hopefully today's display will be a wake up call for the Coaching staff. Today's display was the worst of the season on a par with the Leigh display. The effort of the team was good but the defence and attack where poor along with too many handling errors. 

If the club are looking to improve the Marketing of the club then they need to look at the brand of Rugby Batley are playing. The current brand of rugby is not going to improve the crowds at Batley. 

Edited by bulldogtrev, 23 March 2014 - 07:03 PM.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#8 windogs

windogs
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:23 PM

Based on the first five games Batley are not good enough to finish in the top 9.

Hopefully today's display will be a wake up call for the Coaching staff. Today's display was the worst of the season on a par with the Leigh display. The effort of the team was good but the defence and attack where poor along with too many handling errors.

If the club are looking to improve the Marketing of the club then they need to look at the brand of Rugby Batley are playing. The current brand of rugby is not going to improve the crowds at Batley.

Do you honestly think that there aren't 5 worse teams than us in the division? The players we've got are good enough, they might not be showing it at the moment I know. The error count and decision making was ridiculous today. Judging by John on the radio there's going to be some home truths said at training Tuesday.

#9 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 795 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:26 PM

Do you honestly think that there aren't 5 worse teams than us in the division? The players we've got are good enough, they might not be showing it at the moment I know. The error count and decision making was ridiculous today. Judging by John on the radio there's going to be some home truths said at training Tuesday.

we struggle e.g whitehaven,barrow,workington away we lost 3 massive points today doubt we will beat sheffield either so another 6 if we don't make the top nine its goodbye batley rlfc

#10 windogs

windogs
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

we struggle e.g whitehaven,barrow,workington away we lost 3 massive points today doubt we will beat sheffield either so another 6 if we don't make the top nine its goodbye batley rlfc

I never said any game will be a walkover. Every game will be tough home/away. But imo we have the quality to pull through. Everybody doubted we'd get a result at fax but we won..

#11 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

I never said any game will be a walkover. Every game will be tough home/away. But imo we have the quality to pull through. Everybody doubted we'd get a result at fax but we won..

We nicked a win at halifax and the last 2 games have shown us just where we really are.some of the signings we've made have unfortunately lived up to some of my (and fellow fans) expectations and just aren't good enough.
We need a decent centre another winger and Ben Black back ASAP....that decision not to replace faal and campbell before the ban could well come back to haunt KN.

Edited by il cattivo, 23 March 2014 - 08:10 PM.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#12 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:18 PM

I think the worrying thing at the moment is that we haven't put in a single real quality performance in 2014. The nearest we came was the 30-0 whitewash of Keighley in pre-season. We need to buck our ideas up otherwise we won't finish in the top 9. There are plenty enough sides to push us into that bottom 5 if we don't start showing improvement and it would be a big misjudgement to think otherwise.

#13 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

Judging from the non appearance of Batley players in the bar after the game I suspect some home truths have been said already. I've never seen so few away fans in the bar after the game either. Fortunately your Chairman was very gracious in his after match remarks.

#14 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

Massive 6 pointer at crusaders next week, they seemed unlucky at Leigh today and were in it for most of the game.

Tough times ahead - signings a must as dropping out of the championshipwould kill the club off

The Cru' were very unlucky today and imho were robbed of a bonus point by  a spiteful last ditch kick  by Leigh who were well and truly rattled today.

Regards 7

#15 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:53 PM

Judging from the non appearance of Batley players in the bar after the game I suspect some home truths have been said already. I've never seen so few away fans in the bar after the game either. Fortunately your Chairman was very gracious in his after match remarks.

There were plenty of us at the match but judging by how many BB car stickers we saw on the back of cars on the M62 l guess most made a quick getaway. In terms of being gracious, no one on here is suggesting you did not deserve to win.

#16 Mike Oxhard

Mike Oxhard
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

Terrible game today... Both side were abysmal. I'm sure we can get it together soon and I'm sure we will not be in the bottom five, Halifax game convinced me of that. We will win next week I'm sure jk can turn us round.....then beat keighley at home and then stuff the car boots sale tip rats on Good Friday and all our worries will be over.. Just hope the cas game doesn't interfere with my plan!

#17 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:10 PM

The whole experiance was just dire :(

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#18 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

There were plenty of us at the match but judging by how many BB car stickers we saw on the back of cars on the M62 l guess most made a quick getaway. In terms of being gracious, no one on here is suggesting you did not deserve to win.

I know Batley took quite a few today. There was plenty in the bar before the game and when the players ran out the Batley fans gave them a good old shout. I was surprised to see no Bulldogs in the bar after the game though. I've always though a few pints in the bar after the game helps numb the pain.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces, 23 March 2014 - 10:17 PM.

#19 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:22 PM

We're averaging 14 points a game at the moment. That needs to be a lot higher if we are gonna start picking up the three points week-in week-out.

#20 vile rodders

vile rodders
  • Coach
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

I certainly do on our recent performances we are deffo bottom 5 there is simply no scoring

potential in this team barring Greenwood.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users