Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Top 9 finish

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Southampton Leyther

Southampton Leyther
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:24 PM

The Cru' were very unlucky today and imho were robbed of a bonus point by  a spiteful last ditch kick  by Leigh who were well and truly rattled today.

Regards 7

Spiteful? Whilst the Crusaders played  very well and, as you say, rattled Leigh a bit, if Leigh have an opportunity to deny points to our competitors then we should and did do that. Did Crusaders deserve something from that game? Yes they did, but they lost a bit of focus/energy in the last 10 minutes and Leigh scored two quick tries and then were ruthless with a last second drop goal to deny a BP.

I don't think it was spiteful, it was professional and whilst I feel sorry for the Cru's leaving empty handed, Leigh are not going to give away bonus points to competitors if they can avoid it. I think Cru's were very close to a win/draw yesterday but when it became apparent (very late on) that it wasn't going to happen the concentration slipped for the last 2 minutes and they ended up with nothing. Harsh yes, spiteful no. IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users