Could be controvertial

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,397 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:45 PM

Throughout pro RU they have maintained P&R.

But with minimum standards, so not automatic.

Clubs wishing to play in the Premiership must fulfil a list of criteria set down by the Professional Game Board and agreed with the RFU Championship. This covers areas such as stadia, club administration and other key roles, community development programmes, ground tenure and ground moves, facilities, medical and safety, marketing, plans to increase attendances, adherence to the squad cap and playing and contractual commitments. The purpose of the minimum criteria is to set a standard for all clubs to operate by, which all will benefit from.

Promotion and relegation is however subject to the Minimum Standards Criteria being fulfilled by the club finishing top of the RFU Championship as outlined above.

Edited by Padge, 24 March 2014 - 08:51 PM.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#42 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,823 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

I bet the RFU actually implement their minimum standards too yes?  Unlike the RFL.

#43 gutterfax

gutterfax
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:15 PM

I bet the RFU actually implement their minimum standards too yes?  Unlike the RFL.

THEY DO....well, they do until they are threatened with legal action.

#44 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:48 PM

D n f t t.

#45 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

Yes that great Oxford club, London Welsh.

#46 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

Don't forget that Dr K has just had to fork out a grand in fines because Nigel Wood won't tolerate people expressing an opinion contrary to the corporate speil, especially if an f bomb is dropped into the mix. So I would imagine we won't be hearing/reading anymore interesting stuff from Dr K. He's certainly been very quiet on Twitter since his fine.

What a shame. I think he's been great news for rugby league.

He has been great news, the best in a while. He is however a "self made man" and has never had to answer to anyone.

He now has collective responsibility to contend with. If you are part of the management of an organisation and the vote goes against you, you swallow hard and shut up.

That would apply from a tiny company to the cabinet.

It's a lesson he needs to learn quickly.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users