Keith Nutter gone?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:05 PM

Are rumours that Keith has resigned from the BOD true? Keith has been a real stalwart of the club and is a true gent of the game. What's going on?

Edited by TheTerminator, 24 March 2014 - 03:06 PM.

Posted Image

#2 southsider

southsider
  • Coach
  • 244 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:33 PM

He is struggling with his back problem again. I was told today that he is waiting for another operation.

I hope you get it sorted, and get back to good health asap Keith.

#3 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,557 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:04 PM

I'll second that Kevin.

Posted Image

#4 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:41 PM

Yes, I hope you get better soon mate.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#5 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:02 PM

Same here. Get well soon Keith. Back trouble is not nice.

Edited by Baaarrow, 24 March 2014 - 09:03 PM.

Posted Image

#6 cath1820

cath1820
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:13 AM

All the best Keith, hope you have a quick recovery.

Cath and Tony G 

#7 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

Get well soon Keith.    Barrow RL without Keith Nutter is like coffee without sugar.  Haha.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#8 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

Are rumours that Keith has resigned from the BOD true? Keith has been a real stalwart of the club and is a true gent of the game. What's going on?

Definitely resigned according to club web site.
I trust it was for health reasons and not a falling out,

Edited by bearman, 25 March 2014 - 10:04 PM.

Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#9 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:30 AM

It's a pity the club statement is so ambiguous. If it was on health grounds, perhaps that should have been stated as the reason?

#10 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:08 PM

Get well soon Keith

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#11 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:05 PM

Whilst I appreciate everybody's concern I'd like to make it clear that I have NOT resigned for health reasons.

It is sufficient to say that  I have resigned as per the club's official statement.  I am not prepared to expand on that other than to say sometimes the time is right to move on.

I will continue to work for the club via the Development Fund and will also continue with my contributions to that fund, the build-a-win lottery and the new lottery.  Additionally I intend to continue buying an executive box each season for many years to come.

Cheers,

Keith

Posted Image

#12 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

Well down to 4 active and 1 none active director and no apparent finance Director. I hope the remaining guys can share the work load.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#13 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

I think what D11 was trying to say is "thanks for your time and effort Keith" and I would agree with him. Cheers Keith 

#14 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:50 AM

I think what D11 was trying to say is "thanks for your time and effort Keith" and I would agree with him. Cheers Keith 

Incorrect Paul, I know from being there who does what and how much effort is put in. My concerns on financial has always bothered people that don't understand fully what is required behind the scenes.

For the new Coach to get the guys he needs the club requires financial input. The years past has seen the likes of Pete Millican and Keith Holt knocking on business doors and sitting in offices until they get a result. I am not saying that Murph isn't doing a good job, the fact that the shirt sales are highest ever says it all but there is more empty spaces round the ground for business advertising than I have seen for many years and further more I haven't heard from other local businesses  or seen anyone knocking on the doors weekly/fortnightly promoting sales like Gold Membership, boxes, advertising etc:

I would like nothing more than Barrow to stay up this year but money will be tight for additional players.

#15 Deep

Deep
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:15 AM

This topic is titled Keith Nutter and not the finances of the club.

Thanks for everything Keith, I for one would like to see you back on the Board in the future.

Suppose I will have to buy my own raffle ticket now, but it is good to know I will still have to get the buttons on a match day.

See you at the Featherstone game, hopefully in the Boardroom as those stairs to your box are not good for my back. LOL

#16 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:49 AM

Incorrect Paul, I know from being there who does what and how much effort is put in. My concerns on financial has always bothered people that don't understand fully what is required behind the scenes.

For the new Coach to get the guys he needs the club requires financial input. The years past has seen the likes of Pete Millican and Keith Holt knocking on business doors and sitting in offices until they get a result. I am not saying that Murph isn't doing a good job, the fact that the shirt sales are highest ever says it all but there is more empty spaces round the ground for business advertising than I have seen for many years and further more I haven't heard from other local businesses  or seen anyone knocking on the doors weekly/fortnightly promoting sales like Gold Membership, boxes, advertising etc:

I would like nothing more than Barrow to stay up this year but money will be tight for additional players.

Just off topic Neil, but what do you sponsor down at the club?    Come to think of it, I haven't seen much of you this year so how do you know what boards are empty?

You always have to change topic to your own personal agenda (surprised you haven't questioned the appointment of Mr Goulding)... LET IT GO.

Don't be coming back telling me your worried about the club and how it won't survive because it's not following your business plan, who knows they might have a new one!!

The BoD are doing ok and I'm sure if they feel the pressure then they will ask for help. It's been along time since you were on the BoD, (oh no wait a minute) helping the Bod so I don't think you know as much as you think you do. 

Cheers Balla.

#17 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:21 AM

A bit more openness at the club wouldnt go amiss though would it ????

All kinds of rumours are circulating as to why Keith has stepped down and it needs nipping in the bud.

Thought the days of secrecy were behind us to be honest !!

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#18 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

Just off topic Neil, but what do you sponsor down at the club?    Come to think of it, I haven't seen much of you this year so how do you know what boards are empty?

You always have to change topic to your own personal agenda (surprised you haven't questioned the appointment of Mr Goulding)... LET IT GO.

Don't be coming back telling me your worried about the club and how it won't survive because it's not following your business plan, who knows they might have a new one!!

The BoD are doing ok and I'm sure if they feel the pressure then they will ask for help. It's been along time since you were on the BoD, (oh no wait a minute) helping the Bod so I don't think you know as much as you think you do. 

Cheers Balla.

get your head out of the sand Paul and stop twisting posts.  No one has been to me or people I know for sponsorship this year but as I have already stated we wont be sponsoring this year. I have every right as anyone else to ask what's going on as I have 1800 debentures.

#19 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:18 PM

All we need is Soss back to stand your corner D11 (nobody else does)

#20 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

All we need is Soss back to stand your corner D11 (nobody else does)

I don't mind a bit of banter and I will always take any flack if I am wrong :tongue:  trouble is some just don't like hearing anything close to the truth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users