Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Important Matchday Information - Please read

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

Supporters attending this weekend’s game against Workington Town will note that the walkways in the main stand, south stand and east terrace now all have yellow hatching painted on them.

This is to signify that these are no standing areas. We were inspected by Kirklees Council last week as a prelude to the Wigan game and they have insisted that not only must we complete the painting of these areas we must also ask spectators not to stand in them. Unfortunately we don’t have a choice in this.

The new fence (and old fence for that matter) were not built to withstand spectator pressure and we must ask spectators to move either back on the terrace or into the seats away from the fence.

Stewards will be asked to put this in place and we would appreciate your co-operation.

We know that standing against the fence has been allowed in the past and it is a popular place to go but we don’t have this option any more.

Please help the stewards to do their job and co-operate with them. It isn’t their fault that they have to ask you to move and they aren’t being “jobs worth” but it is a condition of our stadium licence from Kirklees.

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#2 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:38 PM

Typically s***e kirkless council yet again.
Fans have been standing there since the ground was very first open.
They do nothing for our and our rugby team.
But they love huddersfield and even built them a new stadium and denied Dewsbury the chance to play when we win the grand final in 2000.
I've never known so many corrupt people in my life.

#3 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 903 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:27 PM

Typically s***e kirkless council yet again.
Fans have been standing there since the ground was very first open.
They do nothing for our and our rugby team.
But they love huddersfield and even built them a new stadium and denied Dewsbury the chance to play when we win the grand final in 2000.
I've never known so many corrupt people in my life.

Line ! Didn't Kirklees give us the land for the stadium and land around to enable us to possible sell it to help the club? I believe they also increased the capacity of the ground for the Wigan game. But they do nothing for us. I seem to remember the RFL stopping our promotion in 2000 due to minimum standards nothing to do with Kirklees. I don't agree with this decision but I'm not sure how this makes the council corrupt. Who have they taken money from ?
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#4 Shipley Ram

Shipley Ram
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

What is the capacity for the wigan game
RUGBY LEAGUE IS MY RELIGION.
CROWN FLATT IS MY CHURCH.

#5 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:26 PM

Wigan have told their fans they only have 300 seating tickets and 1200 standing. Does this mean we have 2,000 instead? According to reporter capacity will be around 3500. Mark sawyer wanted 4500 to 4700 I got told ?? - I don't quite know how we could get that many in as 2,000 usualy looks packed at the rams. Maybe GFDU may know more?

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 24 March 2014 - 08:30 PM.

#6 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:30 PM

The Council should give the Club the final Capacity decision tomorrow but it looks as if will be slightly less

than before we built the new terrace. There are several more requirements before this can be added such 

as separate turnstiles, toilet and refreshment facilities and the means to prevent access to the North and South Stands - i.e.

make the area self sufficient.  Just need a bit more fundraising for this and a new wall / fence!!!!  Anyone got a spare £50k?

If not the club will work on it step by step over a period of time.

The above requirements will not apply to use in normal games where access will not be a problem as we are unfortunately

unlikely to reach ground capacity.

#7 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:58 PM

What do you think the capacity will be around for the match and how many tickets to we and Wigan have to sell?

#8 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 903 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:28 AM

I noticed the disabled dugouts in the south stand taped off is this permanent ?
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#9 ricochet

ricochet
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

g

I noticed the disabled dugouts in the south stand taped off is this permanent ?

Good question, why have the club taken to taping these areas off? There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them

Ricochet!

#10 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

My grandad comes to matches in his wheelchair and his view is really restricted these days.
He has to go right to end of the south stand were the view is really restricted.
The club need to look into the access for disabled people as with the dugouts being closed in the south stand there is no were for them to go.
Could the club look into this ???