so who's coming back?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wayne rutene 81

wayne rutene 81
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:26 PM

22 yes is a long time.if we come back to m27 at the side of the best town hall in Lancashire you can count me in and many many others.

#2 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:30 PM

...the best town hall in Lancashire.

Yes agree, best town hall IN Lancashire, stuff your Greater Manchester.

After all, be honest, who in their right mind would want to put Greater Manchester as part of their address?

:shout:

Edited by Blue Monkey, 24 March 2014 - 11:36 PM.

#3 Robert the Builder

Robert the Builder
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:08 AM

22 yes is a long time.if we come back to m27 at the side of the best town hall in Lancashire you can count me in and many many others.

I would definitely go and watch the Lions regularly back in Swinton. Two of my brothers have said the same since this story first broke. Its a habit we would love to get into again. I live down Deans Road and from the brief chats with neighbours etc I get the feeling there are many more. This town lost its identity when Station Road was bulldozed. It came as a shock it happened so quick. I went to Bury for a while with my Dad but got out of the habit it was just too inconvenient. Still feel the guilt even now. I remember the Folly Lane cup tie and the buzz of that day!! It would be great to recreate that atmosphere at future matches in Swinton. I really hope it can be achieved.

#4 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 578 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:24 AM

Is there anything in particular preventing any of these fans from yesteryear from coming along to watch a few matches at LSV - please?
Every supporter, every penny counts.

We still have the same rampant lion on the badge.
We're still the club that was formed nearly 150 years ago.
We're still called Swinton Lions (unlike many other teams that have changed their name).
We still have the history of Valentine, Hodgson, Stopford, Blan, Gowers, Buckley, Wilson, Holliday, English, Watson (the one with the most caps for Wales).
We still won all 4 cups .
We still have some of the best supporters in the world of sport.
We still have players that are all prepared to fight for their place and feel the pride of pulling on that famous royal blue jersey.
We still have a forward thinking Supporters' Trust investing in grass roots rugby league and supporting & promoting the club in Swinton.

Everyone involved in the Club, the Trust, the Team, everyone who turns up and pays their entrance money at LSV or Park Lane, everyone who joins the Trust (£2 per month), everyone who buys a programme, everyone who buys a Golden Gamble....every single one of those people loves rugby league and loves OUR CLUB.
Every single one of those people wants the Swinton Lions to be playing back in Swinton.

Only every single one of those people is keeping our Club alive.....keeping our Club alive in the hope that one day we may return to the place where we belong.

Where there is life there is hope.
Where there is support, there is life.
Without that support, without that life, there is no hope of return.
Divided we shall fall, but join us, re-join us, and together WE shall keep that support alive and WE will come home!

#5 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:03 AM

Paul...I honestly think you should forward that post to the advertiser and see if they will insert it as an article

#6 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 904 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:12 AM

Winston Davidson is in the house!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#7 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

Great post Paul - can only echo marks response - at least lets get it in our next programme

#8 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

It's really easy to say I'll go back watching Swinton if they come back to M27. Let's face it, the true fans have never stopped going. The fair weather fans have come and gone.

I can honestly say I've really enjoyed the back to the wall nomadic lifestyle we have lived over the past 20 odd years. I fear that the atmosphere will change now and we are going to be a different club.

Please don't get me wrong I am not saying I do not want a return 'home' but im cautious off all the ex supporters and their stomach for a fight if things don't go well.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users