Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bobby Goulding

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:04 PM

It looks like Bobby Goulding is going to be annouced as the new Barrow Raiders coach tomorrow. As somebody who has previously coached at Rochdale I was just wondering what you guys thought of him as a coach, what will he bring to the table and are we making a good choice?
Posted Image

#2 Pedro

Pedro
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:41 PM

Plenty of comments on earlier post (20 th Feb) when a Town fan asked a similar question

..http://www.totalrl.c...obbie-goulding/

#3 BOLTON ROUGHYED

BOLTON ROUGHYED
  • Coach
  • 666 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:47 AM

It looks like Bobby Goulding is going to be annouced as the new Barrow Raiders coach tomorrow. As somebody who has previously coached at Rochdale I was just wondering what you guys thought of him as a coach, what will he bring to the table and are we making a good choice?

What will he bring to the table?

Probably a shotgun...!?!?!?!

#4 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

Another situation you're trying to inflame BR? The only thing you know about Bobby Goulding is that when he was coach at Hornets he made your team look like the Dog & Duck third XIII!!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#5 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

You may be right Bolton Roughyed so long as he saves the one bullet for you when they play you. Oops forgot, you are not in the same league as us!!!!

#6 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:50 AM

Great to see Bobbie back in the game. All the best BG

Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#7 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:06 AM

According to twitter he has signed as player coach....

#8 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

I'm surprised to hear about the player part because he must be the wrong side of 40, but he knows what he can expect of himself I suppose.

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#9 Larry Jones

Larry Jones
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

Yes the player part is a concern for his own personal safety, no matter how could you have been you cant avoid the biff in this game.

#10 BOLTON ROUGHYED

BOLTON ROUGHYED
  • Coach
  • 666 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:43 PM

Another situation you're trying to inflame BR? The only thing you know about Bobby Goulding is that when he was coach at Hornets he made your team look like the Dog & Duck third XIII!!

Pugwash.

Eh?

You were just a bunch of ###### headhunters when he was your coach.

And you know exactly what I'm talking about if you know anything about his exit from your club.

#11 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

YYYAAAAAWWWWWWNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Bobbie's first season we were the only team to beat Leigh at The Bates Motel, and we hammered them with the reserves!!! Darren Robinson starred in that games, ooopppsss another player you Puffyeds don't like.

Here's the thing mate if you'd had the Bobster as coach you wouldn't still be languishing in the bottom division. Just for information, how many times have you choked in the semis???

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#12 Larry Jones

Larry Jones
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:28 PM

You are not very user friendly Andy, however I remember the home game against Cas, and no matter how many trophies I have seen Saints win I have never seen a game as exciting as that one.

What really was quite sad was the total lack of enthusiasm in the town after the game. I think in Oldham the same result would have gone down a touch better.

#13 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

You are not very user friendly Andy, however I remember the home game against Cas, and no matter how many trophies I have seen Saints win I have never seen a game as exciting as that one.

What really was quite sad was the total lack of enthusiasm in the town after the game. I think in Oldham the same result would have gone down a touch better.

Good point Larry, I still pull the game DVD out on those long dark winter nights to cheer me up. Like Andy says Leigh away and Hull KR at home where two other immense games. Harsh saying we where a team of headhunters under Bob. He got 110% out of some average players and im sure he will do the same at Barrow and good luck to him.

Talking to players who played in Bobbies Hornets side everyone to a man say its the best time they have ever had playing the great game. How he left? Only a few only know, however I would never let the rumours sour the memories of a fantastic time watching Bobbies Hornets side.

I suspect Barrow fans are in for a treat.

Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#14 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:35 PM

Bobby Goulding has a proven track record of being a lunatic. 

May well make a short term impact but there will be some lunacy of sort along the way - Nothing surer!

#15 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:17 AM

He was nominated for coach of the year twice whilst at Hornets, if he can resolve his personal issue, he will keep Barrow in that division.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#16 Butler

Butler
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:31 PM

YYYAAAAAWWWWWWNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Bobbie's first season we were the only team to beat Leigh at The Bates Motel, and we hammered them with the reserves!!! Darren Robinson starred in that games, ooopppsss another player you Puffyeds don't like.

Here's the thing mate if you'd had the Bobster as coach you wouldn't still be languishing in the bottom division. Just for information, how many times have you choked in the semis???

Pugwash.

I remember that game at Leigh what a day that was. Does anyone have it on DVD I could copy?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users