Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sheet stating which teams are playing, what they're playing, when, where and what comp - York

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:59 PM

Attached poster to download and stick up in your house, car, office, shop, pub.....advertising our match.
Spread the word! :D

Attached Files

Edited by Paul Davidson, 27 March 2014 - 12:53 AM.

#2 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

Good intentions, but its a bit simplistic, just looks like a piece of paper with some words on it.

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#3 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:06 PM

And your point is ?

#4 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

It tells you what date, who the teams are,where the game is,kick off time,what the competition is- what more do you need

#5 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:03 PM

It tells you what date, who the teams are,where the game is,kick off time,what the competition is- what more do you n

And your point is ?

It doesn't catch your eye, so you won't look at it and know who the teams are and what date it is etc etc. Like I said it just looks like a piece of paper with some words on it not a poster. Just trying to give constructive criticism. I said the intentions were good as for promoting the match, it just needs some work.

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#6 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:36 AM

Now't wrong with the poster - but LSV website still says 3pm kick off?

Assume 2pm is correct?

#7 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:29 AM

Why is it 2PM?

#8 XIII man

XIII man
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

Nothing wrong with the poster in my opinion, gets the message across. 

2pm? Is that because the beeb want to show the next round draw after their televised game and this fits in with their scheduling. 

#9 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:14 AM

You'll note that, to avoid any risk of a visit from the Trade Descriptions Act police (York branch), I've amended the title of this post and removed the very misleading word "poster".
I'm left somehow thinking though that the other title was a bit more snappy.

Perhaps I should also have included in the title that this plain statement is usefully uncluttered so that if it's in your car window or being read from a moving bus then there's a chance that the reader may be able to distinguish the important, yet admittedly basic, facts.
Oh, and also that you don't have to replace every colour ink cartridge in your printer between each copy printed out.

I think the forum moderators may have restricted the number of words I could include in the post title though - but apologies to the number who were hugely disappointed and felt they had been misled when they opened the attachment.

Edited by Paul Davidson, 27 March 2014 - 01:16 AM.

#10 Ralph Swintonrlfc

Ralph Swintonrlfc
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:29 AM

PAUL, THE POSTER CLEARLY WORKS OBVIOUSLY  OR ELSE WE WOULD NOT BE HAVING THIS DEBATE. EVERYBODY HAS GOT THE IMPORTANT BIT WHICH IS EVENT, TIME, VENUE  AND PATICIPANTS. YOUR HARD WORK IS NEEDED AND VERY MUCH APPRECIATED BUT IF ITS NOT ENOUGH TO CAPTURE THE YORK PUBLICS IMAGINATION THEN I  WOULD SUGGEST CHESTER ZOO WOULD BE A VIABLE ALTERNATIVE FOR SOME. ALL THINGS START SOMEWHERE, GROW AND THEN CAN BE IMPROVED UPON. I THINK YOUR EFFORTS AND INDEED THE POSTER  ITSELF ARE  VERY EXCELLENT. ALL THAT SAID I WILL SORT A MEDIA PROFFESSIONAL POSTER FOR YOU IF REQ'D AND BRING TO MATCHDAY PRIOR TO ADVERTISED MATCH FOR YOU TO DISTRIBUTE. I WILL STAND THE COSTS OF DESIGN AND PRINTING ETC NO PROBS. MAYBE THEN THE YORK FANS WILL  COME IN THERE THOUSANDS AND ALL FOUR SIDES OF LSV WILL BE UTILIZED.  I DOUBT THIS BUT THE OFFER IS A GENUINE ONE. 

AND BY THE WAY, WHAT IS THIS, HAVE A POP AT SWINTON WEEK? WE WERE THE "SWINTON_SWINTON" RESPONSE TO THE MINORITY OF BARROW FANS CHANTING "WARRINGTON ETC" AND NO PUSHING AND SHOVING OR ABUSE OCCURRED JUST SIMPLY A ROBUST REPOST TO A PATHETIC SHOWING OF VITRIOLIC HUMOUR. THE BEST RESPONSE TO WHICH I THOUGHT WAS SIMPLY " SHUT UP". SO AS STEVE SUGGESTS, LETS ALL GET FULLY BEHIND ALL THE LADS IN A LIONS SHIRT. WE ALL STAND TOGETHER!!! TAKE ME HOME M27!!!

#11 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 606 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

Not sure about the capital letters Ralph, it's a bit difficult to make out the words.

#12 Ralph Swintonrlfc

Ralph Swintonrlfc
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:31 PM

Fair point Steve. In my defence it was darts night and I'd had few. Also know I shouldn't get involved but just don't like the negativity of a few comments. On a more cheery note have you made any arrangements for Fev day out yet mate?

#13 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 606 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:36 PM

Yep mate, 9.14 from Victoria (via Leeds).

And I hope you realise my previous post was meant to be a joke!

Edited by steve wild, 27 March 2014 - 07:38 PM.

#14 Ralph Swintonrlfc

Ralph Swintonrlfc
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

great stuff. looking forward to it. thanks for sorting. I will be there for 9 then. cheers mate.

#15 Ralph Swintonrlfc

Ralph Swintonrlfc
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:48 PM

absolutely mate,  no probs at all. and look this time not even using capitals at beginning of sentences !!! 

#16 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:34 AM

In an ideal world we should have match posters like we had way back when I were a lad. You know (you fellow oldies), the big white ones with blue (club's colours - Salford's would be in red of course) lettering. The colour of the lettering automatically alerted you as to who was the home team, with the home side in small sized letters and with the visitors below the V in really huge letters.

E.g. you would see a Swinton v Rochdale Hornets match advertised something like below...

Swinton

V

Rochdale Hornets

Station Road, Swinton, 25th September 1965 K.O. 3.00pm

Adults 5/-, OAPs 2/-, Juniors 6d

Edited by Blue Monkey, 28 March 2014 - 12:36 AM.

#17 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:08 AM

Attached File  image.jpg   44.27KB   7 downloads

#18 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

Great photo

Ah but that was in the day when the good folk of Swinton already knew they had a rugby team.... and hence the "swinton" part could be small

These days they would probably go to  Wigan or Halifax

Such a Shame

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#19 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

Can anyone tell me when we play York....I can't seem to find out anywhere?

#20 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:00 PM

Mark - it would be useful if somebody produced a sheet stating which teams are playing, what they're playing, when, where and in what competition.

I'm very surprised the Trust haven't come up with anything. Disgraceful really. Sack the Chairman I say!