TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Workington at Home, 30th March, 3pm KO

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:36 AM

Local rumour is that Wigan will have a few players with plenty SL experience on show for Worky Warriors

Dewsbury Rams 18 - 48 Worky Warriors

As a Town fan I hope not, we had Dudson last week and he simply wasn't interested and was absolutely rubbish. If we have any DR I hope they're young lads.

#22 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:10 AM

Think I am going to have to rethink my prediction for this one, if they have as suggested the full 5 dual reg playing, will go for 22 - 18 to Rams only if Brown plays.

Our forwards will have to up their game effort considerably.

Any news on Brown or the other injured players?

#23 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:00 PM

Think I am going to have to rethink my prediction for this one, if they have as suggested the full 5 dual reg playing, will go for 22 - 18 to Rams only if Brown plays.
Our forwards will have to up their game effort considerably.
Any news on Brown or the other injured players?

If brown is out I'll change my prediction to rams 12 worky 24.

#24 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

If brown is out I'll change my prediction to rams 12 worky 24.

One man does not make the team. We need to play like a team, not 13 individuals. If we can play like we have been doing in the first three games of the season, we should win.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#25 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:56 AM

Dewsbury 18, Workington 10. First try scorer Grady

#26 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:37 AM

A tricky one to call , hopefully we have got the Sheffield game out of the system. As we all know anyone can beat anyone on the day.
Rams 28-town 23
First try scorer Godwin
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#27 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:50 AM

Town 24 dews 14

#28 Heckler

Heckler
  • Coach
  • 421 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

So this appears to be Friday's dress rehearsal therefore:

Dewsbury 28 Workington 20

First try: Morton

Att: 792

H/T draw: Depends how close my ticket numbers are to BSJ's. Near, not a chance, not near then possibly....

#29 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

One man does not make the team. We need to play like a team, not 13 individuals. If we can play like we have been doing in the first three games of the season, we should win.

Indeed he didn't, but was very relieved to see him on the pitch. 

Glad to see my prediction was way out.  The lads started better today and I think that was important.  Still plenty of mistakes, but the attacking play was outstanding.  Think Grady was great today, a proper centre, but even Scott Hale managed two passes from a centre position.  Rob deserved MOM, but Grady and Thackray had great games too.  Panicked when I saw Kieran Hyde at full back, but he too did well.  New fullback anyone???

#30 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:23 PM

Glad to see my prediction was way out.  The lads started better today and I think that was important.  Still plenty of mistakes, but the attacking play was outstanding.  Think Grady was great today, a proper centre, but even Scott Hale managed two passes from a centre position.  Rob deserved MOM, but Grady and Thackray had great games too.  Panicked when I saw Kieran Hyde at full back, but he too did well.  New fullback anyone???

Yep, I thought that line up in the backs worked well today and Hyde was much more impressive than Sheriff has been so far. Both centres served their wingmen well and both got through a lot of work on defence. My disappointment today was the performance of both hookers, especially defensively. Apparently Farrell was shown up badly against Sheffield last week but we must have signed him for some reason, surely?

A decent performance against a fairly poor Workington side, too concerned with conning the ref instead of playing the good rugby that they showed themselves to be capable of at times. DR's don't always work, that's for sure.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#31 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

Thought it was a very good display, looked very dangerous on attack. Hyde did okay at full back but he doesn't return the ball very well. Sherriff does a lot of things right.

#32 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

A job well done not without some areas to.work on though. Hyde did well at FB he wasn't under much pressure though through most of the game. Aizue I thought was MoM never stopped made some great runs a couple of times there was nobody with him to receive the off load. Thackeray had a good game and looked dangerous with the ball. On another day we would have had 60 , 3or 4 chances were bombed near the line. A good comeback from the Sheffield game. Workington played well in patches number 7 looked good on the ball but he wasn't supported. There forwards looked a decent size but they didn't always make the yards. They could avoid the bottom 5 they just need to put it together for 80mins. Decent numbers from the travelling support , hope the lad taken to hospital was okay. I didn't notice him going off what was the injury ?
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#33 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:53 PM

Good win today,thought all the pack played well running hard & straight but I think Spicer deserved mom. Glad sheriff was dropped to be honest,thought Hyde linked play better from the back!! Hope the workington player is ok didn't look good though. Thought there fans were superb today got behind there team,brought a lot more than Whitehaven

#34 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 535 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:01 PM

McAvoy that got taken to hospital is fine. He went on the bus back with the team. It was his neck.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#35 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

Good win today,thought all the pack played well running hard & straight but I think Spicer deserved mom. Glad sheriff was dropped to be honest,thought Hyde linked play better from the back!! Hope the workington player is ok didn't look good though. Thought there fans were superb today got behind there team,brought a lot more than Whitehaven

given we played you after we had played cougars and leigh both away games are you surprised

#36 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:01 AM

Yep, I thought that line up in the backs worked well today and Hyde was much more impressive than Sheriff has been so far. Both centres served their wingmen well and both got through a lot of work on defence. My disappointment today was the performance of both hookers, especially defensively. Apparently Farrell was shown up badly against Sheffield last week but we must have signed him for some reason, surely?

A decent performance against a fairly poor Workington side, too concerned with conning the ref instead of playing the good rugby that they showed themselves to be capable of at times. DR's don't always work, that's for sure.

Good performance I thought, some good tries,and it was nice to see some grunt going into the tackles - certainly had Worky blowing at the end. Looking at the team sheet off sky live, I presume Godwin wasn't playing, so who was sharing the hooker role with Wright ? Thought Hyde looked our most accomplished full back so far this season (think he played there at Wakey a fair bit anyway), and the pack looked more balanced without both Nash AND Haggerty in the squad. A bit more of the same on Friday, and we could give a good account of ourselves - wish I could be there. Thackray looks sheer class when the team are on the front foot, so lets hope the pack can deliver again against Wigan. Optimistic - as ever. ;)

#37 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:19 AM

Beforehand I feared two teams slugging it out to gain supremacy would make this match ponderous, but it was much more entertaining than that (for a Dewsbury fan anyway).

As with everyone I guess, I was very surprised with the team selection, positional anyway (I'm sure Morro leaves it to the last minute just to spoil our selections), but something worked. I was pleased with our centre play yesterday, both on attack with some sharp passes, especially when tries were scored with Grady as my M.O.M., although I would not quibble with the choice of Rob Spicer who gets through an enormous amount of work.

I just wonder why we fall off the game for about 15 minutes or so. Wigan will pounce on that if we do so against them. We also messed up on scoring chances a couple of times, most notably with Brown passing too early to Pryce who had not the speed to get to the line.

Things upon which to work for the next league match at Swinton (I wouldn't worry about trying to correct too much next Friday as I doubt it will matter).
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#38 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:21 AM

Good performance I thought, some good tries,and it was nice to see some grunt going into the tackles - certainly had Worky blowing at the end. Looking at the team sheet off sky live, I presume Godwin wasn't playing, so who was sharing the hooker role with Wright ? Thought Hyde looked our most accomplished full back so far this season (think he played there at Wakey a fair bit anyway), and the pack looked more balanced without both Nash AND Haggerty in the squad. A bit more of the same on Friday, and we could give a good account of ourselves - wish I could be there. Thackray looks sheer class when the team are on the front foot, so lets hope the pack can deliver again against Wigan. Optimistic - as ever. ;)

Hemingway was the starting hooker.

Nash was excellent I thought. I wonder how wise it will be to let Gallagher play against Wigan, however.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#39 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:49 AM

given we played you after we had played cougars and leigh both away games are you surprised

Not sure they brought more fans than you 4ever...They just made a bit more noise.  Certainly if they did then the home crowd wasshocking. Almost 150 less tha when we played you..... 

#40 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:11 PM

Yesterday's performance was exactly what I meant, Brown didn't make the team. The team played as a team, and not 13 individuals, I must admit I myself were surprised at Hyde been the starting fullback, Hemingway as hooker, Brown been stand-off and spicer as loose forward, but I also must admit I was actually pretty surprised at how good they all were at their given positions though
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users