Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Batley at the Racecourse

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 clwydianrange

clwydianrange
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:19 PM

After the valiant effort at the LSV last week I really fancy us this sunday. I'll go 28 - 16 to Crusaders, attendance 1348

#2 TommyCru

TommyCru
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

Massam and Moulsdale made a big difference last week. I can see a home win. 34 - 12 and a crowd of 1285

#3 rossco123

rossco123
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

With players still to come back Ile go for 34_16 to the crusaders with 1095 in attendance

#4 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 719 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

Batley will be hurting after loosing to the Hornets; so I am sure Clive will be watching for the backlash.  I think its will be close with Crusaders edging it. I don't think there will be 12 points between the teams 32 - 28 to Crusaders. I am hoping we get a decent crowd after the poor Cru turnout against Pilkington Recs. Anything over 1000 would be acceptable; any less and the club will need to revisit heir marketing strategy.

#5 rossco123

rossco123
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:58 PM

That was poor very very poor if any new supporters came to watch that they won't come again, devoid of any shape ,pace and complete lack of ideas. Some players seemed to have just enough energy to walk about which I can't accept

#6 TommyCru

TommyCru
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

Shocking performance from the cru today and they got exactly what they deserved. A total lack of energy and hunger which we are not used to seeing. If they give 100% and lose like against centurians you can accept that, but to lose in the manner in which they did today was unacceptable. I hope Clive bangs there heads together!

#7 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

Gutted with that performance today the Cru' looked slow and dis-jointed from the start. Last weeks motm (Lawton) was nothing like, Stu R was poor considering his experience as were virtually all with experience of this league and above in SL. I also think the officials could have been better but not making excuses we got from the game what we deserved. :(

On the positive side a few  players like TJ, Johnny and Dalli at least looked like they wanted the shirt today

I agree rossco not exactly a crowd puller for those who were there to see how we are getting on, or for the media reports that are to come in the morning.

We really are going to have to perform better than that .

#8 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:10 PM

First visit to Wrexham today and have to say you have a great set of fans and plenty to build on as a club.

Really enjoyed the day, which was made better by meeting some great people who are a credit to your club.

All the best for the rest of the season.

Edited by buford t justice, 30 March 2014 - 09:12 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#9 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 719 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:31 PM

Shocking performance from the cru today and they got exactly what they deserved. A total lack of energy and hunger which we are not used to seeing. If they give 100% and lose like against centurians you can accept that, but to lose in the manner in which they did today was unacceptable. I hope Clive bangs there heads together!

^^^^This.  Exactly my feelings. Todays performance was just not good enough.

#10 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:33 AM

Sorry to here a bad performance compared to last week, and disappointed Adam had a poor game too. Tom Gilmore was poor for Widnes today, and i feel once Craven is fit he will be back at the Crusaders. Anyway hopefully the next game will be better.

Edited by widnesrlfc, 31 March 2014 - 10:34 AM.

#11 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:11 PM

I have seen most of Crusaders games, wins and big defeats and this is the first time I ever walked away from the ground feeling let down by the team, but I am going to give Batley some credit for their brilliant defence. I am amazed we managed to score 14 points. Having said that, we made  it easier for them being so predictable with one up rugby, trying to burst through the defence with brute force. TJ and White had top games for me. Some of the players looked like they didn't know each other. Maybe some of the new faces still need to gel. Lawton was not as effective as the previous week but he wasn't the worst player. He clearly has talent but off loading to players who are not there - who's fault is that? Should they be there? To be fair to Stuart Reardon, there was no lack of effort from him but he was not going to break through that defence on his own. If we are talking about being disappointed with the players though I would also like to express my disappointment with the attendance of below 1000. Its still a great effort for this division but I really thought we would break 1000 every home game this season. Have to say the Batley fans were great and I have always had great regard for their club and "long suffering" true supporters. Seeing them enjoy a bit of success in recent years slightly lessens the blow of losing yesterday. Crusaders are a great club and I feel we are going about things the right way. Its a long journey and there will be disappointments along the way. Sorry we won't be at full strength at Fev but I am looking forward to the game next week.

Edited by Celtic Rooster, 31 March 2014 - 04:36 PM.

#12 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 719 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

Good summary Kenny.

#13 Tricky14

Tricky14
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:20 PM

Poor performance yes but a bonus point against last season grand finalists ........ at the beginning of the season If you would of said a bonus point against Jon Kears bulldogs I would of said I will take that ......

#14 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 719 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

Poor performance yes but a bonus point against last season grand finalists ........ at the beginning of the season If you would of said a bonus point against Jon Kears bulldogs I would of said I will take that ......

Fair comment, but our performance against Leigh was far better and we came away with nothing.  We do need to post bonus points if we are losing. I think it will make a big difference at the end of the season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users