• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,527 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:33 AM

CLUB STATEMENT: BULLS TAKEOVER COMPLETE

BRADFORD BULLS officials are delighted to announce the completion of its takeover, with Marc Green today finalising the purchase of the club.

Mr Green, managing director of Leeds-based Safeguard Security Group, has acquired the club having agreed a fee and terms with the administrator, which was later ratified by the sport’s governing body, the Rugby Football League.

Mr Green – whose bid was approved yesterday as the successful one – this morning met with staff and players in his new role as chairman.

Robbie Hunter-Paul is to remain in position as the club’s chief executive and Mr Green has acted swiftly to bolster the Bulls’ senior management team, appointing Steve Ferres as managing director.

The former Bradford Northern player and Wakefield, Castleford and York CEO is to bring vast experience to The Provident Stadium, driving the club forward into a new era.

“I am really pleased to have completed the takeover of this fantastic club,” said Mr Green, a successful local businessman who owns, manages and operates an extensive, multi-million pound business portfolio.

“Bradford Bulls is a major sporting brand in the United Kingdom and I think this has been proven by the sheer volume of national media coverage which the club has received throughout the process of its future being secured.

“I have been working with the Bulls for the best part of six months, prior to this, and I think it is important for the supporters, stakeholders and staff to work towards restoring this club to its former glory.

“Now that the takeover is complete, the team and I are in a position to move forward with the business.

“We are confident, in a short amount of time, we can make a full audit of every business unit and prioritise the aspects that will make the biggest impact.

“We will be working extremely hard over the coming months, with our number-one objective and main priority being to ensure Super League survival for this historic club.

“I am fully aware of the club’s past successes and of its proud heritage, and am keen to build on it in the years ahead.

“I am using the expertise the club already has and I have brought in further knowledge and capability, with the appointment of Steve Ferres, highlighting my commitment to the future success of the Bulls.

“I am delighted to have Steve on board. He is highly regarded across rugby league and his expertise is going to bear fruit in the times ahead and he will help get this club back to where it belongs.

“Myself, Steve and Robbie are fully behind the head coach Francis Cummins and his backroom staff. We believe he is the man to deliver on-field success for Bradford Bulls.

“Finally, on behalf of the Bulls, I would like to thank David Wilson, of DFW Associates, and his team for all of their efforts throughout this process.”

The brand-new holding company, Bradford Bulls Northern Ltd, will now take full control of the club.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,718 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

Oh no it isn't...............

#3 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,026 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

And now for the GREEN shoots of recovery! (There you go John, feel free to use that when JJB interviews Marc in the next RLW...)

I remain fully prepared to be let down again somewhere down the line; 3-weeks, 6-months, 2-years, whenever.

There will always be that nagging doubt in me now.

*sigh*

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#4 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,527 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:12 PM

RFL STATEMENT

Bradford Bulls confirm new owner

Bradford-based businessman Marc Green was today confirmed as the club’s new owner by the official administrator, David Wilson.
RFL Director of Standards and Licensing Blake Solly said: “We welcome the announcement that the acquisition of Bradford Bulls has now been concluded, a move which brings to an end what has been an unfortunate period of instability for a club that can now face the future with renewed confidence.
“We are sure Marc and his staff will receive a warm welcome from the club’s supporters and indeed the whole Rugby League family.
“We would also like to place on record our thanks and appreciation to the official administrator David Wilson for the professional manner in which he handled this whole process.
“Whilst the considerable interest shown in purchasing Bradford Bulls meant that the administrator was unable to effect the sale as quickly as would have been ideal, the interest was also of sufficiently high quality to have provided some compelling evidence of the attractiveness of Rugby League clubs to investors and is a further endorsement of the appeal of the sport.”

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#5 Vikingstorm

Vikingstorm
  • Coach
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

Good Luck to Bradford. They led the way with the onset of super league in many ways....Like a lot of our clubs they have a heritage and tradition which we simply must preserve
[QUOTE]“THE enemy should be in no doubt that we are his Nemesis and that we are bringing about his rightful destruction. There are many regional commanders who have stains on their souls and they are stoking the fires of Hell for Saddam. As they die they will know their deeds have brought them to this place. Show them no pity. But those who do not wish to go on that journey, we will not send. As for the others, I expect you to rock their world.

#6 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,647 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

Best wishes to Bradford Bulls and most of all to their fans
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#7 Oxford

Oxford
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

I am really glad for Bulls fans and hope this is just the beginning.

#8 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

Onwards and upwards for the Bulls.Let's hope there is no repeat of the past few years for them.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#9 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,712 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

I remain fully prepared to be let down again somewhere down the line; 3-weeks, 6-months, 2-years, whenever.

There will always be that nagging doubt in me now.

*sigh*

Same here - forgive me if I'm not exactly hanging out the bunting. John locked the last thread with a comment "the saga is finally over" - I'm sorry, I just don't think it is. Of course the guy has my best wishes - as does anyone wanting to put money into the club or the game. But there is a long way to go before I - or many other fans of the club - are convinced we won't be in the exact same position again soon.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#10 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,967 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

They need someone prepared to write off a million or 2 - is Mr Green good for the money? No mention of paying any old debts.

#11 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,177 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

Best of luck to him and the Bulls. Lets hope Mandy turns her attentions to the Bronco's now!

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#12 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,422 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

As others have said, best wishes to the club and particularly their fans who post here.

#13 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,026 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

As others have said, best wishes to the club and particularly their fans who post here.

:wub:  u 2.

We're off life-support, but we're still in a pretty shabby condition, the fans are still worried and will be for a while.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#14 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,917 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

There are two reasons for coming off life support. Lets trust it is the right one. Bulls really now have a fight on their hands as some Championship clubs  will have them in their sights next season.

Edited by JohnM, 26 March 2014 - 01:54 PM.

#15 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,026 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

However, I have just heard Mick Gledhill has booked his ticket for Old Trafford.

;)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#16 Errol Stock

Errol Stock
  • Coach
  • 484 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

Could never work out where the last owner came from. "Lifelong Supporter" my **se..

As it turns out - a complete shambles and plenty of missing money.

This time - it doesn't add up again. New owner puts us into admin and then buys the club. What are we to believe from a process completed in total silence.

We can only wonder what went on behind the scenes and if there has been any substance to the variety of accusations and statments flying around.

I have a profound distrust of "Administrators" and I think even less of "The RFL" - in who I have no faith or trust whatsoever.

I don't think its over for one minute - but at least the power supply to the life support machine is stablised.

#17 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,718 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

However, I have just heard Mick Gledhill has booked his ticket for Old Trafford.

;)

He doesn't pay anymore just tries blagging passes using his Bulls commentary story :D

#18 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

Even as a lifelong Rhino I sincerely hope this works out for the Bulls. If the full house derbies can return one day as well I'll be even happier.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#19 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,026 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:10 PM

If this sorry saga has taught us anything at all,

it's the word "debenture".

Although I don't really know what it means.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#20 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

Same here - forgive me if I'm not exactly hanging out the bunting. John locked the last thread with a comment "the saga is finally over" - I'm sorry, I just don't think it is. Of course the guy has my best wishes - as does anyone wanting to put money into the club or the game. But there is a long way to go before I - or many other fans of the club - are convinced we won't be in the exact same position again soon.

I think that was more along the lines of the saga of who will own them is over. There's still plenty more to come with the bulls

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users