Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bradford Bulls takeover complete

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#21 Errol Stock

Errol Stock
  • Coach
  • 484 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:22 PM

I think that was more along the lines of the saga of who will own them is over. There's still plenty more to come with the bulls

You may well be correct - this posting didn't take long

Oh dear

http://forums.rlfans...=2990#p17761583

#22 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

You may well be correct - this posting didn't take long

Oh dear

http://forums.rlfans...=2990#p17761583

I love the smell of conspiracy in the morning.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#23 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

Same here - forgive me if I'm not exactly hanging out the bunting. John locked the last thread with a comment "the saga is finally over" - I'm sorry, I just don't think it is. Of course the guy has my best wishes - as does anyone wanting to put money into the club or the game. But there is a long way to go before I - or many other fans of the club - are convinced we won't be in the exact same position again soon.

My comment was only intended to mean that the saga over who would win control of the club this time around was over.

A whole new saga on what happens next may only just be beginning. :fie:

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#24 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,696 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

My comment was only intended to mean that the saga over who would win control of the club this time around was over.

A whole new saga on what happens next may only just be beginning. :fie:

Fair enough John - I was just being a bit grumpy for the sake of it really!

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#25 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

Fair enough John - I was just being a bit grumpy for the sake of it really!

No worries. It's understandable in the circumstances. ;)

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#26 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

There's a nasty rumour going around (started by me, here) that as a cost cutting measure by the new owner the half time entertainment's going to be Mick G singing selections from Gilbert and Sullivan :shout: 

#27 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:34 PM

There's a nasty rumour going around (started by me, here) that as a cost cutting measure by the new owner the half time entertainment's going to be Mick G singing selections from Gilbert and Sullivan :shout: 

We can't even afford songs by Chas and Dave.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#28 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:41 PM

When the foeman bares his steel.
Tarantara! Tarantara!
We uncomfortable feel.
Tarantara! 

#29 Red Devils PAW

Red Devils PAW
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:22 PM

I get the impression someone isn't too enamoured with the action and demands of the RFL

http://www.thetelegr...ulls/?ref=var_0

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it

#30 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:45 PM

I mentioned eatlier in this thread that I don't see why the RFL couldn't wait a day or two for proof of funds to be proven. Seems a very odd situation all round.

RFL certainly copping it from all angles at the moment.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#31 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:15 AM

I mentioned eatlier in this thread that I don't see why the RFL couldn't wait a day or two for proof of funds to be proven. Seems a very odd situation all round.

RFL certainly copping it from all angles at the moment.

The acquisition by the new owner seems like some kind of insider trading with him having information as a creditor at the same time he was preparing to buy the club. It begs the question was he involved in the unseemly haste for the proof of funds demands in order to get his own bid approved before such proof was offered which might have undercut his bid.

The other bidder from London should be immediately steered towards the Broncos or the Cougars so they can directly compete against the Bulls in their own backyard ( just kidding ).

#32 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,716 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:36 AM

The only case of someone putting a company into administration and buying it back I know of, involved the biggest crook going. I aren't saying this is the case here but it doesn't inspire confidence IMO.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#33 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

League Express on Twitter just revealed that one of the parties involved in the Bradford Park Avenue consortium was a Bradford born Texas oil billionaire.

Edited by Saintslass, 27 March 2014 - 09:23 AM.

#34 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,835 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:41 AM

chip oil or crude oil?  :drag:

#35 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,829 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

League Express on Twitter just revealed that one of the parties involved in the Bradford Park Avenue consortium was a Bradford born Texas oil billionaire.

Hmmmm, and yet he wasn't able to outbid a bloke who runs a local security company......

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#36 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:11 AM

Hmmmm, and yet he wasn't able to outbid a bloke who runs a local security company......

Funny, tha'

#37 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,229 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:43 AM

I get the impression someone isn't too enamoured with the action and demands of the RFL

http://www.thetelegr...ulls/?ref=var_0

No doubt he will be back when they next go under.

:ph34r:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#38 BullBuilder

BullBuilder
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

BullBuilder, the Bradford Bulls’ Supporters’ Trust has welcomed news that the club had emerged from administration, having been bought by Marc Green.

BullBuilder chairman Mike Farren said “We sincerely hope that this news brings a long period of uncertainty to a close. As fans we’ve been as frustrated as everyone else by the lack of information about the process and the time it has taken. It’s a relief to see that the ownership of the club is re-solved and we’d like to welcome Marc Green and Steve Ferres to their new roles.

“We welcome Marc’s recognition that supporters, stakeholders and staff should work together to restore former glory and we’re now ready to play our part in achieving that.”

Against a backdrop of uncertainty BullBuilder held its AGM on 12 March and have already appointed a new board. Mike Farren commented:

“We’ve been pleasantly surprised by the amount of interest from existing and new members in helping BullBuilder help the club. With the cooperation of the new owners we’d welcome the opportunity to meet and discuss ways we can work together.”

“There is a lot of enthusiasm and a real desire to meet the challenge. The club has lots of work to do to restore the club’s fortunes and attempt to retain Super League status but there is a willingness on BullBuilder’s part to help if the new owner is open to working with us.”

BullBuilder will shortly be getting in touch with all existing and lapsed members with more information.

Bulls fans wishing find out more can visit the BullBuilder website at http://www.bullbuilder.co.uk/or write to BullBuilder, Bradford Rugby League Supporters Society Ltd, Suite 2 Buttershaw Works, Buttershaw Lane, Bradford, BD6 2DD. email: info@bullbuilder.co.uk

Edited by BullBuilder, 27 March 2014 - 01:23 PM.

#39 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

No - he wasn't WILLING to outbid a bloke who runs a local security company...

#40 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

For what it's worth it makes perfect sense to me that the business with the debenture gets to queue jump. What puzzles me is why they'd want to do so. I don't know what sort of creditor they were, but, while in many forms of commerce someone owed money can buy the business they often do so, so they can then on sell it. If they don't intend to do that then haven't they gone from being a trade creditor to someone whose heart and soul (and wallet) is behind the re birth of the Bulls? That seems really odd to me. I guess the true story will come out over time.
I wish the club and the fans well but this looks v dubious to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users