Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bradford Bulls takeover complete

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#41 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,460 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

For what it's worth it makes perfect sense to me that the business with the debenture gets to queue jump. What puzzles me is why they'd want to do so. I don't know what sort of creditor they were, but, while in many forms of commerce someone owed money can buy the business they often do so, so they can then on sell it. If they don't intend to do that then haven't they gone from being a trade creditor to someone whose heart and soul (and wallet) is behind the re birth of the Bulls? That seems really odd to me. I guess the true story will come out over time.
I wish the club and the fans well but this looks v dubious to me.

The same person put the club into administration in the first place. 

I find that very strange.

#42 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,898 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

No - he wasn't WILLING to outbid a bloke who runs a local security company...

Fair enough but the amount he'd need to have increased his bid by would have been pocket change to him. The term "backing their bid" can mean a few things. Was his backing in the form of promised cash investment ? Or was he backing it in the form of "good luck with your bid chaps, you have my backing" which is something entirely different !

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#43 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,741 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

The same person put the club into administration in the first place. 

I find that very strange.

He claims he was doing the club a favour (!) because we'd have been wound up by HMRC if he hadn't. I'd hope the truth will out, but I'm still waiting for the "truth" from three owners ago.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#44 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

Will he be paying the other creditors? This was a stipulation wasn't it?

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#45 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,898 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

Will he be paying the other creditors? This was a stipulation wasn't it?

Has he announced if he's going to honour season tickets yet ?

#46 Red Devils PAW

Red Devils PAW
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

Is he one of the numerous 'new owners' that has bought back the lease from the RFL that was once one of the conditions?

http://www.telegraph...ubs-future.html

I hope he has passed the 'Fit and Proper Person Test' or it will change again in a fortnight.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it

#47 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:08 PM

Has he announced if he's going to honour season tickets yet ?

You've lost me.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#48 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

Have any lessons been learnt from all this? Doesnt look like it with things still not clear and lots of mistrust involved. I hope the new people understand that the rebuilding of the Bulls has to be done properly and that may mean taking a´step or two backwards like being relegated and playing at a level they can afford for a while. I think they need to have a review first and sit down with Francis Cummins and plan a strategy for the future with life outside of SL and how they can slowly build the club both on and off the field. The club has many obstacles still to overcome and people need to understand the pain is not over and that just because the club has new owners, the same problems are still there. What is important is how it looks to overcome them

#49 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,898 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

You've lost me.

As I understand it, he has not yet given a commitment to honour the current season tickets. If he decides not to then those people have lost their money and will have to pay on the gate like everyone else.

#50 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:32 PM

I assume he will honour it.

#51 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,741 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

If he didn't honour the season tickets, that would be about the stupidest thing he could do at this stage. You'd alienate a heck of a lot of the fanbase

Have any lessons been learnt from all this? Doesnt look like it with things still not clear and lots of mistrust involved.

Well he's only been in 48 hours, so it's a bit early to tell...!

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#52 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,142 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

Rebuilding of the Bulls has to be done properly and that may mean taking a´step or two backwards like being relegated.

What are you talking about, how is being relegated a great way to grow your club. You do remember Halifax being relegated many years ago don't you?

Anyway they aren't falling for it, Mr. Green has already set a target of "Superleague Survival"

#53 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

What are you talking about, how is being relegated a great way to grow your club. You do remember Halifax being relegated many years ago don't you?

Anyway they aren't falling for it, Mr. Green has already set a target of "Superleague Survival"

Which in the circumstances is realistic,  and i would think the majority of Bulls fans would be reasonably happy with.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#54 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,706 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:56 PM

What about all the examples of clubs that are now doing well who have been relegated in the past?

As far as I know, only Warrington haven't been relegated, so just quoting Halifax is once again very selective.

If a club can't afford to function at SL level, then they will drop to their relevant level.

Relegation didn't mess Halifax up, they were a mess in SL. Same with Oldham and Workington.

#55 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,142 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:08 PM

1. What about all the examples of clubs that are now doing well who have been relegated in the past?

2. Relegation didn't mess Halifax up, they were a mess in SL. Same with Oldham and Workington.

1. Like who and how did being relegated help them?

2. Now that IS strange logic. perhaps you can explain why Mr. Green thinks staying up is his preferred option? After all he can get a parachute payment if the club goes down this year.

Edited by The Parksider, 28 March 2014 - 05:10 PM.

#56 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:06 PM

2. Now that IS strange logic. perhaps you can explain why Mr. Green thinks staying up is his preferred option? After all he can get a parachute payment if the club goes down this year.

Could it be that he sees a short way down the road, A SL and a lot of lesser clubs, ( much the same as we have now really ) Also he might think that for the Bulls to come back from relegation could be harder for them than most, I can see sense in that simply because their expences ground wise must be a lot heavier.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#57 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,142 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:14 PM

he (Mr. Green) might think that for the Bulls to come back from relegation could be harder for them than most, I can see sense in that simply because their expenses ground wise must be a lot heavier.

So where's the logic in the idea that it's a good idea to be relegated because somehow it allows you to come back stronger?

#58 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,706 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

So where's the logic in the idea that it's a good idea to be relegated because somehow it allows you to come back stronger?

i dont think anybody reckons relegatiin is a good thing, however a good club will take that in their stride and bounce back.
The reality is if you cant afford SL then you shouldnt be in it. If you cant afford Championship, then you shouldnt be in that either.
Artificially keeping clubs above what they can afford is not good for anyone.

#59 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,706 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

dunno, this has nothing to do with what I said.

#60 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,706 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

again, you go off at a tangent and make up your own argument. I didnt say relegation helped them, my point is relegation isnt the death sentence people believe, otherwise there would only be Warrington in SL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users