Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Press vendetta

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:42 PM

Is there anyone who like me believes that the Manchester evening news group are carrying out a vendetta against the Lions? There was no mention of the Lions match against Barrow in mondays evening news and yet there was a small article on Rochdales match. Worse still there wasn't a word about the Lions in this weeks Advertiser[which is part of the M.E.N.group]. Yet there was a full report on Eccles match against Normanton.What the Hell is going on with these papers? The sports editor has got to be completely biased against us and as for the rugby reporter or should i call him the Salford reds reporter is a complete joke and should be sacked.We need all the press we can get to stay alive and yet our local press chooses to ignore us,a total disgrace, shame on you manchester press.

#2 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

They're a complete and utter disgrace and have been that way for so many years. They are obviously rotten to the core, so much so, that any half decent publication would have shown the door to the likes of Barker many moons ago.

Why they have apparently had such a downer on our beloved Lions for many years now is one of the true mysteries of the modern age. I stopped patronising their grubby dailies ages ago, they are plainly one of the prominent fully paid up members of the Gutter Press Club.

The only good thing their so called newspapers are for is putting straight into the recycling somewhere.

#3 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 440 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:37 PM

I would use them for toilet paper, nothing else would be good enough for the pink rags. Maybe we should all collaborate and produce our own online paper and maybe deluge the phone in on GMR aka Salford sounds with complaints about the coverage we get.

#4 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

I have written to the MEN several times telling them about things they have done wrong and have also offered to send them some reports but as usual nothing is heard.

I expect we will be all over the paper if the doctor gets his plans passed

#5 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:22 AM

...and have also offered to send them some reports but as usual nothing is heard.

Yes Ian, we've all tried in vain to do the impossible. No wonder we're all nearly blue-in-the-face.

Might as well make contact with a brick wall.

#6 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:25 AM

Do the Advertiser send somebody to Swinton games or do they rely on Ian to send reports in? I send them in for Eccles ARLFC by e-mail on a Sunday morning. They have cut the sports pages down so I guess they print what ever comes in first. That wasn't the full report on Eccles this week by the way. Before they cut the space down they used to print my reports in full. About 3 weeks back they even printed a report I sent in on our youth teams but that stopped because the other clubs complained. In the past, when ever clubs started claiming bias they just stopped printing Rugby League reports altogether, apart from Salford of course.

#7 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

...Salford of course.

Of course!

#8 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:49 AM

When I dared to criticise Gareth walker a few weeks ago I was lambasted! I know I was a little harsh but the press really don't deserve our support
Everything you need is on line
Simply stop buying and or reading them

#9 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

Do the Advertiser send somebody to Swinton games or do they rely on Ian to send reports in? I send them in for Eccles ARLFC by e-mail on a Sunday morning. They have cut the sports pages down so I guess they print what ever comes in first. That wasn't the full report on Eccles this week by the way. Before they cut the space down they used to print my reports in full. About 3 weeks back they even printed a report I sent in on our youth teams but that stopped because the other clubs complained. In the past, when ever clubs started claiming bias they just stopped printing Rugby League reports altogether, apart from Salford of course.

Hi Kenny

I send my reports to Salford Online and they obviously have a link with the advertiser.

#10 Peewagg

Peewagg
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:35 PM

Since Greater Manchester Weekly Newspapers 'sold out' their distribution to Trinity Mirror Group 2-3 years ago, their capcity for local reporting has been decimated. There are no longer offices based in the locality they represent and editors are/were all based in Middleton. ALL publications are printed in Liverpool (Echo) and 'shipped' down the M62 every night! When was the last time you saw an M.E.N. truck? Channel M was an attempt at an alternative approach, but was massively unaffordable. No excuse for what is mentioned in above posts, but a sad and inevitable sign of these digital times.
The Phones 4 U Arena doesn't have the same ring to it either, does it?

#11 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:39 PM

Hello Ian. Alfrieda puts our reports on Salford on line mate, but if we don't send a report by e-mail to the paper as well it doesn't get printed. Lets see what happens this week. I sent our report in on Saturday night. Swintons reports should be in the local paper. Good luck against York and hopefully a good pay day in round 5.

#12 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:45 PM

Good luck against Fev Kenny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users