TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Peace breaks out in Perpignan!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:59 AM

http://www.catalansd...-fois-de-rugby/

Widnes game on the 12th of April.

The Dragons and USAP have worked together to avoid a clash of KO times, and on top of that are letting season ticket holders of each others club get in to the others gaff for nowt.  

The comments from the two presidents are splendid.  It reads like they were both being toasted over hot coals and told to say something nice.

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#2 Hvy wg

Hvy wg
  • Coach
  • 569 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

USAP stadium and Catalans one are both full of void. They're half empty.

#3 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

Tim doesn't it say also people paying on the day are also included. Buy a ticket for one and use the same for other game. When Kevin Walters coached the Dragons I think there was some link on the coaching side with USAP but their previous President Goze who is now the national boss of the Top 14 comp would have no truck with the Dragons or rugby league in general. He fought the city council's decision to build the new west stand at Brutus and had only contempt for the treize.

Both clubs presently at wrong end of the tables. USAP should be OK with a bit of breathing space with just three or so games to play. The two clashed last Sat when Dragons drew 6600 for Giants game and USAP pulled 9300 against Bayonne both kicked off at 6.30pm. Knowing the feelings between the foes one wouldn't expect many doing the two on April 12th but I'm sure there will be some who may well give it a go. We'll see.

Edited by audois, 28 March 2014 - 01:35 PM.

si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#4 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,891 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

It would be interesting to see how many fans take up the offer.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#5 CrushersForever

CrushersForever
  • Coach
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:13 PM

I could use this ticket to see the USAP match. Or I could roll it up and poke it in my eye... Yeah, think I'll just do that.

#6 sgorpioncaerdyddrob

sgorpioncaerdyddrob
  • Coach
  • 359 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

Have thought maybe we should do the same ourselves with Maesteg rather than just going to Blackwood over the summer when the pitch is pulled up but the fixtures haven't landed in our favour there really.

CARDIFF CITY RUGBY LEAGUE FOOTBALL CLUB cardiffrugbyleague.com
BLUE BLUE BLUE DRAGONS!
Rygbi Gynghrair Cymru am byth

#7 Oxford

Oxford
  • Coach
  • 717 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:55 AM

Call me a cynic but USAP have come to this at a time when the Dragons haven't been playing so well after all the other seasons when
it could have been done. Too many years of experience with "that which can't be bashed here" to accept anything other than a search
for the hidden meaning and agenda behind it. Now if french (sport not to be named) gave even some of the stolen funds back and
publicly apologised for its past misdemeanours, transgressions and general wrongdoings even I would have to admit defeat and say
peace has truly broken out! A bit of sensible ticket sharing doesn't quite cover it for me.

#8 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:21 AM

Perhaps I should have added an emoticon or two……   :biggrin:  :ph34r:

It is very, very rare to see a USAP jumper at a Dragons game.  And on the one occasion when I crossed the rubicon (last year, v Edinburgh, I know, peccavi)  I was the only one I could see in a Dragons bit of expensive tat.

Me and Audois well remember turning up to Aime Giral to watch the Elite final, only to find that the dressing rooms had been padlocked and only one turnstile open.

The codes are still pretty well distant in my experience.  As I said in the OP, the comments from the two presidents say it all!

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#9 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:19 PM

See Welshman James Hook and Thomas Bosc linking up here..before Saturdays joint promotion of Widnes & Oyonnax opposition.

http://www.youtube.c...gRi_ikPvpY#t=12
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"

#10 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

It would be interesting to see how many fans take up the offer.

Well I would say a hell of a lot! Pleasantly surprised. Biggest crowd for a long time at Brutus. According to the local wrag 9,588 and later at Aime-Giral 13,352. It was chaotic at the turnstiles at Brutus with a large crowd trying to get in a quarter of an hour before kick off. A nice problem to have then?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users