Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury v Wigan

Repeat of 1st Wembely Final

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:31 PM

Well tell me NICKD where are the first choice players out of them 5, now when you play the crusaders with the lads from WIDNES i think not,it just that these lads come from WIGAN

#22 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:47 PM

I'd be ashamed of my club and probs consider jacking it in if my club took 5 first choice bulls.. It's making the game a laughing stock tbh. Like what's been said. Kids under 23 trying to make it in superleague I also have no problem with but players like jack Hughes and Gil dudson is abusing the system

Of course you would, I bet you complained last year when your club used Bulls players as well!! Where do you get "first choice" players from? Young Murphy from Wigan who is playing tomorrow spent last season at SW Scorpions, Jordan James was also playing outside of SL (I think, not sure), Connor Farrell was playing in the Under 20's, Dudson isn't a first choice prop and only Jack Hughes is a true fringe player of Wigan's first team, but don't let the facts get in the way just because it's Wigan players.

EDIT: Jordan James played 1 game for Salford plus 40 appearances as a sub in 2012 - 13.

Edited by Keith T, 29 March 2014 - 10:52 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#23 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:13 PM

keith you need to get your facts right if your going to try to prove a point

cameron played in the game gardner played in last season so wasn't dropped, calvert was unavailable due to a christening and flemming was injured!!!!!!!!!

and crellin is not a prop so how is hand(who is 21 ) taking his place, when crellin a LF has been playing??

i tell you what i wont do if the club drafted in 5 saints players....defend them like i have said when gadner was brought in it wrong  and jus cause its my team doing it does not make it right

#24 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:31 PM

cameron played in the game gardner played in last season so wasn't dropped, calvert was unavailable due to a christening and flemming was injured!!!!!!!!!

and crellin is not a prop so how is hand(who is 21 ) taking his place, when crellin a LF has been playing??

i tell you what i wont do if the club drafted in 5 saints players....defend them like i have said when gadner was brought in it wrong and jus cause its my team doing it does not make it right

Tears! Give me more tears! lol. I dont even mind if Town come away with nowt from tomorrow now i know you're creaming your knickers over whats happening ;):O

#25 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:35 PM

Haven4ever have,ant seen you on the HUNSLET forum about them playing 2 of leeds first team players,as per usual its just because its TOWN get over it mate your just a obsessed about TOWN.

#26 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:49 PM

i tell you what i wont do if the club drafted in 5 saints players....defend them like i have said when gadner was brought in it wrong  and jus cause its my team doing it does not make it right

Okay here's a fact Makinson played at Hunslet when Fleming was left out. Walker played when Seb Martins was left out not injured just not fit enough according to the coach.

How is Jordan James taking the place of young Duerden at Town if that's your argument because Duerden isn't a prop, neither is Lucock?

We are not defending Town for bringing in 5 players when we are short staffed but for 2 seasons the lack of using DR has cost us dearly when we run out of players.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#27 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:02 AM

Without these Wigan lads town would have only 16 players fit!

#28 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:52 AM

Jack Hughes and Gill Dudson play nearly every week for wigan and are experienced first teamers.
They was involved in wigan's grand final last year to so are bound to make a difference.
Jordan James was always a regular at salford last season to think your meaning more then 150 plus super leagues between them.
We have used no dual reg this season and we only had maybe two last year 5 at one time is a farce.
Players in your team will be getting unsettled. we had it last season when one of our own players was dropped on the day due to been micheal platt being played and walked out on the club due to this and he was a good player to.
This will be no good to your club in the long run you'll lose your younger players cause of this.

#29 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:06 AM

Okay here's a fact Makinson played at Hunslet when Fleming was left out. Walker played when Seb Martins was left out not injured just not fit enough according to the coach.

How is Jordan James taking the place of young Duerden at Town if that's your argument because Duerden isn't a prop, neither is Lucock?

We are not defending Town for bringing in 5 players when we are short staffed but for 2 seasons the lack of using DR has cost us dearly when we run out of players.

Where did say he was taking the place of durden or lucock,but using your reasoning as mcgoof and rowly are both props then  think  James and dudson must be taking there place.Keith is it true rowly,hanney,durden all want released .Use who ever you want but the hypocrisy is laughable just like last season when you all defend carter being dropped for briscoe 

#30 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:25 AM

Correction - no club "has to live with it" nor "use it to their advantage". That is an issue of choice; Sheffield have coped without for example.

Not the best example BSJ - eagles don't need to rely on a SL fairy godmother to bail them out because they have a "special relationship" with a local college, that allows them to call on the services of quality SH players - a luxury not afforded to the rest of us. No better, or worse than manipulating the DR system IMO. Don't know why there is such an outcry about clubs milking the DR system though. As a club, we made the mistake of tying ourselves to the coat tails of the second most unstable and ill equipped  club in SL, who TBH just haven't anybody to lend us. Do we really believe though, that if GM were offered the loan services of four or five quality SL players he wouldn't take them ? You bet your life he would - it's his job to do his best for the club. This is a critical season, every coaches job is on the line, not to mention the possible futures of their clubs,  and all of them will do what it takes to survive by fair means or foul. Workington got lucky with their partner club, and we didn't - we have to live with that, and hope that what we have is good enough.

#31 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

looks like you will be playing wigan 2 weeks on the trott, 5 wigan players in the jameaters team for tomorrow :tongue:

Oh my sides are splitting what a funny man you are, you should be on a stage, sweeping it obviously.  

See you don't go on the Town forum anymore after you showed yourself

over the players on the bus argument.  Strange that...

Edited by topladtownie, 30 March 2014 - 10:32 AM.

#32 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

banned off mate, seems your lot don't like the truth 

#33 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,053 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:58 AM

Not the best example BSJ - eagles don't need to rely on a SL fairy godmother to bail them out because they have a "special relationship" with a local college, that allows them to call on the services of quality SH players - a luxury not afforded to the rest of us. No better, or worse than manipulating the DR system IMO. Don't know why there is such an outcry about clubs milking the DR system though. As a club, we made the mistake of tying ourselves to the coat tails of the second most unstable and ill equipped  club in SL, who TBH just haven't anybody to lend us. Do we really believe though, that if GM were offered the loan services of four or five quality SL players he wouldn't take them ? You bet your life he would - it's his job to do his best for the club. This is a critical season, every coaches job is on the line, not to mention the possible futures of their clubs,  and all of them will do what it takes to survive by fair means or foul. Workington got lucky with their partner club, and we didn't - we have to live with that, and hope that what we have is good enough.

A perfectly good example actually GOR. Sheffield are their own masters; those who are reliant upon DR aren't. The simple implication of your stance, and apparently many others, is that we should just by totally pragmatic and accept whatever is thrown at us. I for one am perfectly happy that we aren't using any DR players so far this season, and hope that this continues. Coaches come and coaches go, and their personal motivations are very different from those of the supporters.

In my opinion Championship clubs will ultimately lose further support were the system to spread to the creation of "SL junior clubs". You may be happy to support the shirt no matter who wears it - I certainly wouldn't.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#34 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

:tongue:  :tongue:  :sleep:  :tongue: 

#35 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

keith " shoe horning  wigan players into positions where we dont need cover is killing us " quote form a jam fan.....does this not back up what i said ...... :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:  :sleep:  #jampiesbeatagain

#36 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:32 PM

Haven4ever, today was Vievers fourth game in charge and he has seen all our players play other than the long term injured so let's see what he does in future games. I mean look at your own coach Dave Woods, how many games has he had at Haven, 30 odd(?) and he still can't get it right. And incidentally, Hand played some games in the second row when Crellin didn't get to play, bot back row forwards then!!!! #obsessedwithtown

#37 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:37 PM

Haven4ever, today was Vievers fourth game in charge and he has seen all our players play other than the long term injured so let's see what he does in future games. I mean look at your own coach Dave Woods, how many games has he had at Haven, 30 odd(?) and he still can't get it right. And incidentally, Hand played some games in the second row when Crellin didn't get to play, bot back row forwards then!!!! #obsessedwithtown

clutching at straws there keith , hand has only ever played prop...why were mcgoof , rowly,2 props  not playing today you fail to answer that question. 5 pieseaters and still tonked...not looking good keith 

#38 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

clutching at straws there keith , hand has only ever played prop...why were mcgoof , rowly,2 props  not playing today you fail to answer that question. 5 pieseaters and still tonked...not looking good keith

I don't think McGoff has been at training and Rowlandson isn't up to Championship standard. Isn't that why Haven didn't want him?

I notice you also never commented on my point about Makinson and Walker. I see it took you all of 13 minutes to re-post wonky's post on the Haven forum. And you say you are not obsessed with Town. Even your own fans are starting to agree with that!!

#39 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:18 PM

oh dear keith you know you have lost the debate when you move off the subject and start talking about me 

#40 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

Do you think you two could argue on your own boards!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users