Repeat of 1st Wembely Final

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:31 PM

cant they banned me off for telling the truth  ;) .. good win for you today against the jampies

#42 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:44 AM

Jack Hughes got an hat trick for engkand knights v Samoa... Ps. Hope the lad who went to pinderfields is ok by the way, any news???

#43 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:06 AM

Now can we have our forum back?

:tongue:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#44 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:20 AM

oh ok go on then ;) ,

#45 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:27 AM

A perfectly good example actually GOR. Sheffield are their own masters; those who are reliant upon DR aren't. The simple implication of your stance, and apparently many others, is that we should just by totally pragmatic and accept whatever is thrown at us. I for one am perfectly happy that we aren't using any DR players so far this season, and hope that this continues. Coaches come and coaches go, and their personal motivations are very different from those of the supporters.

In my opinion Championship clubs will ultimately lose further support were the system to spread to the creation of "SL junior clubs". You may be happy to support the shirt no matter who wears it - I certainly wouldn't.

We'll have to agree to disagree about Sheffield BSJ - reliant on the council to sort out their ground problems, reliant on their cosy little arrangement with the college for some of their better players (how long before the government jobsworths step in), and reliant on a few very good sponsors - and we all know how fickle they can be. Just saying, they are not the best example of self reliance, but good luck to them anyway. My stance on DR is much the same as yours BSJ - I'm agin it, but maybe if it had actually worked for us I might have been more receptive. Point is though, none of the clubs who rely heavily on DR are breaking any rules, and I can't see the point in banging on about it until they do. Some posters are taking the moral high ground simply because our squad is large (or unwieldy) enough not to require them, but I'd pose the question,  why did we feel the need to field a loanee on sunday, who sustained severe mouth injuries the previous week, and should in all honesty not have been deemed fit to play by coaching staff, medical staff or indeed his parent club ? I'd say that the club had a duty of care to young Lucas, but chose to ignore it either because he is so highly rated, or because the players who could have replaced him aren't considered fit for purpose - seemed an odd decision to me. Just one question for you BSJ - you don't agree with DR, but where do you stand on loan signings ?

#46 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

We'll have to agree to disagree about Sheffield BSJ - reliant on the council to sort out their ground problems, reliant on their cosy little arrangement with the college for some of their better players (how long before the government jobsworths step in), and reliant on a few very good sponsors - and we all know how fickle they can be. Just saying, they are not the best example of self reliance, but good luck to them anyway. My stance on DR is much the same as yours BSJ - I'm agin it, but maybe if it had actually worked for us I might have been more receptive. Point is though, none of the clubs who rely heavily on DR are breaking any rules, and I can't see the point in banging on about it until they do. Some posters are taking the moral high ground simply because our squad is large (or unwieldy) enough not to require them, but I'd pose the question, why did we feel the need to field a loanee on sunday, who sustained severe mouth injuries the previous week, and should in all honesty not have been deemed fit to play by coaching staff, medical staff or indeed his parent club ? I'd say that the club had a duty of care to young Lucas, but chose to ignore it either because he is so highly rated, or because the players who could have replaced him aren't considered fit for purpose - seemed an odd decision to me. Just one question for you BSJ - you don't agree with DR, but where do you stand on loan signings ?

I don't agree with D/R. Look at Hunslet and Workington yesterday and how many have Batley used over recent weeks. In regards to loaning players I think they should only be used to cover injuries.

#47 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

We'll have to agree to disagree about Sheffield BSJ - reliant on the council to sort out their ground problems, reliant on their cosy little arrangement with the college for some of their better players (how long before the government jobsworths step in), and reliant on a few very good sponsors - and we all know how fickle they can be. Just saying, they are not the best example of self reliance, but good luck to them anyway. My stance on DR is much the same as yours BSJ - I'm agin it, but maybe if it had actually worked for us I might have been more receptive. Point is though, none of the clubs who rely heavily on DR are breaking any rules, and I can't see the point in banging on about it until they do. Some posters are taking the moral high ground simply because our squad is large (or unwieldy) enough not to require them, but I'd pose the question, why did we feel the need to field a loanee on sunday, who sustained severe mouth injuries the previous week, and should in all honesty not have been deemed fit to play by coaching staff, medical staff or indeed his parent club ? I'd say that the club had a duty of care to young Lucas, but chose to ignore it either because he is so highly rated, or because the players who could have replaced him aren't considered fit for purpose - seemed an odd decision to me. Just one question for you BSJ - you don't agree with DR, but where do you stand on loan signings ?

I'm fine with loans GOR as in my view the two are quite different in reality. The key thing that I am against is the potential for the control of a Championship club by a SL one. In my distinctly parochial view this would signal the end of my relationship with my club if this were ever to happen.

On the specifics I was also surprised to see Walshaw play yesterday but he had returned to Wakefield for assessment after his injury. To say that Dewsbury were in dereliction of their duty of care in this case is either simply ignorant of the facts or disingenuous. Only you know which.

If you're not careful I'll come and sit next to you in future.

😆
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#48 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

I'm fine with loans GOR as in my view the two are quite different in reality. The key thing that I am against is the potential for the control of a Championship club by a SL one. In my distinctly parochial view this would signal the end of my relationship with my club if this were ever to happen.

On the specifics I was also surprised to see Walshaw play yesterday but he had returned to Wakefield for assessment after his injury. To say that Dewsbury were in dereliction of their duty of care in this case is either simply ignorant of the facts or disingenuous. Only you know which.

If you're not careful I'll come and sit next to you in future.

the truth is BSJ, I don't have all the facts, only those put out in the public domain, which as I understood it suggested Lucas had a mouth injury bad enough to require the reattachment of part of his tongue - if those facts were exaggerated then I apologise for any criticism of the club. If those facts are accurate, then given the RFL's stance on head injuries (of which the mouth is an integral part if my memory serves correct), then playing him might not have been the wisest decision or in the players best interests. I'm sure that the club would have made the decision to play him based on medical advice given, so I'm not suggesting any impropriety in that respect, but whether it was a sensible idea is another matter, given that he is hardly a vital cog in the wheel, and could easily have been replaced. Brave lad for wanting to be involved, but he looked (understandably) apprehensive when he got the ball, and didn't seem to be involved in the interchanges. Didn't mean to be disingenuous in any way BSJ, and ignorant of the facts, well possibly - I do know from personal experience though, that injuries like that don't get better in a week. 

#49 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

the truth is BSJ, I don't have all the facts, only those put out in the public domain, which as I understood it suggested Lucas had a mouth injury bad enough to require the reattachment of part of his tongue - if those facts were exaggerated then I apologise for any criticism of the club. If those facts are accurate, then given the RFL's stance on head injuries (of which the mouth is an integral part if my memory serves correct), then playing him might not have been the wisest decision or in the players best interests. I'm sure that the club would have made the decision to play him based on medical advice given, so I'm not suggesting any impropriety in that respect, but whether it was a sensible idea is another matter, given that he is hardly a vital cog in the wheel, and could easily have been replaced. Brave lad for wanting to be involved, but he looked (understandably) apprehensive when he got the ball, and didn't seem to be involved in the interchanges. Didn't mean to be disingenuous in any way BSJ, and ignorant of the facts, well possibly - I do know from personal experience though, that injuries like that don't get better in a week. 

Eddie Rombo - thanks for the pm - seems young Lucas is too brave for his own good.

#50 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

Eddie Rombo - thanks for the pm - seems young Lucas is too brave for his own good.

I thought he took the ball up well yesterday and I hope we can extend his loan from Wakefield.

#51 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

Any update on ticket sales? Are Wigan selling out of all of theirs?

#52 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

Just spoke to a fan on twitter who's getting his tmora so tickets are still selling. Last number i heard was Sunday when sawyer said 900+ had been sold from dewsbury but 200 season ticket holders had yet to get tickets. Not sure if wigans sold all 1500 allocation yet. Imsure if we push it abit more this week we could sell around 1300 to dewsbury public. Clearly still people interested, if we push it advertising it for aday or so I reckon we can attract more. Wev probs sold over 1k now but no official statement as yet

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 01 April 2014 - 04:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users