Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Attendance at Hull FC v Salford last night.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

#21 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,731 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:00 PM

http://www.thereddev...traveltohullfc/
Hmmm.....Dr Marwans massed Hoards of Devils didn't make the trip on Friday...what odds 6 days later.

My Hull FC supporting mate Alan might be interested, he lives in Bury.

At least he'll swell the numbers...

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#22 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:14 AM

http://www.thereddev...traveltohullfc/

Hmmm.....Dr Marwans massed Hoards of Devils didn't make the trip on Friday...what odds 6 days later.

Given that the coach leaves Salford before 17:00 - giving people no time to get away from work - and arrives back around 01:00, leaving people to make the onward journey home via late night public transport and with work the next morning, I'd guess not very many.

#23 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

Why the hell is this match being played on Thursday night? It is hell doing the trans pennine om a Friday evening but Thurs adds the complication of work next day.

At least they are not clashing with Hulls top RL team or the Tigers! But that still left Friday night.

And we are told Rovers ko is 2pm so that they can be in the live TV draw immediately after the match.

Why are Hudds v Saints at 2pm!

#24 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

Why the hell is this match being played on Thursday night? It is hell doing the trans pennine om a Friday evening but Thurs adds the complication of work next day.

At least they are not clashing with Hulls top RL team or the Tigers! But that still left Friday night.

And we are told Rovers ko is 2pm so that they can be in the live TV draw immediately after the match.

Why are Hudds v Saints at 2pm!

Aren't they the TV game.

#25 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

It's because we play Hudds on the Thursday the week after I think.

#26 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

There isn't a tv game on thurs this week.

Why would playing hudd next thursday count, hudd are playing on Sunday so they have a short turnround.

Thursday is surely an insult to the fans when not on tv.

My guess is that Hull City are at home on Saturday

#27 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,731 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

It's all Hudgell's fault.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#28 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:26 PM

You are right. Hudgells put together a package at KR that Hull cannot match.....they must be running scared, trying anything to be different.

And no doubt you will blame Travis next!

#29 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:18 AM

Seems strange that Hull should be allowed to schedule this fixture for their own convenience and without the agreement of Salford. Marwan was well vexed about it. I thought cup match scheduling involved some form of negotiation between the two clubs, but it appears not.

#30 Red Devils PAW

Red Devils PAW
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:56 AM

On the day the CC draw was made it was stated that the games would be played on the weekend of the 4th,5th and 6th April.

This proves it to be clearly untrue.

Something is undervalued - either the competition,or the supporters;or both.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it

#31 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,324 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:10 AM

I think unfortunately Thursday is seen as a matchday nowadays. I enjoy watching games on Sky on Thursday, but I do think it is too problematic for schedulers and we should stick to Fri/Sat/Sun unless dictated to by Sky.

#32 brooza

brooza
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

Hull City are playing Saturday so that rules out that and Friday night.

Not sure why Sunday wasn't used though

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#33 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

I was told last week that Hull can and do play Friday games at home b4 The Tigers play on the Saturday.
The RFL stated w/e of 4-6th April so why have Hull been allowed to play Thursday. The gate will be low so not in interest of the fans....who is the game for?

#34 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,378 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

I was told last week that Hull can and do play Friday games at home b4 The Tigers play on the Saturday.
The RFL stated w/e of 4-6th April so why have Hull been allowed to play Thursday. The gate will be low so not in interest of the fans....who is the game for?

It's happened during the current Premier League season, Hull v Catalan on Friday 13th September 2013 followed by Hull City v Cardiff City on Saturday 14th.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#35 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:38 PM

So why Thursday this week?

#36 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:44 AM

So why Thursday this week?

Can you not see that we don't know!
Posted Image

#37 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,731 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:27 AM

I understand that the majority of Salford fans travelling over tonight are schoolkids and, as you know, Thursday's child has far to go.....

#38 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:51 AM

Nice one OF but be advised don't go "tonight".

Wellsy....Because nobody knows why hasnt somebody asked the club, seems like something the fans should be told.

Boycott the game tomorrow!

#39 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:41 AM

Is it me or are you all missing the point!

Hull Play their next 3 games on a Thursday so surely it's been done to give the team the maximum amount of recovery time (sorry to state the bleedin obvious!)

B)

Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#40 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:20 AM

Roy Boy.....you cannot be srious, can you.

The Challenge Cup press release stated ties to be played 5th-7th April, hardly necessary as Cup games are always at the weekend, other than replays in the good old days.

Thursday night games in RL have only been scheduled by exception on a Thursday night for the benefit of TV coverage. It is a well established fact that fans do not like having home or especially away games on a Thursday.

Is this game being played for the entertainment of the fans or for the benefit of a Hull team that you suggest NEED a 7 day turnround. Even though their next opponents have been forced into a 4 day turnround through TV demands.

Let this go without comment and it will become a common option. What chance do away fans have getting to a match 70 miles away on a weekday night. And there are enough Hull fans who struggle to make it for a Friday never mind Thursday. No wonder the Cup is struggling to get supporters out.

The bleeding obvious is that some clubs care FA for their fans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users