Leigh east

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

Sad to hear that dave radley as stepped down as coach at leigh east , given time and support he would have done a great job , both open age teams bottom , needs sorting quick

#2 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:49 PM

Who will they bring in?

Kilshaw?

#3 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 554 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:57 PM

Such a shame how one of the great amateur clubs can crash like this one has done

#4 legend killer

legend killer
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:01 PM

Just goes to show when you try and buy success, does 1 good year justify the club falling to bits

Edited by legend killer, 30 March 2014 - 06:05 AM.

#5 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

Kilshaw would be the perfect choice , but with the present committe I don't think it will happen . Danny is getting good money at tyldesley ru club . When you look at Danny's record at east from being a six year old it breaks your heart to see how they have treated him

#6 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 479 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:24 AM

Hope everything works out for Leigh East all clubs have a purple patch sometime in their history and invariably bounce back which I'm sure they will. Looking forward to coming to East in the cup it's been a while since Crosfields and Easts have played each other

#7 kaykie

kaykie
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:49 AM

Just goes to show when you try and buy success, does 1 good year justify the club falling to bits

they didnt buy success lads came to the club to better themselves and it was proved right because they all are now playing pro and earning money, its the club that needs a overall because with losing so many quality players it needs to attract players and to do that it has to make the club appealing which at the moment its not, the club has been through this before when it lost about 15 players to the pro ranks after we ran bradford close in the 90s and they rebuit and came back strong, I hope the club has a whole realise it needs to change and start getting people back down because at the moment its losing more than its getting back

#8 legend killer

legend killer
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:16 AM

What has happened at east for all these long serving players to leave like kilshaw?, I hear a lot about the committee being the root of many of the problems there, what are they doing to mess things up so badly?

#9 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 784 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:31 AM

What has happened at east for all these long serving players to leave like kilshaw?, I hear a lot about the committee being the root of many of the problems there, what are they doing to mess things up so badly?

Who is running the club now Mr C?

What is the make up of the committee and who is on it?

#10 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:37 AM

Dave Coyle is now rugby chairman , IMO the problem is that dave and his committee have no open age experience at all between all of them . Dave radley had to do everything as well as coaching the team , he was even ordering the bus to away games . It doesn't look like the committee gave him a lot of support

#11 kaykie

kaykie
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

Dave Coyle is now rugby chairman , IMO the problem is that dave and his committee have no open age experience at all between all of them . Dave radley had to do everything as well as coaching the team , he was even ordering the bus to away games . It doesn't look like the committee gave him a lot of support

what do u class as everything keith, I know dave and chris wanted to change things and involve social media more , even just to try and promote the club and try and get new players down but the club wouldnt back um

#12 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:17 AM

Just the simple things that dave and chris wanted , the match day experience was zero . You need solid people who know how it runs and dave and chris didn't have that . Janet Pendlebury basically took all that out of the coaches hands , so that the coaches could get on with what they do best . I feel for dave and chris both good honest lads who want the best for leigh east . They will miss dave and the question is who takes the role now and will the committee give that person the support .

You have to look were the club are in open age terms and IMO it doesn't look good so there is something wrong . The lads who are coaching or were Coaching were the right lads . The club needs to have a good look at itself .

#13 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:17 AM

the club needs a massive shake up behind the scenes to get the right people back involved (east people from grasmere street)not the people who jumped on the bandwagon at LSV and haven't a clue what the proper Leigh east is about. Until then they will continue to struggle on the field. The problem is though now will these long serving ex players committee members return after what has gone on over the last 2/3 years

#14 kaykie

kaykie
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:29 AM

Just the simple things that dave and chris wanted , the match day experience was zero . You need solid people who know how it runs and dave and chris didn't have that . Janet Pendlebury basically took all that out of the coaches hands , so that the coaches could get on with what they do best . I feel for dave and chris both good honest lads who want the best for leigh east . They will miss dave and the question is who takes the role now and will the committee give that person the support .

You have to look were the club are in open age terms and IMO it doesn't look good so there is something wrong . The lads who are coaching or were Coaching were the right lads . The club needs to have a good look at itself .

exactly pal, I know dave and chris wanted people helping with the whole match day experience, the things that seem small to people that dont understand but w
ithout these things the whole thing become a shambles and it becomes just like a pub side without the crac, u know before the season started what dave and chris wanted to do and which people was willing to help and it wasn't supported so they was always behind the 8 ball, chris even packed in because of it but went back to try and help dave

#15 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:38 AM

Pub side , nail on head as far as match day goes gunner , the administrive side as collapsed

#16 kaykie

kaykie
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

Pub side , nail on head as far as match day goes gunner , the administrive side as collapsed

struggled since janet left pal and I was still involved then and heard its even worse now, east have been very lucky over the years on that front first with lynne and then janet

#17 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

Problem is , janet wanted to come back and the present committee refused

#18 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 784 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

Mr C I am sure at some point in the past or present Dave Coyle has done something for the club, but improving it on the actual rugby front I would think is not really his bag, even though he might think it is.

Leigh East is historically a very strong club but since it's move to the LSV it seems it has faced nothing but issues both internally and externally. I am not really familiar with to many of the people who are now behind the running of the club but know it still has the capability with the right people and approach to be a big club once more within the NWC at all age groups.

The town is full of top quality rugby league talent, most of it produced by the senior and junior sections of the Miners or Easts and I sincerely hope that Leigh East get back on their feet but as you and others point out they need people who really know how to do that.

Knowing how close the club is to your heart I am surprised you have not chucked your hat in the ring once more to get them on an even keel!

Tell Coyley I am currently available if he needs a coach..............if nothing else he might crack a smile.......before making an executive decision to politely decline my offer LOL!!!!!

Anyway I hope they sort themselves out and if they have any sense they will perhaps listen to you and those very much like yourself who made the club what it once was, particularly if they want do the same themselves and to take it forward in the future.

#19 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

I think they will sort it out but only when they realise that they have a problem . Emergency meeting at the club tonight , possibly to appoint ex leigh player james Taylor as coach .

Lord charles , my time at leigh east is gone and I will not be going back , I would help if they asked but only on a very small scale . I will pass on your application to mr Coyle lol

#20 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,593 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

We have a Danish lad over there, Jesper Ika.  How is he getting on?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users