Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Catalan Dragons Overseas Quota

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Hvy wg

Hvy wg
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

That would be great, of course.

#22 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

your allowed as many europeans and that other group ( png, samoa, tonga etc) as you want!

how many aussies/kiwis can they have, is it same as every other SL club?
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#23 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

Wonder if some kind of funded draft system could help give more opportunity.

So for example:

Each super league 1 (and maybe even SL2 club) get a pick of a French young player to come to the under 19's his living expenses and a small wage are funded by either SL/French RL/international rugby (world cup profits?) for say 2 years. This would essentially almost double the amount of french players getting a shot at SL and training in a proffesional environment?

I stopped reading at SL2 as this does not and never will exsist, its like calling your car a rolls royce, it doesn't mean it is and never will be!

#24 DoubleD

DoubleD
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

It's a shame that Barthau hasn't had more game time because i believe he's got the potential. His real problem is his defence (not dissimilar to a lot of half backs to be fair) which is probably why Pryce stays ahead of him, but i reckon he offers far more in attack than Pryce.

#25 Hvy wg

Hvy wg
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:02 PM

Barthau is already 24yo... he should have been "in" since 2-3years to fully explore his potential...

Catalans once made Tony Gigot at first grade when he was like 18-19yo... now nobody wants him, dunno why

#26 DoubleD

DoubleD
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

Barthau has developed over the past few years though not to his full potential in my view and he won't whilst playing at a lower level

#27 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:02 PM

What annoys me about the overseas quota is teams see it as a necessity and not as a limit and therefore feel the need to sign players for the sake of it!

I would limit it to 3 and knowing there are ways around it this should keep the average down to 5 per team!

#28 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

It's a shame that Barthau hasn't had more game time because i believe he's got the potential. His real problem is his defence (not dissimilar to a lot of half backs to be fair) which is probably why Pryce stays ahead of him, but i reckon he offers far more in attack than Pryce.

pryce was supposed to add big game experience, they just havnt really played many big games since signing him, also I dont think a rigid structure suits his game......

#29 oiseau

oiseau
  • Coach
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

Barthau is already 24yo... he should have been "in" since 2-3years to fully explore his potential...

Catalans once made Tony Gigot at first grade when he was like 18-19yo... now nobody wants him, dunno why

Because he's not very good, that's why...

He flatters to deceive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users