TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Catalan Dragons Overseas Quota

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Hvy wg

Hvy wg
  • Coach
  • 569 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

That would be great, of course.

#22 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

your allowed as many europeans and that other group ( png, samoa, tonga etc) as you want!

how many aussies/kiwis can they have, is it same as every other SL club?
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#23 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

Wonder if some kind of funded draft system could help give more opportunity.

So for example:

Each super league 1 (and maybe even SL2 club) get a pick of a French young player to come to the under 19's his living expenses and a small wage are funded by either SL/French RL/international rugby (world cup profits?) for say 2 years. This would essentially almost double the amount of french players getting a shot at SL and training in a proffesional environment?

I stopped reading at SL2 as this does not and never will exsist, its like calling your car a rolls royce, it doesn't mean it is and never will be!

#24 DoubleD

DoubleD
  • Players
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

It's a shame that Barthau hasn't had more game time because i believe he's got the potential. His real problem is his defence (not dissimilar to a lot of half backs to be fair) which is probably why Pryce stays ahead of him, but i reckon he offers far more in attack than Pryce.

#25 Hvy wg

Hvy wg
  • Coach
  • 569 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:02 PM

Barthau is already 24yo... he should have been "in" since 2-3years to fully explore his potential...

Catalans once made Tony Gigot at first grade when he was like 18-19yo... now nobody wants him, dunno why

#26 DoubleD

DoubleD
  • Players
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

Barthau has developed over the past few years though not to his full potential in my view and he won't whilst playing at a lower level

#27 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:02 PM

What annoys me about the overseas quota is teams see it as a necessity and not as a limit and therefore feel the need to sign players for the sake of it!

I would limit it to 3 and knowing there are ways around it this should keep the average down to 5 per team!

#28 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

It's a shame that Barthau hasn't had more game time because i believe he's got the potential. His real problem is his defence (not dissimilar to a lot of half backs to be fair) which is probably why Pryce stays ahead of him, but i reckon he offers far more in attack than Pryce.

pryce was supposed to add big game experience, they just havnt really played many big games since signing him, also I dont think a rigid structure suits his game......

#29 oiseau

oiseau
  • Coach
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

Barthau is already 24yo... he should have been "in" since 2-3years to fully explore his potential...

Catalans once made Tony Gigot at first grade when he was like 18-19yo... now nobody wants him, dunno why

Because he's not very good, that's why...

He flatters to deceive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users