Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leigh v Hornets.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

FT Leigh 34 v 22 Hornets.

A Bonus Point for the lads playing away to one of the fancied teams in this division.  Ian Talbot seems to have got the lads up to speed so let's hope we now start picking up more wins to get off the bottom of the table.

I'm proud of them!

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#2 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

Fantastic bonus point at Leigh away.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#3 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:18 PM

Well done indeed.  From what I read, it appears that we were denied two legitimate tries, one by a touchjudge furthest away from play!  This could have tied scores at 28-28. Apparently, Leigh also scored first half from an infringement.  Still, an unexpected bonus point and close to the upset of the season.  Makes next week's tie very interesting. Let's hope for different officials and result, then to move upwards again in the league.

#4 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

Very unlucky not to get a draw or even a win.Seeing as the bookies gave us +35.5 start it would have been fantastic. We have had Mr Bloem for 3 out of 5.Is he our permanent ref.I would have been really sick if they had landed that last minute pen. 

Fantastic game, roll on Sunday for round 2.

#5 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:32 PM

Well done indeed.  From what I read, it appears that we were denied two legitimate tries, one by a touchjudge furthest away from play!  This could have tied scores at 28-28. Apparently, Leigh also scored first half from an infringement.  Still, an unexpected bonus point and close to the upset of the season.  Makes next week's tie very interesting. Let's hope for different officials and result, then to move upwards again in the league.

It's worth pointing out that Leigh had four disallowed. However, your guys played really well, second half and, like Crusaders last week, and Keighley the week before, came within a whisker of gettting two points. Well done.

Next week should be tasty!!

#6 ArthurDaley

ArthurDaley
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

Very unlucky not to get a draw or even a win.Seeing as the bookies gave us +35.5 start it would have been fantastic. We have had Mr Bloem for 3 out of 5.Is he our permanent ref.I would have been really sick if they had landed that last minute pen. 
Fantastic game, roll on Sunday for round 2.

I take it Mr Bloem is not the ex player Jamie Bloem who allegedly liked a recreational substance now and again.

He was taking a kick at goal at Spotland once and the ball was on a line, when some wit in the stand shouted I bet that's the nearest you have been to a white line without sniffing it.

Edited by ArthurDaley, 30 March 2014 - 08:26 PM.

A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

#7 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 776 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:21 AM

Mr Bloem was poor at Featherstone, he was even worse at Leigh. The lads were outstanding and deserved at the very least the draw Mr Bloem denied them.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#8 Butler

Butler
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:03 PM

I take it Mr Bloem is not the ex player Jamie Bloem who allegedly liked a recreational substance now and again.

He was taking a kick at goal at Spotland once and the ball was on a line, when some wit in the stand shouted I bet that's the nearest you have been to a white line without sniffing it.

It is the ex player!!!