Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wigan Predictions

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 scally

scally
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:14 AM

Dewsbury 8 Wigan 32

First try scorer Grady

Attendance 3129

#22 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 152 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:45 AM

Dewsbury 10 Wigan 42

#23 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:33 PM

Not expecting a victory, but a good performance is essential. I hope we give the tie our best shot so far. I recall one of the previous visits of Wigan where we played our hearts out, but it seemed to have worn us out for weeks afterwards and I don't want that again.

Dewsbury 8-58 Wigan.

First try scorer: Hale.

Att: 3437.

Don't think the weather will help us; it isn't going to be that bad.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#24 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:13 PM

Dewsbury rams 10 Wigan all-star's 64

First scorer Josh charnley (Wigan)

First scorer Grady (Dewsbury)

Att
Not as many if it had been on Sunday ;)

#25 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

If Wigan was given the extra 500 Monday meaning they had 2,000 to sell and as of today only have around 300 tickets left which they stated earlier on their website, this means they've already shifted 1700.. we also sold over 1k as if yesterday and people all be it at a slower rate are still buying, then the crowd will be more over 3k coolie come Friday night, otherwise why would we increase our capacity by a further 750 to 3950 meaning more stewarding costs? Be interesting to get an official figure of ticket sales from Wigan because if we only have 750 left to sell that means Wigan must have taken 2,000 to sell instead of 1500??

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 02 April 2014 - 02:38 PM.

#26 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:32 PM

If Wigan was given the extra 500 Monday meaning they had 2,000 to sell and as of today only have around 300 tickets left which they stated earlier on their website, this means they've already shifted 1700.. we also sold over 1k as if yesterday and people all be it at a slower rate are still buying, then the crowd will be more over 3k coolie come Friday night, otherwise why would we increase our capacity by a further 750 to 3950 meaning more stewarding costs? Be interesting to get an official figure of ticket sales from Wigan because if we only have 750 left to sell that means Wigan must have taken 2,000 to sell instead of 1500??

My friend some in this world believe everything they are told

Some in this world wait for the cold hard facts before passing judgement on what is told too them

We will see come the announcement of the crowd on Friday ;)

#27 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

Exactly wel just have to see mate

#28 DewsburyRuss

DewsburyRuss
  • Facebook
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

Wigans squad has been announced and it is a first team.... 10-60 realistically but hopefully 16-30 something like that i`d be suited with...

#29 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

Wigans squad has been announced and it is a first team.... 10-60 realistically but hopefully 16-30 something like that i`d be suited with...

I would be suited if the lads just demonstrate pride in the shirt and give their all - part timers against full timers who just happen to be the holders and fifth in the table is a big ask. Really don't care what the score is as long as the lads do themselves justice and the club proud. Will be with them in spirit - UTR.

#30 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:40 PM

And guess most Dewsbury players will have been at work all day.

Think we will do well to keep the score under 50.

#31 ricochet

ricochet
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:35 PM

If yesterday is owt to go by Pryce interception 9 metre try. How did he fail to score yesterday when Browny put him in?

Brown had a great game against Worky, but on this occasion he passed two strides too soon. He would have been better served dummying and going himself. Prycey can only cross the whitewash if its put on a plate for him such as the 0.75 metre effort served up by Dale morton the other week. He could only manage 90 metres if you put him in a taxi.

Ricochet!

#32 ricochet

ricochet
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:51 PM

Back to the thread, Dewsbury have the shorter turnround,(Wigan played last Friday, us Sunday) they're fulltime, our lads will come straight from work. They are soooooper doooooper league, we are mere championship. It should all add up to a thumping. The thing with sport, though is that strange things can happen, that's why we all turn up week in week out.

If we take a leaf from Fev's book last year and get stuck in, play good championship style rugby, get in their faces, we could come out of the game with a lot of credit and a respectable scoreline (24 point loss or less). 

ON the other hand if we play (and defend ) like we did at Sheffield, the scoreboard might implode!!

Here's hoping we take it to em, and that goes for Batley at home to Cas too. Lets do the Heavy woollen proud. UTR

Ricochet!

#33 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 942 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:25 AM

I'd be happy to see us within 30 points, As long as the lads play with pride in the shirt and give 100%  as I'll be wearing my colours with pride. UTR

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#34 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:41 AM

I do hope we home supporters come to the game, like MF, wearing our colours with pride. For those neutrals and as many home fans without the famous red, amber and black shirt, please find one, or borrow one and show it to the world, well Wigan anyway.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#35 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

I haven't got a shirt so will a scarf do?

#36 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:28 PM

Yep iv just got a scarf this aft mate.

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 03 April 2014 - 12:29 PM.

#37 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:49 PM

I do hope we home supporters come to the game, like MF, wearing our colours with pride. For those neutrals and as many home fans without the famous red, amber and black shirt, please find one, or borrow one and show it to the world, well Wigan anyway.

Speaking of colours - was watching that German fat lass at the European parliament thingy yesterday - has anybody else noticed that the Germans have had the brass neck to nick our colours for their flag - cheeky so.ds. They'll be wanting to play rugby next. :rtfm:

#38 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:29 PM

eh up grumpy talking about club colours back in 1995 the only time i was on the gravy train at wembley with a council rep ticket myself and andrew arrived at wembley wearing traditional dewsbury ties to be greeted by kath hetherington who was rfl president at the time . as andrew and myself shook her hand she snidely said " i dont recognise those ties " to us . with my usual rapier like sarcasm i quiped " you should do , after all your husband nicked them for sheffield eagles " . shut  her up for once .

#39 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

I haven't got a shirt so will a scarf do?

'Course it will Eddie. You can wave that above your head as you cheer us on. It will also be easier than trying to remove the shirt to wave that item of clothing!
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#40 Heckler

Heckler
  • Coach
  • 411 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

Heart says:

Dewsbury 1 Pies 0 (Thakeray drop goal in a golden point moment).

Brain says:

Dewsbury 14 Pies 44

First try: Godwin

Att: 3001

Plumbing mishap in the away changing rooms: Hope so  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users