Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Macabre incident at Rochdale last week.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:43 AM

So i heard that at Rochdale last week, Byron Smith had an upset stomach, and during a break in play could not refuse the call of nature and had to relieve his pain in a bin in the enpty stand out of view. A steward saw him crouched over said bin and reported him to the RFL who are investigating.

He also apparently soiled himself at half time, which clearly shows the poor lad wasnt well.

Has anyone any idea if the RFL have any rules regarding such instances? He surely cant be disciplined for being unwell?
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:38 AM

I saw him run off after they had scored their first try. I thought he mistaken off after missing a one on one tackle leading up to the try.
He ran past the benches and into the main stand though.

#3 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:24 AM

Not sure what you saw there Distant but Baz definitely ran off the top end of the field and ran round the back of the stand for his "toilet break" then reappeared and came back over the fence
Surely there's no case to answer to the RFL ?

#4 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:11 AM

Its like turning up at allerton bywater for birkenshaw in 1998 for a yorkshire amateur game to find some sport had smeared dog or person do do allover the changing rooms.

Warm welcome eh?

Surely the old boys at red hall will realise the difference between illness and vandalism

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#5 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

Not sure what you saw there Distant but Baz definitely ran off the top end of the field and ran round the back of the stand for his "toilet break" then reappeared and came back over the fence
Surely there's no case to answer to the RFL ?

Neither am l. I was sat at the end where spectators came in and he ran off in front of me and l assumed towards the tunnel.

Anyway l am sure nothing will come of it all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users